• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Water Toggle for Plants

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kyrie_Elaison

Jeremy,

Could we look at getting plant gumps fixed so that they will add the water when you click the icon, rather than having to target the pitcher every time? OMG it's annoying.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the original plants do this as well?

I don't remember having to choose the pitcher each time...granted, I've only gardened a little.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I think that having the "Water" icon work like the potion icons in the plant menu there is an easy way to do it...Just have a macro for Last Target and then when you click on the Water icon just push your Last Target macro and it'll make watering much easier.

The macro button only works after you target your water pitcher at least once. forgot to add that.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather not have to set up a macro that will only save me a few clicks when they could add the code to save me the clicks of setting up the macro! :D

Please can we get this added?

I

Infiniti

Agree. It would save a lot of time when growing tons of plants like some of us do. :D

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, this would be appreciated!

Even though I already use my last target (mousewheel) to target the pitcher.

Also recorded a macro to fill the pitcher so that I don't need to change my last target :)

I have a macro to fill bowls with dirt, another to use seeds.

I carry the potion kegs in my pack to save 1 extra click.

Laziness is the mother of efficiency!

Btw, can I also request that if you double-click or move a plant, the previous gump would close? I too often accidently open a gump for the same plant twice and double-dose the plant to death...

C

Conrad

I'd rather not have to set up a macro that will only save me a few clicks
So......
Water 1000 plants = 4000 seconds
Total time spent = 4000 seconds

VS.

Make macro = 10 seconds
+
Water 1000 plants = 2000 seconds
Total time spent = 2010 seconds

More then a few clicks, its time as well, toots. Your not accounting for the time it takes to move your cursor and target. Learn to make macros, and more importantly, USE THEM.

A

Amethyst of Napa

Watering plants should be like cooking where you have to stand next to a oven. If you are standing close to the water source (a water trough) clicking the pitcher should automatically water the plant without having to target.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

So......
Water 1000 plants = 4000 seconds
Total time spent = 4000 seconds

VS.

Make macro = 10 seconds
+
Water 1000 plants = 2000 seconds
Total time spent = 2010 seconds

More then a few clicks, its time as well, toots. Your not accounting for the time it takes to move your cursor and target. Learn to make macros, and more importantly, USE THEM.
It should be set up the same as the potions are.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Replied in hopes of Jeremy seeing this................... :lick:

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, please fix this! I have a macro that helps a bit with the watering, but it would still be faster if the water button worked the same as the potion buttons do.

S

Sarphus

Has anyone checked how plant watering works in KR?

I haven't, but I wonder if a KR mod could be made to make plant maint easier/faster.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Has anyone checked how plant watering works in KR?

I haven't, but I wonder if a KR mod could be made to make plant maint easier/faster.
I thought it worked the same, but I haven't used KR in a while so I don't fully remember either.