• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weird messages during game play

T

Turdnugget

Yesterday when running around Yew... I got a couple weird messages. It came across in the bottom left corner... the first one said something along the lines of " Gargish is the official language of the Gargoyles" and another saying "moonstones used to be the way to travel between trammel and felucca" ... it was some weird stuff.

Anyone else encounter this?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Collection rewards (eg: nystul's crystal balls from the Vesper Museum) will spout random trivia when turned on and locked down in a house.

In small doses, it makes the homes feel lived-in.
Too many of these in one area gets a bit spammy.

T

Turdnugget

It was in two different spots though... and I don't know how many Fel Yew house owners would have one... I got the messages about 10 screens apart. About 10-15 mins apart too...

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was in two different spots though... and I don't know how many Fel Yew house owners would have one... I got the messages about 10 screens apart. About 10-15 mins apart too...
If I log out and back in and even visit my home near the server line, and it has the statues, anyone someone passes the house i get the message a type of bleed over.

Gives me a great information when someone is running by my home or mineing near my home

M

mr.blackmage

even after multiple reinstalls, (and different computers) my characters speech and others speech appears in the bottom left hand of my screen (where "you cannot perform another action" appears). There is no characters name signifying who said it. Tres annoying.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been getting odd things on my screen when running around the lands checking for house plots. Each time I would click the house placement tool I would get the word "true" in my text speech in the same font as if I was making a "note to self". I have never seen that before.

R

Radun

even after multiple reinstalls, (and different computers) my characters speech and others speech appears in the bottom left hand of my screen (where "you cannot perform another action" appears). There is no characters name signifying who said it. Tres annoying.
only time i've seen that is when someone has their spell macros on their letter keys without ctrl or alt, so that every time they type they're spamming spell precasts.... then when they're spamming spell precasts they hit enter and it goes to the bottom of their screen instead of over their head.. i find the spell precast spamming to be more annoying than their speech going to the bottom of the screen.

A

Arch Magus

Each time I would click the house placement tool I would get the word "true" in my text speech in the same font as if I was making a "note to self". I have never seen that before.
Yes, i've been getting this same message for a while. Everytime i check my bank balance with the house tool. Odd isn't it?

M

mr.blackmage

only time i've seen that is when someone has their spell macros on their letter keys without ctrl or alt, so that every time they type they're spamming spell precasts.... then when they're spamming spell precasts they hit enter and it goes to the bottom of their screen instead of over their head.. i find the spell precast spamming to be more annoying than their speech going to the bottom of the screen.

It's been like this for about two years now. The only way I can talk to people is through party chat, because otherwise I can't tell who is talking. It goes for everyone, even when I am not casting spells. It seems to be random, although longer words will go through more often than smaller ones. I can USUALLY do 1-2 small word sentences and it will work. Otherwise, it all goes down to the bottom left.