• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warning on new grass tiles

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to combine old stacked grass tiles with the new tiles we got for Christmas in the chest located at West Britain bank. When I tested adding one new grass tile to a bag with a stack of old grass tiles, it added and stacked. Then I put a stack of new and old together and dropped it into the chest. The new stack only added one grass tile to the old stack and I lost the remaining new tiles.

ambrossia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something's up with the old tiles. I have an character with old grass and snow tiles still in their holiday bag. Every time I try to drop the bag into one of my chests or bank box, the tiles get dumped into my backpack instead. There's no way I can remove them from my backpack!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Careful moving them in and out of bank boxes, in the trade window, or when you're not standing in a house. Especially if you're close to max weight, close to 125 items in pack/175 in bank, or if the stack is sufficiently big (400+), I've had entire stacks disappear.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The grass tile thing is uncalled for, they made those bugs intentionally. IIRC it all started when they fixed it where they couldnt be set down or put on a pack animal...another of those "fixes" which no one understands why they did.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The grass tile thing is uncalled for, they made those bugs intentionally. IIRC it all started when they fixed it where they couldnt be set down or put on a pack animal...another of those "fixes" which no one understands why they did.
Believe it's part of making them so you can't put them above a certain height in game... guessing people were using them as some sort of exploit of something... at any rate it was dumb... and even more annoying if you are on Pacific and you drop all your grass tiles in the box and make them stack and then transfer them to Atl or where ever you go... and take all your tiles there and drop them in the box the tiles from Pac won't stack with the tiles from Atl... Now... If you transfer all your tiles from Pac without stacking them first and stack them on Atl when you get there they will stack ...... but... it costs you 100's of slots in transferring them all 1 by 1...

And if you try to "re" drop them into the container on the new shard thinking that this will "refresh" them for that shard No it won't work... so I now have 52 different stack of grass tiles which won't stack together because I stacked them all on different shards and brought them over to GLs... And I can't drop them back in the box and make them stack into the 4 piles they should be in. So much for that box helping you with stacking eh?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And yet we still have a lot of players who see nothing wrong with our programming...

I transferred some fireworks banners to atlantic from Legends to sell, and they wont go on a vendor lol. I KNOW they aren't dupes, my chars collected them all...oh well

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe it's part of making them so you can't put them above a certain height in game... guessing people were using them as some sort of exploit of something... at any rate it was dumb... and even more annoying if you are on Pacific and you drop all your grass tiles in the box and make them stack and then transfer them to Atl or where ever you go... and take all your tiles there and drop them in the box the tiles from Pac won't stack with the tiles from Atl... Now... If you transfer all your tiles from Pac without stacking them first and stack them on Atl when you get there they will stack ...... but... it costs you 100's of slots in transferring them all 1 by 1...

And if you try to "re" drop them into the container on the new shard thinking that this will "refresh" them for that shard No it won't work... so I now have 52 different stack of grass tiles which won't stack together because I stacked them all on different shards and brought them over to GLs... And I can't drop them back in the box and make them stack into the 4 piles they should be in. So much for that box helping you with stacking eh?
That is strange! I buy grass tiles on Atlantic and I have always dropped them in the box to make them stack before I transfer them to Chesapeake. The transferred grass tiles have always stacked with the ones I have on Chesapeake.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is strange! I buy grass tiles on Atlantic and I have always dropped them in the box to make them stack before I transfer them to Chesapeake. The transferred grass tiles have always stacked with the ones I have on Chesapeake.
Wish mine did... but they never do... I got tired of bringing back more piles that refused to stack so I quit doing it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the new tiles already stack why would you need to drop them in the chest to convert them?

and all the new tiles auto shoot back into your pack because you are not allowed to drop them anywhere other than in a bank or in a secure or in a house or in trade.

i don't find it overly complicated.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the new tiles already stack why would you need to drop them in the chest to convert them?

and all the new tiles auto shoot back into your pack because you are not allowed to drop them anywhere other than in a bank or in a secure or in a house or in trade.

i don't find it overly complicated.
It's not complicated at all. The old tiles stack and the new tiles stack, they just don't stack together. If you want 8 separate stacks of 4 types of grass tiles, then that's fine. I didn't want 8 stacks, so I figured out how to get the 4 new grass tiles to combine with the 4 original grass tiles.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ah, k, now i hear what your putting down.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry old thread

I just claimed 60 2016 holiday tolkens. I claimed grass snow and sand. They didn't all stack so I went to Brit bank chest to get them to stack. Dropped box in, all the sand tiles stacked but the grass and snow tiles only show 1 of each ? Where are the rest of the tiles ?can a gm fix the correct amount ...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry old thread

I just claimed 60 2016 holiday tolkens. I claimed grass snow and sand. They didn't all stack so I went to Brit bank chest to get them to stack. Dropped box in, all the sand tiles stacked but the grass and snow tiles only show 1 of each ? Where are the rest of the tiles ?can a gm fix the correct amount ...
Grass and Snow each have I believe 4 different "varieties" of them... so no they don't all stack into 1.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I have only one of each of the four types I used 20 tolkens for each the snow sand and grass I have 60 total sand and only 4 of the snow and grass I should have 60 of each but it only shows 1 of each tile type for grass and snow

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Odd... OOOOOHHHHHHH...

Could you carry that many????? Because they won't go anywhere but a box or your bag you can't have them on a beetle or anything... and they won't drop on the ground... so it's possible they poofed.

Buggy things they are.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya it was only 60 of each set so weight wasn't the issue
I think page a gm maybe they can find them ?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet we still have a lot of players who see nothing wrong with our programming...

I transferred some fireworks banners to atlantic from Legends to sell, and they wont go on a vendor lol. I KNOW they aren't dupes, my chars collected them all...oh well
I have had more than a few things get flagged as duped and unvendorable after a transfer. about half the time when I transfer a charger of the fallen that I legit bought it won't go on a vendor. Even had a transfer token I bought from the store for the return trip once get flagged when I decided to leave that acct on ATL and place a house with it.......... so I tried putting the return token on a vendor........... Ended up selling it for less than fair value because it was not vendorable.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well gm said they can't fix stackable items :(