• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to come back to uo after 6 years away worth it?

• Thread starter Ethereal_Corpse
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Ethereal_Corpse

I have not played any online game since uo . I quit 6 years ago. I still have my account. But when i quit i deleted all my guys. I still have vet rewards to pick.

I just want to know how the player base is now? And where everyone hangs out?

I just dont want to come back and a year later uo shuts down.

Thanks ec

K

KoolAidAddict

I always get a kick with these type posts.
I could say yes, come get some!!
I could say no, stay away, it has its ups and downs.
All in all, the decision on if its "worth" it is up to you.
Been here pert near daily since Oct 97, and I find it well worth it.
I still find plenty to keep me entertained.

But....since you asked.....yes its worth it.
Since youve been away for 6 years, you will find it entirely changed, and more than enough to keep you busy for a long time to come!!
Make sure to get with someone, or someone's to get you up to speed in todays game, so as to help you from making old school char mistakes.
If your gonna be on atlantic, be glad to assist!!
(yes i do realize you posted in the atlantic forum)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Has the game changed that much since 2006? Not really. PvM is more or less the same old same old. (We had peerless bosses in 06, right?)

PvP is the same too, but with more speedhacking.

But it's UO. You either like UO, or you don't.

If it were me, I would come back. But I cannot speak for you. Something made you leave in the first place...only you know if you can deal with that same something better now than you did then.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all welcome back :)

The powderdrinkman is totally right, there is still plenty people on Atlantic , loads to do , especially since you going to be starting over and you returned at the right time (new expansion looming)

Make sure you read the welcome sticky, it has lots of info in it.

And then go exploring :)

give me a hollar if you need with anything

S

Saris

Also the EM program is back if you quit years ago thats news, no major expansions since mondains, but alot of changes. I don't think UO will ever just up and die, by my calc, its a good little money farm for EA, populations is somewhat stable or it seems atm.

A new exp is in the works but still no real news about when, oh and why on earth did you delete your chars, ouch

If you stay, welcome back :D

R

Ravahan

rtl

Well, I just came back myself recently from a two year or more hiatus, and I've been enjoying myself. I say, throw $12.99 at it and find out! If you like it, great, keep your account active.. If not, turn it off.

Being gone 6 years... You left before Age of Shadows, correct? If so, you'll find that the game is completely changed. If you experienced Age of Shadows, its still changed an overwealming amount, but its not a totally different game. The point is, its fun. If your PC can run it, I'd say give the KR client a ride and see how you like it. Mine, unfortunatly, will not.

C

Capricious

Try it for a month and see if you like it. Really, no one here can tell -you- if it's worth it. I'm having an absolute blast myself.

K

KinG DaviD

if you are coming back...i would suggest maybe obtaining an account thats advanced. Could save you alot of traing time so you could get right into the action...I may know of someone who could help yah with that :) or you could purchase an advance charachter token at www.uogamecodes.com
well worth it in my opinion...especially if its a tamer or any otehr skill thats a royal pain to train.....hey!!...?? Im a poet and i didnt know it!! hehe

E

Ethereal_Corpse

I deleted my guys because i was starting a new job and getting married. And it was the only way to break away from uo.

Even tough i loved the game alot then.

Well i took the dive back into uo on atlantic.

I't took me forever to find a spellbook some lady was nice enough to give me one. I paid her back when i got enough gold to.

So far i'm having a blast training skills and trying to find out where the new hang out spots are.

It was strange alot of people where at new haven bank when i created my guy.

Was pretty full.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree pretty much with everything that was said. Exept most people who saw how intensely I roleplayed apologised to me for being rusty, there seems to me only one EM and she has been denied an expansion event on her tome of love thread... to me this is clearly not enough to handle such a huge player base whom are just waiting for any real mystery to roleplay.

But still it's fun training, I was a young player so I was crazy enough to go into the third level of deceit to try whacking a liche, and it killed me in ont hit (some things have changed it seems) and I almost lost all my stuff because I lost the young status while fighting it, without warning.

The gms came quickly but finally a great courageous lady helped me get everything back probably seconds before my body and all the rares which had been generously given to me vanished.

So far incredible journeys ! I'd say it's worth it, but we'll see if they manage to keep my game alive with the introduction of something truely magnitudinal...

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's nothing like UO. Rich lore, deep history, a ton of items to obsess over.
I find myself spending more time on the forums and obsessing over which gorget to buy than acutally playing. But I'm not complaining... I actually enjoy looking at all the combos of gear, all the creative templates of skills, and all the quests I'm thinking of tackling.

Plus new expansion soon! **rubs hands eagerly**

Start up and turn in those vet rewards for soulstones. muhahah!