• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to come back but not sure.

E

ExUoPlayer24

I started playing ultima online back in 98. Started on the napa valley server. I quit in 2005.

Started playing world of warcraft in 2007. Still playing but i miss uo.

My main concern is i left because the player base on napa valley was dead. And it is now 2008 has it got worse?

No game has ever came close to uo thats why i miss it so much.

Also what is the highest populated shard?

Thanks A.Z
ExUoPlayer24 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic for the crowds, Napa for the easy life. IMO.

(Population is about the same as when you left -- we can still fill Luna bank on a good night.)

S

Sunrise

yeap. thats about it.

Now it depends on what you want to do tho. There are tons of active guilds out there. also if you just want to solo it now is the time to do it too. The shard is going fine.

I say come back and give it a try. hey what do U have to lose but 14 days. :D

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Napa's population has been steady for a few years, but still not like it was back in the day when you couldn't take a step near brit bank without bumping into someone, likely a pack snooping thief.

Been waiting for Darkfall to come out, sources say it's Beta starts in October.

TheOneEyedJack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I've actually signed up for the Beta, who knows what will happen with that. I hear UO had a major influence int he making of darkfall online, definitely something to keep an eye on.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i signed up for Beta when they announced it at the end of August. Oldschool UO definately influenced it, most of the devs are ex UO players. Can easily see it in the inventory system, as well as the Free For All PvP and Full Loot system.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ExUo, it might be a good time to come back with the new events coming soon in publish 56 (big patches are called 'publishes' in UO, as you may recall). Should be fun stuff. The next expansion (Stygian Abyss) is being worked on now as well. Link: http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/

T

talween

You can pretty well pick the guild you want, depending on whither you pvp or pvm. there are almost 600 guilds in napa, quite a few are only one or two people with a name of their own, but some are really active.

K-D is recruiting, although there are books out there that make us pretty upset, saying K-D is full, just look at some of the guild titles, go to the guild list on uo and look them up.

Best not to just jump in, most guilds will allow you some time to check them out.