• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We need a FEW new weapons about now it has been long enough.

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have 3 in mind myself.
Swords
Claymore 17-20 Damage / 3.75 Swing / 2 handed - Similar to paladin sword except a bit faster whirlwind and crushing blow. I was thinking AI but it would always be maybe 1.5 sec swing so maybe a crushing blow like ornate axe that with high damage mods can do 33-37 damage?
Mace
Flail (Spiked ball and chain) 14-17 Damage / 3.25 swing / 1 handed - Macing really needs a 1 handed whirlwind weapon for spawns. So whirlwind and mortal.
Fencing
Rapier 8-11Damage / 2.00 Swing / 1 handed - A fast armor ignore and bleed or mortal weapon for fencers. Would need high damage increase and strength to balance the speed.
Archery
Not sure, Longbow? Ideas and opinions appreciated.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
An iron fist.

Seriously, unarmed combat with a kung fu grip. Make it a decent choice with defensive as well as offensive capabilities.

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hmm see what i like about the iron fist is it can be a 2 handed wrestling with the parry boost of a shield over 2 handed wep w/o bush?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 3 in mind myself.
Swords
Claymore 17-20 Damage / 3.75 Swing / 2 handed - Similar to paladin sword except a bit faster whirlwind and crushing blow. I was thinking AI but it would always be maybe 1.5 sec swing so maybe a crushing blow like ornate axe that with high damage mods can do 33-37 damage?
Mace
Flail (Spiked ball and chain) 14-17 Damage / 3.25 swing / 1 handed - Macing really needs a 1 handed whirlwind weapon for spawns. So whirlwind and mortal.
Fencing
Rapier 8-11Damage / 2.00 Swing / 1 handed - A fast armor ignore and bleed or mortal weapon for fencers. Would need high damage increase and strength to balance the speed.
Archery
Not sure, Longbow? Ideas and opinions appreciated.
Archery: One handed Dark Elven Handbow. 10-12 damage, 2.5 Swing, 1 handed, Like a mini-crossbow: Poison Bolt (For those with Poisoning), Spiked Bolt (Bleed attack for archers).

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like this. Simple changes, easy to grasp, not whole new mechanics

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 in mind myself.
Swords
Claymore 17-20 Damage / 3.75 Swing / 2 handed - Similar to paladin sword except a bit faster whirlwind and crushing blow. I was thinking AI but it would always be maybe 1.5 sec swing
not true. 1.25 (max) swing obtained with 3.75speed weapons using 180stam 55ssi, or 210stam 35ssi.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mace
Lol, this ^. I had the exact same idea months ago. Make a 1H Flail Wep with WW for Macers. Hell, Fencing could use a 1H WW Wep as well, no idea what the wep should be though. Swords is currently the only wep skill with a 1H WW Wep, the Radiant Scimitar.

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As much as i love the 1 handed bow i need to admit i think that it combined with a comp bow is TOO GOOD. AI/Moving Shot with a Poison/Bleed combo. Damn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As much as i love the 1 handed bow i need to admit i think that it combined with a comp bow is TOO GOOD. AI/Moving Shot with a Poison/Bleed combo. Damn.
Yeah but this would make you carry both bolts and arrows.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Commit Genocide on the Gargoyles and remove them from game so we can then have Throwing on Humans.
Because apparently at the moment we can't understand how to pick something up and throw it......*shakes head in disbelief*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Commit Genocide on the Gargoyles and remove them from game so we can then have Throwing on Humans.
Because apparently at the moment we can't understand how to pick something up and throw it......*shakes head in disbelief*
Heh... they could... but it would have to use an existing swing animation. That's why humans can't throw.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to think that then i remembered we already have the Human "throwing" animation. I've been "throwing" poison darts and stars for years already.....

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The only skill that really needs new weapons imo is the only one not mentioned... Throwing. Making all the weapons speeds/base damage the same was a mistake. I wouldn't be against seeing something for Wrestling either.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
we do not need new weapons, the dev did many changes to make thing more useable/fair. new weapons that are better would just destroy everything the devs have accomplished. there is no reason to do it. just my opinion. still a lot of other things need to be fix.

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
we do not need new weapons, the dev did many changes to make thing more useable/fair. new weapons that are better would just destroy everything the devs have accomplished. there is no reason to do it. just my opinion. still a lot of other things need to be fix.
I believe we do. Weapons that allow for more variety now, not* "Better" to be OP or any of that BS. Example, how does a whirlwind 1 handed mace wep destroy anything? Imput and discussion brought us the balance we somewhat have today.

Last edited:

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone else have a wish list? Keep it simple this is just suggestions. Try to keep them balanced too and not just a dream weapon.

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
not true. 1.25 (max) swing obtained with 3.75speed weapons using 180stam 55ssi, or 210stam 35ssi.
Thanks for the correction. I was just generalizing didn't do the calculations myself 4.0 Might be w better Swing Speed then or 4.25 maybe?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a Flail would be awesome, but either way there should be a wider range of weapons at least for Fencing & Macing... swords has it all! mostly on one-handed weapons as well as two-handed ones!

RaresNwARES

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
a Flail would be awesome, but either way there should be a wider range of weapons at least for Fencing & Macing... swords has it all! mostly on one-handed weapons as well as two-handed ones!
As much as i WANT the Claymore i agree, Mace and Fencing needs a bit more variety all the weapon skills should have that. Also thinking of archery maybe a wep with "volley shot" as a special where it shoots 5 arrows that strikes 5 monsters in a 5x5 radius for mobs. Could work nice for spawns with area affect too.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More throwing weapons.

Magic bows, magic axes, magic wands, magic boomerangs, juggernaut hammer -- ranged weapons that a human/elf can wield that do not require ammo. See Ultima IV, V, VI, VII.

Various gloves that bring wrestling up to the usefulness of the other melee weapon skills.

Gargoyle talons that give the same incoming damage reduction to gargoyles as armored swamp dragons give to humans/elves.

Gargoyle talons that give gargoyles the same +5 mining ability as mining gloves give to humans/elves.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
And on the broader subject of equipment... we also need Gargoyle versions of all the Shadowguard stuff, maybe someone we can hand them to for a conversion. I rebuilt a whole character around items I thought they'd be able to get, that were o TC, only to find out they didn't put them on production shards. No rhyme or reason for it.