• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warhammer Feedback

B

Beele

Has anyone else noticed that bug reports and feedback are limited to 255 characters.

How is it possible to give meaningful bug reports (which are supposed to include all the steps to reproduce the bug) in <256 characters? For that matter, why is there no way to upload files for bug reports- image bugs require that you be looking at the image when you talk to a GM so they can pop in on your spot and witness it for themselves, but that doesn't work out so well when the bug is in an RvR area that is being contested at that moment.

As for feedback... I remember when I quit working for one of the first jobs I had as a teenager. On the form they had me fill out, there was a blank where I was allowed to give, in full detail, why I was leaving. The blank was about 3/4" long. When those kinds of limits are imposed, it begins to feel as if your feedback isn't really desired. Brevity may be the soul of wit, but it rarely leads to a meaningful exchange of ideas.

Other than that, I am spoiled coming from EQ2. With EQ2, each player had a room/house that was rented on a weekly basis, and came with 2-6 private vault slots that could be anywhere from 4-36 spots in size (depending on the size of boxes you put in them). In addition, the "bank" had 8 more private vault slots (again, 4-36 spots in size) and 4 slots that were shared between all toons on the same account (originally, you couldn't share between good and evil toons, but that limitation was removed later). This made passing materials, especially crafting materials which could be numerous, much more efficient. Given all the crafting I have been doing, I would kill for that ability right now. A good substitute for that would be permitting the mailing of more than one item at a time- 20 seconds minimum between mails when I have 20 different types of seeds to move between toons is incredibly annoying. I would much rather take the time to fly to a bank if I can't mail at least 4-5 of those at a time.

Just a couple of thoughts for this Sunday afternoon.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it's obvious this game was half assed and pushed out way too soon.

My biggest complaints:

1.)They stole the stacking code from UO apparently. IE it sucks and is buggy as hell.

2.)1 Message every 20 seconds?!!! With a 1 item limit!!!? Are you people daft or just stupid?

3.)The starting scenario for the elves is just plain ridiculous.

4.)Destruction is stronger on even levels.

5.)Can we do something about the gold selling spammers? I mean, comon it's the same websites over and over. Just have a script search the send logs for them and auto ban.

G

Gohl

1) Stacking: It looks like some items have the same name and description, but are not identical. I had that happening with talismongery stuff. The products differed though.

2) Mail time limit: Down to 5 seconds for sending letters. Great for handmade mail. The 1 item per letter limit is still active though.

3) Elf vs. Elf scenario: Ummm. Never seen it. It does open as often as the Dwarf vs. Greenskin ones: once a decade, and I must have missed it.

4) Destro is stronger: Slot a potion or two. It really helps - until your opponent does the same. Then we're back to step one. Or most of them already quaff potions and win thus?

5) GS/PL spam: Quick report is available now. We still have to manually copy the name though. There is room for improvement.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My biggest complaint right now is that on low population servers its a 2 or 3 day wait for some scenarios. It pretty much destroys any reason to be on a low pop server. I would rather wait in a que for 30min to get on a high population server then wait 2 or 3 days for a scenario que.

To bad, because I was really trying to help spread the population out, but it just isn't worth it.

B

Beele

On Sea of Claws, the wait for a scenario (at least T1/T2) is about 30 min or less as long as it is before midnight my time- for empire only. Dwarf/Elf, I have been lucky to get 2 runs in 4 days.

They seem to have changed it now so as soon as you are marked for RvR, you are ALSO queued up for a Scenario, whether you want to be or not. If you refuse and click that you want to be de-queued, you are RE-queued. And if you say you want to queue up for the dwarf or elf scenarios, frequently I have been doing the happy dance when the scenario requestor pops up to ask me if I want to join, only to find out that it is for the empire scenario that I don't want.

Interesting... feature?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beele, you sure you were not in a party that was qued for scenario. That might explain what you were seeing with the re-que

B

Beele

Quite sure. I am solo more than 90% of the time. When I am in a group and I get queued because the leader decided to queue us, I get a notice. It is only happening when I am RvR-enabled, however. I was online today and didn't get a single notice until I signed up, but wasn't RvR-enabled at all today. Tomorrow, I will go RvR-enabled and see how many times I have to "de-queue which really means re-queue" in the interest of my own personal pique.

G

Grymbolt

My biggest complaint is contacting CSR's. You cannot contact except for spammer, name violation or harassament issues. Case in point. Every major patch results in every character disappearing from login that was not make in the first week of launch. Cannot contact anyone--only file bug report. Last time is took 2 days for them to reappear. No contact, no feedback from Mythic--is extremely frustrating.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grymbolt... EU or NA client? Just curious, because i haven't seen this yet myself.