• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[War] The Invasion

B

Bruin

Light began to shine through the window and land on Saugus' face. Slowly he began to wake up, his body still massively aching. A healer soon walks in to change the bandage on his shoulder. He sat down at his table, and began to recall the events surrounding the invasion. What had originally hatched as a masterful plan to defeat the enemies on their home turf, turned into a nightmare.

The early spoils of war were good. Small skirmishes broke out, our enemies were unprepared and we were able score some early victories. But somehow they learned of our plans for the invasion, as they were prepared. And once their warriors were called up to action, we lost our element of surprise, our edge.

The officers soon enter the room and sit down with Saugus. Vortex, Lady Ji, and Toth. "The three of us couldn't sleep last night Saugus, we kept going over the battle moment by moment, trying to figure out what went wrong," Vortex said. Saugus nodded, "What say you?" Toth spoke up, "We didn't have them outnumbered as we originally thought we would. It seems they were able to call up their troops faster than we had thought. Our equipment was sub-par, and all the training was for naught as once we hit the battlefield, our troops scattered. Their bolas were extremely effective."

"What must we do to make sure this never happens again?" Saugus said frustratingly. "Three things," said Lady Ji. "Training. Better equipment. And given time, better combat experience. With those, we will become a better fighting force."

"Agreed," said Saugus. "Now you must excuse me, as I must give our report to the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor, they will not be pleased." "Would you have us come with you," asked Vortex. "Nay, this was my responsibility, and I must be the one to answer for it."

As Saugus walked over towards the leadership, he could not stop the pictures from appearing in his head of the dead strewn all across the desert battlefield. Not in his wildest dreams could he have imagined that they would have lost the battle this badly.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thank you for the continuing coverage. looks like good times.

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Fights, Y'all have Moxie and your getting better, keep it up :)