• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Warning!!!

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to let everyone know the importance of using a broker, there have been two instances that I have witnessed this week of someone getting screwed in cross shard trading after events myself included on Oil drop from Legends. So if you do not know the person use a broker unless there gonna give item or gold first. Karma will one day kick these scammers in the ass so it really does not bother me but I do not want anyone else to make the same mistakes.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes I am aware of the characters. Everyone I do still broker for free, so if you need me, I am just an ICQ away. I will vouche for Lineman if he still offers the service as well, and many other reputable brokers. Just check with me for references and their ICQ info for verification.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when necessary use a broker. there are still certain areas of the game that scammers can exploit. Please never trust anyone if they have the ability to scam you. Always, always use a broker. There are plenty around and often times dont charge anything to ensure everyone ends up happy.

Sorry to hear this @lineman

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
He tried to get me with the Tree the other day. I was pretty skeptical about it...he had the drop, he showed it to me in the trade window. But he had it on a completely noobie character. Which wouldn't be to crazy considering the die a lot trick. But this character was still in his noobie character gear...robe, wizard hat, spell book in hand. That was kind of odd to me, so when he was telling me I had to pay first I was hesitant. I asked him to use a broker and all of a sudden he didnt want to sell it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Or when talking with the player in game verify their legitimacy via icq to make sure they are someone whom is trust worthy. In the end best option is still a broker, even though is most cases a pain in the arse.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Everyone, please do not name the scammers characters. Accusations of scamming are not allowed to be posted on Stratics even when they are true. The rule exists to prevent innocent people from getting falsely accused, but unfortunately also makes it so real scamming accusations can't be posted as well. A few posts were edited/removed to remove the scammers character names.

Feel free to share the names with each other through PM if you want, it just can't be posted on the open forum.

From the Stratics RoC:

"Make accusations or publicly air disputes or grievances. Such public accusations can not be resolved on the forums and serve only to stir animosity, which negatively impacts the community as a whole."

"While you may discuss in-game problems in general terms, these should not be written in a way that makes concern(s) identifiable to any individual(s). Disputes or grievances should be taken to private channels;"

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I am aware of the characters. Everyone I do still broker for free, so if you need me, I am just an ICQ away. I will vouche for Lineman if he still offers the service as well, and many other reputable brokers. Just check with me for references and their ICQ info for verification.
Thank you Nails, yes if anyone ever needs a broker I can help if I am on. Just icq me at 459-176-283 same as Nails for free