• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is VvV dead on Sundays, or is it dead all the time these days?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think ever since my guild took ownership of the shard, everyone's been afraid to VvV.

Last week I killed Freja and I saw Lyssa but she just ran off.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I was with my grandkids the whole sunday so I was burned out, I will be back dying next sunday, but I will do my best to fight :p

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Critical, your guild taking ownership of the shard is like a squatter taking ownership of a collapsing foreclosed home. I mean that with respect. Hehehe

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure every person on this shard is afraid of us, given that usually everyone is in full panic mode when we come on screen. That's what I meant by ownership. I can literally do whatever I want on this shard with no consequences.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sure every person on this shard is afraid of us, given that usually everyone is in full panic mode when we come on screen. That's what I meant by ownership. I can literally do whatever I want on this shard with no consequences.
Well... to be fair, this can be said about any pvper who isn't a complete goof attacking any pvmer... It's been run or die for a long, long, long time. Pvm guilds haven't had protector characters since like circa aos launch.

The game really is not designed for pvmers to be able to competently defend in pvp. The templates and items are just too different.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was almost 100% sure it was solely VvV arties that were causing that disconnect between PvMers and PvPers. My world has been turned upside down.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The game really is not designed for pvmers to be able to competently defend in pvp. The templates and items are just too different.
What is it that make the templates so much different? the need for high luck with cost of other mods?
I know I sucks when it comes to PvM as I still try to PvM on same template as I use for PvP and hate using a luck suit as I have to give up other mods as PvP is a risk everywhere.

I was almost 100% sure it was solely VvV arties that were causing that disconnect between PvMers and PvPers. My world has been turned upside down.
If we got PvP artifacts for VvV only, it would be a problem for the non VvV PvM'ers who try to fight back , however we do have a lot players on Siege who do not try to fight. I don't think VvV artifacts would make a diff for them as a PK with low skills and cheap gear can kill them easy. Maybe VvV items would help Siege get more anti PK's to protect the farmers as the anti PK's could be VvV and still green to their guild/alliance. vs Factions, VvV can be in same guild as non VvV. Maybe the GIL VvV'ers would be more willing to risk their gear, if it was easier to replace.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... to be fair, this can be said about any pvper who isn't a complete goof attacking any pvmer... It's been run or die for a long, long, long time. Pvm guilds haven't had protector characters since like circa aos launch.

Very True

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is it that make the templates so much different? the need for high luck with cost of other mods?
I know I sucks when it comes to PvM as I still try to PvM on same template as I use for PvP and hate using a luck suit as I have to give up other mods as PvP is a risk everywhere.
Well some pvp templates are alright for pvm, others taming, barding, stuff like that are more or less useless in pvp. Other skills like the casting skills require pvp practice to be good, and pvmers don't get that practice, etc. As for gear, Luck is an issue, and weapons tend to have mods that you don't want for pvp.