• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ways to improve UO subscription, interactivity.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a wild idea. Game codes are relatively cheap to produce, are they not? I mean like "registration codes." Maybe if Mythic were to incorporate a system where if one played WAR & UO or UO & DAoC or played all three at the same time they could earn special rewards via achievements.

Yah, achievements! Like Microsoft created for the Xbox system & then for the 360. Give people a reason to fill out BODs or kill x number of monsters from a Heartwood quest.

Better yet, improve crafting in UO by having a "menu" or order form of some kind a player can buy from an NPC. They fill out what they need & give to a player blacksmith or tailor or whatever crafter. Make a rule that you can't fill out orders from the same account. Anyway, make the items as you would a BOD but in this case it would be a suit of armor or a full potion keg or a large stack of bandages or something! This way it would be an incentive for players to help each other rather than just sit around and spam all day!

And what is the smith's reward for helping the customer? A game code which unlocks some exclusive swag for UO or maybe one of Mythic's other games if they subscribe to it. Something like soul-bound armor sets. I mean it's a combination of the AOS clothing concept with soul stones (not transferable to other players).

Or... give UO-style crafting skills to WAR. Allow transfer of a crafter character from UO to WAR via a game code so you can have your very own "Artisan" class character in WAR.

Maybe WAR should also have soul stones of some kind as well. If you decide you're tired of your lvl 40 tank, then you can "reroll" him into an Artisan with the same stats, but with zero skills. (Unless you transfered skills from UO that is.)