• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warrior Challenge (Nov 2014): Lady Melisande

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Warriors,

November is here and that means it is yet again time for another Warrior Challenge. I know many of you are likely still consumed with the Doom Halloween Event. But for those of you that are looking for something else to keep you busy, here is another challenge. This month's foe is Lady Melisande. She can be found in Blighted Grove in both Trammel and Felucca. This should be another good boss in Fel for the new loot. She arrives with a pack of pesky saytrs who will put your in discordance. And then the Lady herself will slow your swing speed by a devastating -60 SSI. She is vulnerable to Fey Slayer which is not too common, but there are a few weapons and a musical instrument from the Clean-up system.

So let's giver her our all and share your stories. Here are the rules:

1) Post recent info and screenshots of your warrior battling the Warrior Challenge foe.

2) Include any info you want on your template, gear, unique tactics employed, etc.

3) Discussion and suggested improvements by other community members are welcomed.

Please also consider listing examples of the loot she gives you and your luck (including facet). By the way, these don't have to be solo attempts, but do focus this on warrior techniques, tactics, and suits/weapons. I hope to hear your epic stories of success!

-OBSIDIAN-

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have know idea where to start on this but I will give it some thought and see what I can think of.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been thinking about this today, I feel like you'd have to take a sampire (or wraith and curse weapon) to do her solo. I can get 45 SSI from gear, divine fury and the town bonus (20 jewelry, 5 cloak, 15 DF, and 5 town bonus), so you'd need 15 more on a weapon to hit 0 SSI, which is needed to swing a 2.75 speed weapon at max speed at 180 stamina. I had a daisho in mind. I'm not sure what the life leech cap on it would be at 15 SSI but I'm not sure it's enough for this.

Also troublesome is the satyr that spawns halfway through, killing it while keeping Mel from healing above 50 percent, and not dying from discord... Could honor self and use momentum strike but honor should be used at the beginning to kill the four satyrs as well.

I'll have to go test some stuff out later.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you can see in the picture, there is still 1 minute left on the keys. My uncle "Guinness Stout" was the puppet master for his greater dragon that was a meat shield. I was in wraith form, using the ironwood composite bow that Medusa drops, since it's fey slayer and has Armor Ignore, I made very short work of Lady Melisande.

120 Archery
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry
40 Necro
40 Spirit Speak.

Attachments

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Run to the other end of the "room" before satyrs attacked you. Or use Honor on yourself.

jjcappe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Pirate,

I run with a 100% fire double axe and 100% daisho (for when he ability goes off). Both have HML, HSL, and HLL.

On the suit, my resists are 71/71/72/58/78 and 190 stamina.

Template is
120 Swords, Bushido, Chiv
100 Necro, Anatomy, Tactics
60 Parry

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm going to give this a try in the next few days. I'm thinking I'll make a Kryss with hll/hml/hsl/hci to swing at cap with 180 stamina when debuffed, using ls for hci and ai when not debuffed.
Two questions:
Should I reforge hll at the expense of hml and hsl or is 50% imbued enough?
Should I try:
120 Fencing/Bushido/Chiv
110 Tactics
GM Healing
GM Resist
85 Anatomy

or

120 Fencing/Bushido/Chiv
110 Tactics
GM Healing
105 Anatomy
80 Parry

Last edited:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prrsonally like reforging to overcap one of the leeches (life or mana) and with a little luck some mana drain may get on there as well, which wouldn't hurt. Just my opinion. Resist would also be a plus.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, Parry would be nice for getting hit less and for the special move cost reduction but fighting a necro caster without resist scares me..

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm just concerned about 50 hll not being enough to keep me alive.
I'm thinking Kryss since with 180 stam I'll still be swinging at cap with -60 swing speed. I could make a double bladed staff to use when not debuffed, I've never actually tried Lady Mel before so I don't know how often the debuff goes off.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just concerned about 50 hll not being enough to keep me alive.
I'm thinking Kryss since with 180 stam I'll still be swinging at cap with -60 swing speed. I could make a double bladed staff to use when not debuffed, I've never actually tried Lady Mel before so I don't know how often the debuff goes off.
Run over to test, spin up the weapons real quick and give it a shot.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*noob alert*
I was looking at the weapon speed for the bladed staff, not double bladed staff, which I can swing at cap debuffed with +15 ssi from divine fury and reforge hll without dropping the other leeches. I'll give it a go and report back.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried today.....went with a double axe and daisho, for when the curse hits, and spammed double strike. I made it half way through before the second round of satyrs spawned. Any advice?
Use vollems, to kill the satyr that spawns when meli is 50% life

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uo.com now allows you to do a character search and I found corpse of bear on Hakuto, template as follows:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Chivalry
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
60 Parry

In this video I believe he has 100 necro as it's clear he is using vampiric embrace. Likely in the place of healing in this instance.

Last edited:

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Uo.com now allows you to do a character search and I found corpse of bear on Hakuto, template as follows:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Chivalry
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
60 Parry

In this video I believe he has 100 necro as it's clear he is using vampiric embrace. Likely in the place of healing in this instance.
This is corpse of bear's blog: http://ghostly-ghost.jugem.jp/
Google translate provides a wonky translation but some insight. He's definitely running refined armor, and does some interesting skill builds. I can't read japanese but I didn't notice any healing in the Melisande video, I think he swapped that out for Necromancy.

Here are the pertinent links for Melisande:
His template tweaks for Melisande (drop parry, bushido to 80 from 120, 100 Lumberjacking): http://ghostly-ghost.jugem.jp/?eid=28
More videos: http://ghostly-ghost.jugem.jp/?eid=25

Last edited:

booglerz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What weapons are being used, looks like fire 2h axe for nonslowed and I can't tell for slowed (something with AI). For those of you who can solo Mel, tips / tricks?

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What weapons are being used, looks like fire 2h axe for nonslowed and I can't tell for slowed (something with AI). For those of you who can solo Mel, tips / tricks?
I'd guess a hatchet for both, but maybe a double axe for double strike when not slowed.

I may have to try this soon, 50 SSI between hatchet and suit should be enough to counter the slow.