• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[WAR Official News] A Heartbroken Farewell

WAR Stratics

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran

On March 29th, 2013 Mythic Entertainment will be shutting down all online services associated with Play 4 Free Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes (WOH).

If you’d like more information about the shutdown of Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes, please read the online FAQs.

My Thoughts – James Casey, Producer

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes
Launched in Beta just over a year ago, the free-to-play battle arena version of Warhammer Online was a grand experiment. We were able to test new server technology, learn more about the free-to-play market, and engage in endless quick, down and dirty, three-way battles any time of day or night. On all of these fronts, we were able to make great inroads and insights and deliver a fast and frenetic game.
As a producer for this game from the start, I am proud of the hard work and effort that made the game possible and I feel sad that it is not able to carry on. I think we created something special and I would not trade the time creating it or playing it (on all those Friday Fight Fests and anonymously almost every day) for anything.
I hope that those who have played it at any time in the past will stick through to the end, enjoy the special pricing so you can try out everything before it goes, and try out a few of the special things that were still in our pipeline.

Final Words

Whether you just tried it out or have played it from the start of Beta, we thank you all for your patronage. I hope you will all join us and celebrate the final moments of WOH. See you online!

Continue reading...