• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to cancel my account

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am trying to cancel my account. I know my password, but EA is trying to send a verification code to an email that I no longer have access to. It's a gmail account that I just haven't used in a very long time, do not remember the password to, and seemingly a lost cause through all of google's recovery options. Any advice on how I can make this happen short of going to my bank to block the charge?

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
delete your card from account management
and from Origin
But they can't get into the account because of the two-factor authentication.

You can try contacting support. You might need to call them.
Do you perhaps have an old device that would still be logged in to that gmail?

shootgun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are OK with losing your account permanently, do a charge-back with your bank. This will cancel your account, but it will also get it banned permanently.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I am trying to cancel my account. I know my password, but EA is trying to send a verification code to an email that I no longer have access to.
The 2fa is managed through the main EA account options, you'll need to work through their support.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am trying to cancel my account. I know my password, but EA is trying to send a verification code to an email that I no longer have access to. It's a gmail account that I just haven't used in a very long time, do not remember the password to, and seemingly a lost cause through all of google's recovery options. Any advice on how I can make this happen short of going to my bank to block the charge?
You should be able to directly block it using your credit card/bank providers website or at a minimum by contacting them.

otherwise it’s a call to customer support. I’m not sure which is worse

mihali

Sage
I'm pretty sure if you block the charge, that may mean reverse charge by uo, that is a sure way of banning you from ever coming back. But you can simply change the card number, get a new card like its a good idea anyway. So they will have your old and non-working number. So when billing time happens, the bill will bounce then, no money withdrawn, and you account will then close shortly, your logon will show you that there is a problem and you will not be able to log, and house will get to IDOC state shortly (-3 months? not sure).

So: If you were on a 6 month credit card pay out to them, I doubt that you will get any of the ?63 $ back. Same for the 3 months. This is why I say just get a different card, tell your credit card company that your credit card is compromised, or just ask them to just kill/cancel it and give you a new one. They will send you a new one in 2-3 days most of the time. Problem solved, no more belly-aching and you are absolved of this ordeal of trying to find the old email from umteen + 1/2 years ago.
GL to you..

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You could order a new card from your bank too. The next time they try to charge you it would bounce. That way you're not ruining an account you could recover later potentially. You could also email Messana about getting help. She helped me recover my account years ago. The UO.com website says it's managed by EA Customer Portal now though. So mileage may vary.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm pretty sure if you block the charge, that may mean reverse charge by uo, that is a sure way of banning you from ever coming back. But you can simply change the card number, get a new card like its a good idea anyway. So they will have your old and non-working number. So when billing time happens, the bill will bounce then, no money withdrawn, and you account will then close shortly, your logon will show you that there is a problem and you will not be able to log, and house will get to IDOC state shortly (-3 months? not sure).

So: If you were on a 6 month credit card pay out to them, I doubt that you will get any of the ?63 $ back. Same for the 3 months. This is why I say just get a different card, tell your credit card company that your credit card is compromised, or just ask them to just kill/cancel it and give you a new one. They will send you a new one in 2-3 days most of the time. Problem solved, no more belly-aching and you are absolved of this ordeal of trying to find the old email from umteen + 1/2 years ago.
GL to you..
I haven’t had this issue, the transaction just doesn’t go through.
No need to request a new card