• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warrior Template Help

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I want to jump back into playing my tank meler and do something different after all these years.

Human
120 Swords/Macing/Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry
120 Resist/Bushido
120 Healing
120 Anatomy

OR

120 Swords/Macing/Fencing
100 Tactics
70 Chivalry
120 Resist
120 Bushido
100Healing
90 Anatomy

125 Str (15- Str with gear)
125 Dex (140+ dex with gear for 4sec heals)
10 Int

I am thinking about running full plate with Mace and Shield Glasses. I have no clue which weapons to run, but I am considering sticking with broadswords (mainly based on an oldschool love of them over longswords and for the armor ignore). I want to run without a shield and take advantage of 50% EP.

Any suggestions on gear/arties? I am a returning veteran and left just after reforging came out. I have the resources and crafting skills to make whatever is available. Is this template viable for going toe to toe with just about anything? I know about 100% HLL weapons. Is this a must on this build? I really enjoyed bushido back when I played with a Sampire, but I keep reading how important resist is these days due to blood oath, curses, ect. Which is stronger? I don't see how I can swap back and forth depending on what I am fighting due to the fact the suit will require 45 DCI if I run resist and 0 DCI if I run bushido for counterattack. Then again I can go over board and just make two suits. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You'd need Parry for Counter Attack. If it's out of those two templates I'd probably go for the second one, but have Heal and Anat at 80 and use Enhanced Bandages, and have 90 Chiv, 110 Tactics and use the Soldier's Medal for 120 Tactics.

I wouldn't say it can go toe to toe with anything, most templates that can do that involve either Parry, Ninjitsu, Taming, Discord, Wraith Form, Vamp Form or Stone Form. Though it depends on your definition of anything, I'd say everything apart from bosses you'd have no problem with.

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You'd need Parry for Counter Attack. If it's out of those two templates I'd probably go for the second one, but have Heal and Anat at 80 and use Enhanced Bandages, and have 90 Chiv, 110 Tactics and use the Soldier's Medal for 120 Tactics.

I wouldn't say it can go toe to toe with anything, most templates that can do that involve either Parry, Ninjitsu, Taming, Discord, Wraith Form, Vamp Form or Stone Form. Though it depends on your definition of anything, I'd say everything apart from bosses you'd have no problem with.
Ran some tests against Greater Dragons and had a hell of time not using any parry or resist. I want to stay away from any magic forms. Obviously I won't be able to take on everything in the game without some sort of help. I wonder though, if this template can keep it's own against the Peerless bosses by using a combination of armor ignore and feint weapons, and pots. Biggest problem I see is the sheer imbuing space the extra skill increases are going to take on my jewelry. Although would this template be better off with 0 DCI or 45 DCI? I keep reading about Counter Attack, but is it REALLY worth it?

120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bushido
90 Tactics (+10 from Soldier's Medal)
50 Healing (+30 from jewelry)
50 Anatomy (+30 from jewelry)
80 Resist
90 Chivalry

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ran some tests against Greater Dragons and had a hell of time not using any parry or resist. I want to stay away from any magic forms. Obviously I won't be able to take on everything in the game without some sort of help. I wonder though, if this template can keep it's own against the Peerless bosses by using a combination of armor ignore and feint weapons, and pots. Biggest problem I see is the sheer imbuing space the extra skill increases are going to take on my jewelry. Although would this template be better off with 0 DCI or 45 DCI? I keep reading about Counter Attack, but is it REALLY worth it?

120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bushido
90 Tactics (+10 from Soldier's Medal)
50 Healing (+30 from jewelry)
50 Anatomy (+30 from jewelry)
80 Resist
90 Chivalry
It's not something I'd bother building a character around, it's best used with Double Strike, which you haven't mentioned. You have mentioned Feint and AI which would probably suggest going Fencing is a better option for the Leafblade.

From what you've said, I'd recommend:

120 Fencing
110 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Parry (120 Resist on a stone for some situations, though in my experience it's unlikely you'd stone this on often if at all.)
80 Healing
80 Anatomy
90 Chivalry

I'd try and boost Anatomy to 100 for the Evasion bonus, and Tactics to 120 for the damage.

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the tips.

I switched things around and giving the necro warrior a shot.

120 weapon
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 Necromancy
120 spirit speak
120 bushido/parry/resist

This template is incredibly fun so far. Took down dreadhorn and the keys with ease (not that impressive). Still working out the kinks before I attempt Proxy. The downside to this template is it needs lots of supplies (pots, regs, apples, petals, etc). Upside is that it takes a lot of attention. This is especially true when I am running bushido instead of parry. I have the option to pop in resist (even spellweaving - though I don't know if word of death triggers wraith form's mana drain) The forms I am having most fun with are wraith and beast. Obviously beast form only works when I am running parry instead of bushido. And wraith form takes more skill imo due to the fact I am working bushido spells, necro spells, special moves, and consumables constantly. A real plus is summoning the dead.

Overall I think this is the warrior template for me. It incorporates the toe-to-toe aspect for the warrior AND I finally get to make use of playing an actual necromancer. I've not messed around with the masteries yet. I wonder which is going to be the most useful (weapon, necro, or bushido). And, I am still debating on if I should use mace, swords, or fencing. Any tips or suggestions for this? Macing masteries look pretty interesting.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I haven't played with the Fencing or Mace mastery, but Onslaught can be really useful when used properly.