• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warhammer Online Sees Signs of Life From Mythic Personnel Today

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to post this in the new Off-Topic forum, but it appears to be still under construction or something as there is no "New Thread" button at the top. So, I'm posting it here for lack of a more suitable location.

In case you've been looking for signs of life from Mythic personnel, you may want to check out this thread in the Warhammer Online official forums: Choose Language | BioWare Social Network. Andy Belford, one of the EA Mythic people responsible for Warhammer Online, Dark Age of Camelot, AND Ultima Online, made an interesting post about two hours ago in that thread.

Andy's post sounds so much like what we might hear for UO, I thought I'd post a link now so you can be less surprised if/when we hear basically the same spiel from Andy or someone else for UO....

I know many people think it's still business as usual for EA these days. I'm not one of them. Something is seriously wrong when an official forum for a relatively new game and that is moderated for the most part by EA employees and where your forum name is linked to your game account is allowed to fill up with so many threads expressing dissatisfaction about the company's lack of performance. As mentioned in this thread, not all that long ago, WHO had over a million subscribers and now is apparently down to maybe 30,000. It sounds like it may be dying of neglect while employees are pulled away from it to work on the next big thing (SWTOR), which might be released by "Spring 2011," whatever that means.

Anyway, don't know what it all means for UO, but thought some people might be interested in checking out that thread. Apologies again to Kiminality and Syrus for not posting this in the Off Topic forum.... Feel free to move it if you think it fits better there.

K

Kiminality

It's up to you :)
If you'd rather it be in there, then if can move there, otherwise it's just as find here.

One question.
Can you confirm it was Stratics Off Topic - Stratics Forums you were not getting the new thread button, and not UHall Off Topic - Stratics Forums ?
This is the first I've heard of there not being the button, and I'm seeing one in the first, and not the second, although mileage may vary :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see a New Thread button in the UHall Off Topic forum. Does that mean the UHall Off Topic forum is actually closed? If yes, you might want to add something to that effect in the first paragraph of the stickied post/thread at the top of the UHall Off Topic forum so silly folks like me who rarely stumble into the "off topic" forums don't wander aimlessly looking for places to post weird stuff we want to share that doesn't really belong in UHall.

And now I will wander off in search of coffee. Maybe that'll help.

:)

K

Kiminality

Ah, yes, the "Uhall OT" is closed.
The "Stratics OT" is where it's at, now.
I'll look into getting that squared away.

B

Beer_Cayse

check Stratics OT ...it ain't the NHB we had but it's open to all gamers on Stratics network. Might see some new blood there from other areas.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Warhammer board has some interesting posts on it. Apparently their producer now has some sort of responsibilty for UO. Communication to the Warhammer players looks even worse than the table scraps we get from our shrinking dev team.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I don't see a New Thread button in the UHall Off Topic forum. Does that mean the UHall Off Topic forum is actually closed? If yes, you might want to add something to that effect in the first paragraph of the stickied post/thread at the top of the UHall Off Topic forum so silly folks like me who rarely stumble into the "off topic" forums don't wander aimlessly looking for places to post weird stuff we want to share that doesn't really belong in UHall.
On 21 December--the day that UHallOT was merged to Stratics Off Topic--I posted both a sticky and an announcement in UHallOT. The sticky may be viewed here. It should be the only post in UHallOT.

F

Fayled Dhreams

On 21 December--the day that UHallOT was merged to Stratics Off Topic--I posted both a sticky and an announcement in UHallOT. The sticky may be viewed here. It should be the only post in UHallOT.
else, instead of having traffic signs pointing to a dead end ...
Uhall OT ... which no longer "exists" ... remove ALL REFERENCES TO said dead end ... wallah! No "grand opening OF "
could be "CLOSED during/ DUE TO: merge ..."

:yell:this is not uhall ot ... you cannot get there from here, there IS nO UhAlL Ot ... You are "here" bu there is no here to be ... this is a 404 of the Oce type ... you thought we ...:spider: