• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV - what a kick in the sack

WhatNowAnotherNerf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When will the whining of the 2 percent be ignored to benefit the community as a whole. I have paid this company for 17 years and the endless inept changes made to benefit a few whining PVPers never stops. Shame on the development team once again.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why you are posting in this forum. Your probably have a valid issue with UO at the moment. However, posting it on the Chesapeake forum is, basically, off-topic. I encourage you to go to UHall, or if there is a thread on the topic in the Test Center forum, and repost your idea with some more explanations. Don't forget to include a solution to the issue so other players will have something to discuss as well!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Speranza is 100% correct, best place for this is UHall. To be honest, I am also wondering about the account, not even one day old. I will be watching this thread...

:eyes:

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seriously a bunch of whining pvpers?....a theif can steal a sig and hide for the whole 20 minutes and win a town in an system that was supposed to promote PvP and its the PvPers ruining it for the trammies that want deco for their houses? What crack are you smoking? The whole idea was to get more PvP into fel. And god forbid you kill a theif...general chat blows up with cries of hacking and cheating cause you tracked them....But yea its the whining pvpers that complain that ruined VvV

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
seriously a bunch of whining pvpers?....a theif can steal a sig and hide for the whole 20 minutes and win a town in an system that was supposed to promote PvP and its the PvPers ruining it for the trammies that want deco for their houses? What crack are you smoking? The whole idea was to get more PvP into fel. And god forbid you kill a theif...general chat blows up with cries of hacking and cheating cause you tracked them....But yea its the whining pvpers that complain that ruined VvV
Easy solution to that, they can just make it so you need 2 people to take over a city, they have to be in a party, only one can have stealing, and if the thief's "guard" dies the thief gets revealed.

WhatNowAnotherNerf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When will the whining of the 2 percent be ignored to benefit the community as a whole. I have paid this company for 17 years and the endless inept changes made to benefit a few whining PVPers never stops. Shame on the development team once again.
Thank you for your input... I have played for 17 years and never felt it necessary to chime in until this most recent patch. For future reference I will post to U- Hall as mentioned and I am very glad to see that the development team has decided to address the concerns of the many that were negatively impacted by the recent update. Best regards and Happy VvV to all.... even the non adaptive Pvper's :)

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm going to guess you are a thief or stealther, and are complaining about changes bc you could hide and not be revealed and rack up points. This is a bit counter productive for a PvP associated added event into the game, don't you think? I don't like how the points were dropped from 1500 to 40 for capturing a town, but if that's how they stop stealthers and non-PvP associated members from leeching the system, it is fine with me. Bc realistically true pvpers will fight over nothing or very little. I understand it takes a little incentive for some people who are on the fence about pvping to actually get out there and do it... But stealthing around, not being involved, and going afk when someone else besides them is in the town to grief them and make them stop doing it... Not so much.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should have been left the same with point and such and just made it so you can't stealth if holding a sigil..that alleviates all the issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should have been left the same with point and such and just made it so you can't stealth if holding a sigil..that alleviates all the issues

Ok, but only if you can't use your main offensive skill when people have the sigil as well. :violin: Stealthing is a thief's offense and defense.

You know, you used to be able to stealth the sigil in Factions, so it's only fair that stealthers can now. If only there was some way you could reveal them.... hmm....

PvP is not just swords and magic. There are many other types of PvP, stealing is one of them, in fact player venders is market PvP. I almost feel that you (a general you) have gotten spoiled on champ spawn PvP and have forgotten the ways of the past. Remember traps that killed people? Stealing at banks? Disarm theives? Heck Animal Taming used to be quality PvP. I for one am happy there is now another aspect of PvP even to just this small system.

Don't ask to change a system because it's not the way "you" play the game.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, but only if you can't use your main offensive skill when people have the sigil as well. :violin: Stealthing is a thief's offense and defense.

You know, you used to be able to stealth the sigil in Factions, so it's only fair that stealthers can now. If only there was some way you could reveal them.... hmm....

PvP is not just swords and magic. There are many other types of PvP, stealing is one of them, in fact player venders is market PvP. I almost feel that you (a general you) have gotten spoiled on champ spawn PvP and have forgotten the ways of the past. Remember traps that killed people? Stealing at banks? Disarm theives? Heck Animal Taming used to be quality PvP. I for one am happy there is now another aspect of PvP even to just this small system.

Don't ask to change a system because it's not the way "you" play the game.
No stealthing is Definetly not a thiefs offense or defense..it's whatever u want it to be. You can make a thief with chivalry and bandages with a high dex output for archery and remove the bow to steal..there are TONS of options to make hard to kill thieves and killing machines without stealth..that's quite wrong. I don't make a mage with begging and forensic and ask them to make those skills powerful. I'm asking to cater to the majority rather than the minority..if you can't stealth around with the sigil you WILL adapt..like I've said I prefer not to play a sneaky thief, I much rather prefer a thief that can kill. I'm not saying you or anyone else has to. But it's like your saying ok well if you don't like my template change yours, but I won't change mine..there has to be a happy medium to keep everyone happy, just sometimes it takes a little thinking outside the box

Stealth is being used as a crutch..it's farrrr useful to make a template like this
100 stealing
80 detect
90 healing
100 anatomy
90 tactics
120 swords
100 poisoning
40 focus
You can disarm a warrior steal his bandages para shot a mage, disrupt his spells run and heal and use potions all while still detecting the sigils, stealing them, being able to survive with a little practice..and heck even get a kill or two. You want to be able to do everything in the shadows with no repercussions, which is fine. But it's the reason no one is playing it as its gets abused to farm silver and rewards by the few..

Last edited: