• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weeee (ot)

B

BardMal

Rockin' and rollin' - Ally's first earthquake here in Los Angeles. Hope she's ok, cell phones are not working so I can't get her online.

Our place shook pretty good, I bet those poor folks inland are terrified.

Bear and Bonnie freaked, Ebony barely looked up, and "grumpy" never lifted her head off of the computer router pillow. Hard to tell what "the street urchin's" reaction was, she's been grumpy all morning.

B

BardMal

5.8 just now, centered just east of L.A. - CNN is playing it now. 11:42 am is official time.

D

Deb

5.8 I just got home for lunch and my poor mother-in-law was freaking.
Poor thing....no one hurt thank god...but alot of broken items.

L

Lady_Mina

I think i would totaly freak out aswell.

Since i'm used to live in Europa (central-north)...where earthquakes are not that common and rather very very very rare.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I think i would totaly freak out aswell.

Since i'm used to live in Europa (central-north)...where earthquakes are not that common and rather very very very rare.
Sorry,
Hope everyone is AOK.

I caused it trying to figure out a dupe.

D

Dragon Mist

Sounds like everyone is ok, and thats a good thing! I saw your post and had to give a shout to the best couple on Legends...Bard & Ally. It was great to see you guys at the town hall again.

C

Connor_Graham

I'll trade ya your earthquakes for my hurricanes and tornadoes. I'll take earthquakes any day over those.

B

BardMal

Sounds like everyone is ok, and thats a good thing! I saw your post and had to give a shout to the best couple on Legends...Bard & Ally. It was great to see you guys at the town hall again.
Was great to see you again too!!!
There are alot of GREAT FOLKS on Legends, and I am humbled to be among them. :danceb:
My actual skill set is, "Leather farming newb" according to those advanced, red named chars. I am looking for a body guard who can speak "733t". :D

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi :)

I am here and ok - got a little dizzy from all the shakin and swaying

And it was great to see you again too DragonMist :D

S

Sheridan

Yeeeehaw. I work just 8 miles from where the epicenter was:

The whole building did a few bunnyhops and a nice shimmy. I love Southern California.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been downgraded to a 5.4, which for SoCal is only a medium sized quake. By tomorrow it'll be a 5.2 probably when the USGS and CalTech calibrate their numbers.

Wasn't that big, just lasted a little long for one it's size is all. Only a single item fell off a shelf in my home, lots of people had more things fell off their shelves. But the media is making this sound like it's a big deal... it's not. Sierra Madre, Upland, and Whittier were all bigger than this one. Landers, Northridge and Loma Prieta... now those were big quakes.

Today's quake was a speed bump. :D