• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wanted to Buy - Gwenno's Harp

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking to buy a few Gwenno's Harps.

Man it is really tough to find a vendor selling Bard Instruments :)

Anywho if you have a few that you can part with .....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Part of the problem is that item just got named as one of the trade-in items for next publish (and others have been speculating it would be for over a week).

As a result, minor artifact sellers have been cleaned out across the shard. I was gone all weekend to a fairly depressing Science Fiction con (the main guest, Robert Asprin, DIED on the way to the con, of a heart attack, the day before - so the three main guests (he and two friends) weren't there), and when I came back, I read the FoF, and looked and saw my marti vendor was empty.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part of the problem is that item just got named as one of the trade-in items for next publish (and others have been speculating it would be for over a week).

As a result, minor artifact sellers have been cleaned out across the shard. I was gone all weekend to a fairly depressing Science Fiction con (the main guest, Robert Asprin, DIED on the way to the con, of a heart attack, the day before - so the three main guests (he and two friends) weren't there), and when I came back, I read the FoF, and looked and saw my marti vendor was empty.
Sad to hear of the Death. I am a big SciFi Fan and have been for a long time.

Ok, I understand the problem, I guess I am going to try to figure out how to get those things or at least a Dragon Slayer Instrument for the Peacemaking Bonus.

I liked the show your Avatar is from. I felt they could have done a lot more with it, but still it was entertaining. I liked how they did the Clowns :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The funny thing is that the avatar is a scan of a toy I got at a convention - it's a Wind-up Chode (just think of the implications for comedy, there....)

I've also got the original short the series was based on - that was definitely NC-17 from the language and the fact that Six strips (among other things). Poor Darth Bobo....

"Never underestimate the power of a dark clown..."

Oh, BTW, I'll rummage through my instruments at home and put some of my unused superslayer instruments on what was my minor artifact vendor SE of Yew Cemetary, Trammel. I figure they'll be in more demand, now that people will be hoarding Gwenno's and Iolo's.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also got the original short the series was based on - that was definitely NC-17 from the language and the fact that Six strips (among other things). Poor Darth Bobo....

"Never underestimate the power of a dark clown..."
What is the name of the short? I would probably like to watch that if it were available through Netflix.

Sounds like it may be more of what I thought was lacking or a sell out of the series. Not the strip thing per se but the toning it down. All those characters struck me as wanting to be more of what they were but were being restrained.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it was a thing that was on the net YEARS before the series - but because the series creator made it on the computer used at work for another animated series (it was either Family Guy or King of the Hill - can't remember which) there was an ownership battle that tied it up for years.

T

T_Amon_from_work

it was a thing that was on the net YEARS before the series - but because the series creator made it on the computer used at work for another animated series (it was either Family Guy or King of the Hill - can't remember which) there was an ownership battle that tied it up for years.
Copyright ... by using the company computer to develop anything not for the company falls into the basic copyright law of who owns it. Company resources used without compensation makes it company property by default.

I had something similar that I had done for the company I worked for at the time. After the division was dissolved and I had taken care of all the customer handoffs to the new support firm, I was given free rights to the code I had used the company systems for. My first introduction into copyright laws ... hadda sign papers making the use by them and me totally legal on both sides. <shrug>

D

Desolation87

I know this is startics so on-topic posts arn't strictly allowed, but about the harp. Who the hell would trade that in? They would have to give alot of points for me to trade one in.

A guildie wanted a captain quacklebushes cutlass (or whatever its called) so I dusted of my T-hunter and we done a load of level 6s. We done 50 in all and ended up with 7 Gwenos Harps and 2 Lolos lutes. So maybe give that a try! (No cutlass btw! ;) )

E

Evilminion

*looks very embarrassed* I'm pretty sure I'm the one who cleaned out your vendor, Basara. I did a massive shopping run as soon as I saw the trade-in announcement... and even then, I was too late for any vendor with holiday stuff, heh. No cheap Valentine's cards for me! I did score a mess of marties, though. And so many fishing nets that I had to make multiple trips. (I HATE trying to drag those things... every one of 'em is a pixel hunt waiting to happen... :p)

Off-topic, I'm very bummed to hear about Robert Aspirin. *lifts a glass in memory*

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well as long as you bring that Instrument up ....

Can anyone explain what the heck goes on with this Instrument?

It list itself as recharging something but I can not see any thing it has charges off .....

So by inference, I assume it is referring to its remaining uses. On TC1 you are given one of these things and I used it and as far as I can see it doesn't recharge the uses or if it does it is at a very slow rate or I am not doing something I need to do.

Any insight here would be grateful.

A

Azazel of LA

Flute of Renewal - This item has one of the following random super slayer mods: Arachnid, Demon, Elemental, Repond, Reptile or Undead. This item has 300 charges total, and replenishes 1 charge per *in game* day.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flute of Renewal - This item has one of the following random super slayer mods: Arachnid, Demon, Elemental, Repond, Reptile or Undead. This item has 300 charges total, and replenishes 1 charge per *in game* day.
Ok Boss, I am gonna be right on it. I know exactly were they are and will pick all the Dragon/Reptile ones up. I can easily rotate them around and let them recharge.

I would only use them vs Greater Dragons anyway as I can make Exceptional Instruments that give me a 10% bonus (vs the 15% bonus of the Dragon/Reptile) and anything less than a Greater Dragon is mostly Over Powered with the 10% Bonus anyway or at least it sure does seem that way.