• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warrior's Guide. Part 6. Combined templates.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Combined templates are not just combine different skills... To be successful they must have an idea.

I haven't played all templates in the game so there are may be better ones.
Most of those templates use ~800 skill points. If your suit is not good enough you usually can drop skills like Tactics/Anatomy/Bushido/Healing to 100.

1. Melee Archer
Idea: In some situations you want to be melee and in some situations you want to be ranged. So it would be nice to be melee and range at the same time.

To make a melee archer you just need to replace Parrying by Archer on a melee character. I tried this on both Sampire and Bushido Paladin and the second variant is better. It is almost like Bushido Paldin when uses swords/axes and like Classic Archer when uses bows.
Since you never use Swordsmanship and Archery on the same time you can have two sets of jewels - with 30 Arhcery and with 30 Swordsmanship. Without Parrying you will use Bushido mostly for Perfection. So 90 is enough (to get 300 reduction points).

There is my setup:
120/90 Archery
90/120 Swordsmanship
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing

This setup is requare a good suit with 60 skill points on jewels. But there is possible to make cheap version. I suggest Macefighting because with it you don't need expensive SSI jewels. Also Macefighting power scroll is much cheaper as well.
120/90 Archery
90/120 Macefighting
90 Bushido
120 Chivalry
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
110 Healing

It is the most versatile template I have played***.

2. Disco swordsmanship
Idea: Doulbe Strike often does more damage than Armor Ignore. We can farther increase its damage by decreasing target's resistances. There are two ways to do it: Discordance and Corpse Skin. Corpse Skin reduce only fire and poison resistances. Also you need to recast it pretty often and you don't swing while casting. So you may choose to go without Necromancy. But with Necromancy you can also use Cursed Weapon to get hugde Life Leach (and Wraith Form for Mana Drain when you need it).

There are two ways to go with Disco.

2.1. If you are going to use it only against big bosses you need it only to apply Discordance at the beginning of a fight. In this case you can use items to get Disco/Music:
Song Woven Mantle (elves only) +10 Music
Mark of Travesty +10 Mucis, +10 Disco
Fishing Pole (runic crafted) +15 Disco
The Life of Travelling Ministrel +5 Music
Ring +15 Disco, +15 Music
Bracelet +15 Disco, +15 Music
Total: +55 Music, +55 Disco

2.2. If you are going to use it on every monster you are attacking without swapping equipment you will 120 Music/Disco. In this case you also will be able to use Bard Songs (although I don't sure you will be able to get enough mana for them).

Variant with Necromancy:
120 Swordsmanship
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
80 Bushido
96 Chivalry
60 Necromancy
75 Spirit Speak
65 Music
65 Disco
Total: +81 skills on jewels/talisman

Variant without Necromancy
120 Swordsmanship
100 Tactics
120 Anatomy
115 Bushido (you can also get Tactis instead of Bushido)
120 Chivalry
100 Parrying/Lumberjacking/Healing
65 Music
65 Disco
Total: +85 Skills on jewels/talisman

Variant with full Disco/Music
120 Swordsmanship
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
80 Bushido (you can also get Tactis instead of Bushido)
120 Chivalry
120 Music
120 Disco
Total: +80 Skills on jewels/on talisman

It is one of the most damaging templates I have played***.

3. Necro swordsmanship
Idea: Cursed Weapon gives you 50% Life Leach. With such huge LL you can go without Parrying, replacing it by Lumberjacking to do more damage.

Idea is pretty close to the previous template. In this case you needn't spend time to applay Disco. And this template is more strong than Lumberjacking variant above (thanks to LL).

120 Swordsmanship
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
95 Chivalry
80 Bushido
100 Lumberjacking
60 Necromancy
75 Spirit Speak
Total: +50 Skills on jewels/talisman

It is one of the most damaging templates I have played***.

4. Mystic Macer

Idea: The Stone Form may neutralize poison, strangle, bleed, sleep, and stat reduction effects. This does Healing skill very effective.

I suggest Macefighting because there are good Macefighting 1H weapons (you need a free hand to use Healing Stome) but you can try other skill. Unfortunetely you have no room for both Chivalry and Bushido. Since you haven't Parrying I suggest Chivalry.

120 Macefighting
120 Mystic
120 Focus
100 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
120 Chivalry
Total: +80 Skills on jewels/talisman

5. Mystic Thrower
Idea: Use Rasing Colossus as a tank.
I suggest Throwing over Archery because you need free hand to use Healing Stone. To get rid of agro use Mass Sleep (I suggest to trigger it in the stone).
120 Throwing
120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Tactics
120 Resisting Spells/Anatomy (without Healing skill you usually prefer to have Resisting Spells)
120 Chivalry

This is good template to start with because you needn't good suit (and you can use it without 120 Mystic/Focus/Tactics.

6. To be continued...

Feel free to suggest your template.

*** I haven't played all templates in the game so there are may be other templates that could beat this one.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Right now I'm playing by Ninjitsu Paladin:
120 Macefighting
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
120 Chivalry
120 Resisting Spells
80 Bushido (for perfection bonus)
5 Throwing (on wings)
95 Ninjitsu (for 300 reduction points and mirror images)
(4/6 cating)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
100 tact and 100 anat = 123.75 damage increase.

120 tact, 80 anat = 126.25.

Your template has 0 heal, so anat is not needed.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yep, if you do the math, that's how the numbers work out. If you simply look at this chart, and add the two numbers... you get to my answer:
upload_2015-6-5_11-15-39.png

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
This chart doesn't take in account that you get 5% bonus for GM Anatomy level. So this chart is wrong (numbers below 100 are wrong).