• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] weapon for PVM?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think it must be a Radiant Scimitar (for ww).
DI is default

What other properties would be better?
SSI
Hit Something Area (multiplied by ww)
... ?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOULD BE BEST TO GET SOMETHING MADE OUT OF VALARYIAN STEEL.

WINTER IS COMING

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The weapon completely depends on what you are battling. Radiant Scimtar is good for Whirlwind when you are fighting a lot of lower-end spawn. Daisho is good for feint. But I like using the Broadsword or Longsword (total stamina and SSI dependent) as a swordsmanship AI weapon.

On my weapons, I use:

- DI
- HSL
- HML

The other mods depend. I must swing at max swing speed. If SSI is needed to get to that, then SSI is a must. The final mods can be any of the following:

- HLD
- Slayer
- Hit Area
- HLA

If you have HLD on your suit, then you don't need that. Slayer is very handy but if you plan to fight a single foe using Honor & EOO, then it may not be needed depending on the fight. Hit Area is great for spawns while using a whirlwind weapon on low-end spawn. HLA is great when you are fighting a single boss and need to get hit less.

So the short answer is, it all depends on the situation and what you are fighting.

-OBSIDIAN-

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Obsidian
Thank you.

I haven't Chivalry so I believe I need Slayer.
My Stamina is 99 only (only 9 SI on my armor suit) so I need SSI to swing faster.

All people say about 45 HCI/DCI. Are those stats so important in PvM? Can I get them without HCI/DCI on your weapon (I don't use shields)?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
110 Sword
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
85 Healing
95 Parry
100 Bushido
110 Archery

125 STR
90 DEX
10 INT (+20 mana from Wisdom)

skill caps 700, stats caps 225

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think part of your issue is your template. Do you want to be a melee fighter or an archer? If you do both, you're going to be so-so at both. I recommend choosing one and then optimizing your suit and weapons around it. If you do keep both, you will probably need to drop parry. Whatever you decide, get to 120 of your primary weapon skill soonest. A 120 Mace Fighting power scroll is cheap and well l worth the investment.

Next, I would adjust your stats to be STR 85, DEX 125, and INT 10. As soon as possible, get a +15 or +20 stat scroll and add all of that extra into STR. You will need some HPI on your suit to help raise your survivability.

Once you decide on your template and adjust your stats, then I think we can help you tweak your weapon and suit to your needs.

-OBSIDIAN-

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I want to be an archer but in dungeons I often overcrowded by monsters so I should use sword + parry. What can I use for a crowd control?

Now I can't afford +25 stats scrolls or 120 power scrolls. Is it worth to drop 110 sword for 120 macefighting? I believe it takes a lot of time to get mace to 120.

I have never seen HPI armor sutes... It seems crafters make 100%LRC only :(.

I will drop STR for DEX.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maths:

At 110 weapon skill, with 45% HCI and Hit Lower Defense, you will hit an opponent with 120 wrestling (a lot of high end monsters) 89% of the time.

At 120 weapon skill, with the rest the same, you will hit 96% of the time.

I'll leave conclusions to you.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would ask what shard you are on as it might help to look around for crafters there. Sometimes you can also get a low cost power scroll that if it isn't a +25 can at least get you up somewhat which should help.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
At 110 weapon skill, with 45% HCI and Hit Lower Defense, you will hit an opponent with 120 wrestling (a lot of high end monsters) 89% of the time.
To be fair I don't see any difference. But everyone can check it herself without any math:
1. Take on an "All 70%" suit without other mods.
2. Take in your hands something like Blaze of Death.
3. Try to melee your favorite high end monster.
As to me I doubt someone will see any difference between 110 and 120 fighting skill in that fight.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I would ask what shard you are on as it might help to look around for crafters there. Sometimes you can also get a low cost power scroll that if it isn't a +25 can at least get you up somewhat which should help.
I'm on Europa.

I have imbuing ingredients to trade for armor/weapon. I'm going to make a post on the trade forum when I find out which armor/weapon that I can afford suits me better.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a good idea to post in the trade forums. I will try to see if I have any friends on Europa that have crafters and maybe some of the hardcore board warriors will do the same. Good luck getting a suit and if you ever need any help on Chessy let me know.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be fair I don't see any difference. But everyone can check it herself without any math:
1. Take on an "All 70%" suit without other mods.
2. Take in your hands something like Blaze of Death.
3. Try to melee your favorite high end monster.
As to me I doubt someone will see any difference between 110 and 120 fighting skill in that fight.
I think i can see now where your real problem is. Your example shows that you should check that UO Stratics - Combat.
Because that example is bad. Blaze of death is a slow weapon to begin with and has no stamina leech. As soon as you get hit once by monster, your stamina will drop so low you dont seem to swing your weapon at all. Of course there is not much difference between 110 or 120 weapon skill then.

You need to get stamina up on that char as high as possible, especially with archery. You will do much better then and find you dont need 2 weapon skills anymore.
With your current 99 stam, i would suggest a radiant scimitar. Mods should be 20 ssi, 40+ stam leech and mana leech mana leech, 45 di and hit lower defence.