• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wednesday nights peerless: 7pm bst @ umbra bank

C

cheerful

I take some comfort in knowing that everyone who turned up was just as wrong as me, no consulation for the peeps that missed it i'm sure.
Anyway, congrats to Lady Miriam Witchburn who managed to pull a crimbo on her first ever peerless and a big thank you to SRG for helping me out again.

Jabba tonight (Wednesday) so you will have to leave the pets at home and bring your etheral mounts.
Alyx.

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway, congrats to Lady Miriam Witchborn who managed to pull a crimbo on her first ever peerless
Aah, yes, that'd be me. :blushing: Very embarassed, cos I'd been appallingly useless all night and mostly got in the way and lots of dead. And I had absolutely no idea what I was doing so everyone had to hang around and wait for me while I rushed about like a headless chicken doing stupid things. ANYWAY, everyone was very kind and patient and explained things to me in words of one syllable till I stopped panicking, and Mel herself didn't seem so bad (with everyone healing me all the time, how could it? ;) ).

So, I've read up on Paroxysmus, and hopefully one of Miriam's more melee sisters will join the good fight tomorrow, and try to be more useful.
Thanks again to everyone :bowdown: it was a real learning experience :)

S

Stomp

Congrats on the Crimson ThimblePixie - wtg !!

*tips hat to cheerful , aka Alyx *

I have to say, Umbra peerless hunters are a great way to get into peerless. I did a long time ago, and as a result I have some great UO friends, formed a guild of people I met through peerless hunting initially ( waves to all of WoY ), and have since done in excess of 2000 peerless. I read about the group at a time UO as a solo player was becoming a little stagnant for me. Without the influence of this group, my days as a solo player were numbered and I doubt I would still be playing UO today. That was, erm, 3 years ago maybe - I dunno, a long time for sure.

Follow Alyx's lead, contribute to the keys, and you will hook up with some nice people. For those new to peerless, its bad Karma to "jump" a group already waiting to enter a peerless boss - form an orderly queue and earn the respect of the regular peerless groups - Alyx knows what I mean and I am sure he will instill good practice into all newcomers.

Way to go Alyx - I hope you get a great group going again - good memories Sire and much gratitude for shaping the way UO is for me today..

Stomp / Xavier [GM of WoY], ever willing to help the Umbra group steered by Alyx.... Ever you need an extra body Alyx and see a WoY char on - feel free to ask em to beef your numbers - most likely they be happy to ( peerless junkies that we are - can never have too many crimmies ) !!

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd suggest making this later/earlier considering the weekly EA&E auction. :eek:

C

cheerful

Hey Stomp, thanks for your kind words, they were great days were'nt they, no maps or guides lost in dungeons, wall to wall ninja's in Trav, 'whats a putrefier?'..'dunno how hard can it be? let's get it' ooOoOo ha.
Yes three years on and it's nice to have the experience but those days were best.

Thimblepixie:You were there, you collected, you died for the cause you deserve what you got (the crimson i mean).

Faith:I'm going to keep the planned time but will be at Umbra every hour to collect anyone that wants to join so thats 7-8-9-10pm bst umbra bank, hope this works for you.

Off to work now :(
Alyx.

B

Birdseye

Certainly gonna make it tonight.

My micro-filter broke yesterday (no idea how!), and after spending an hour with Draco at "Brit" bank on Monday, it looks like the UO god's were/are against me!

Newbie questions, but:

How often (approx) do Crimson's drop?
Is there a certain peerless, that appears to drop better loot than others?
Whats "Jabba", and if i am bringing an Archer, is there a slayer i should be bringing?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No problem Alyx, any time, I like a good ole peerless bashing :D

See you tonight for Jabba :thumbsup:

@ Birdseye - Crimson drops seem totally random, and I haven't noticed any difference in loot between the different peerless. Jabba is Chief Paroxysmus, most of us call him Jabba because he looks like Jabba the Hutt from Star Wars. An archer can do ok at Jabba, but from my experience, a mage is better, if you do damage to him and he has line of sight, he can teleport you to him and hit you for massive amounts of damage, usually killing you. I use a mage, cast explosion and run, so by the time it hits him, you can be too far from him, or hiding behind the pillar in there.

As for slayers, I don't think any peerless has a slayer vulnerability, although there is a rumour Melisande is weak to Fey slayers.

Merlin of SRG

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the crimson, Miriam :)
... and thanks again to Alyx for arranging this, and to the other peerless veterans for valuable advise.
I was able to join in on Monday´s hunt, but will miss the rest of them :( and I was just wondering if there´s a chance the "peerless boardie hunts" will continue after this week?

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great to see peerless boardie hunts happening again alyx
Shame i cant make tonight but will look forward to a few hunts with you guys
(Its been a while)
I should be able to sort i couple of sets of keys as well

C

cheerful

Home at last.

Ayarablue:The normal peerless hunts still go on from Umbra at 8pm, it's not so active now as it used to be, i myself have got other obligations and can only find time for a couple a week if i'm lucky but rather than see it die all together i thought i might try and get a few people together to form new friendships under a common banner.

egg:hello stranger, welcome anytime you know that :)

For entry into the palace we need an acid proof rope, i thought i had the recipe but.... and so you will need to bring 5,000 gp so as to purchase one from the npc outside the lair.
Merlin has described the safest way to deal with Jabba and if you are taking an archer you will need high HP to survive the initial hug from Jabba, necro's casting corpse skin are a plus also.
On first entry we cast EV's to clear the lower spawn before damaging the chief, once they are dead no more summons (dose'nt matter if he eats the EV's if he is at full HP)