• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WARNING TO COMMUNITY AT RARES FEST!

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just a heads up to you all. There's already people pretending to be collectors from here walking around at the rares fest grounds. I would suggest ICQing people when dealing with items before handing off any items to people in game. I've had someone going around as Shamrock (anyone who knows me knows I don't use that name outside of stratics), and I've also seen a fake Nails Warstein. Again, if there's any question on someone's authenticity... just icq them. My icq is 626 994 256; icq me before doing any deals with me in game. That is all :).

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI- I am wearing all White, my Luck Garb has my PBD on it, My sandals are AOS named and I have the guild *TT* Toad Town there. If all these things are not in place, it isn't me!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks Shamrock. I appreciate you notifying everyone. I know my impostor had the audacity to party me, claim I stole his name, and repeated it over the Rare Fest 2013 chat. Be careful!

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
From what i have seen it looks like ppl are copying toons who are known for brokering mainly in the game. I agree the best way to make sure you are dealing with the correct ppl are to either confirm ICQ #'s or PMs on these boards.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people in questions are a couple of well known morons from ATL that are attempting to scam people. These people are commonly found trolling ATL's general chat.. they have an extremely low intelligence level and, even though, they are from America.. seem to have issues with the basics of the English language.

Not hard to distinguish the fakes from the real. And of course, ICQ is key. If you don't use it.. USE IT.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much for the word of warning. Be careful everyone!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Use the password system for exchanges to make sure the person on icq and the person in game are the same and all should be just fine.

I would assume that the official brokers for the rares fest will have some appropriate garb on designating them as such as well.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Use the password system for exchanges to make sure the person on icq and the person in game are the same and all should be just fine.
I have even went to doing this on any auctions I hold here. I send them a certain password (different every time) via PM. Then ask them to include it on Q or in game. Had one person show up and purchase something another person bid and won. Doing my best to not allow that to happen again.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for the warnings. I will be bringing my main character Decadence from atlantic to the rares fest at hokuto. While doing any brokering I will be wearing my usual rares outfit, and will be carrying my one of a kind "I kill because I care necro book" I will also wear my "romanticist in Airang" Blaze lantern. My Icq is 111891022 to double check my identity.

I will not use any other character to broker anything, sell any rares on etc.

Happy and safe rares festing to all!

TheMan2010

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeh im looking just like my picture to the left.. also have a twin thats wearing grey halloweenie armor..

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wont be on anyone named Lineman either.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im going there BUT im not going to use Raistlin Nowhere for trades sooo, the person will know who i am by icq :p
so dont trust anyone claiming to be RaistlinNowhere with that name at rares fest

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a heads up to you all. There's already people pretending to be collectors from here walking around at the rares fest grounds. I would suggest ICQing people when dealing with items before handing off any items to people in game. I've had someone going around as Shamrock (anyone who knows me knows I don't use that name outside of stratics), and I've also seen a fake Nails Warstein. Again, if there's any question on someone's authenticity... just icq them. My icq is 626 994 256; icq me before doing any deals with me in game. That is all :).
Yes, and my icq is 77358221.
I had a double gating people to their demise in dungeons. One Japanese player had just bought some of my items. Of course, he died and lost them.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
I'm on my usual charcoal horse, wearing my personalized Crux Ansata sash and personalized guardsman ninja belt.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and my icq is 77358221.
I had a double gating people to their demise in dungeons. One Japanese player had just bought some of my items. Of course, he died and lost them.
The guy gating is named Pure Style..but has said he was me, do NOT go in the gate. Room full of dragons and wyrms.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Please don't enter any player gates. Make sure all items are insured. Event Staff will not make any gates. Thanks, Hokuto Event Staff.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My wife, Layna, was one of the victims. Luckily I am the money maker here on UO (lol) so she had nothing of value she lost in her death. She is bummed she lost her 3/1 jewels that she got from someone at the fest but she only has 60 magery so it was not a big deal.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
And to add to the warnings listed above you will have to get ahold of someone on the Raresfest staff if you would want to page on a matter like this. Reason i know this is that i did page and said a char was harassing by opening death gates and getting people killed. I got a reply back that they thanked me for the page but any page on a Japanese shard had to be sent in Japanese text via GM Ritta.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have asked the Lady Mesanna about it
She is currently coming to Japan
may be She did not read the my e-mail

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I will be wearing my Crux Ansata- Queen Arya Sash under my Made by Froggy Sunday best dress