• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV Fun!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Fix Leaderboards!
- Add Dyes comparable to Turn In dyes
- Fix the battle readiness (250 points for 1 tick makes no sense)...think about it..I'm sure you did though :/ and how do you even check it honestly
- Put upcoming battle and time maybe in the guild menu..
- Add a kill counter in and out of cities (showscore, punkte)

..I'd personally like to see the K/D/A that's used on test center but I digress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
- Fix Leaderboards!
- Add Dyes comparable to Turn In dyes
- Fix the battle readiness (250 points for 1 tick makes no sense)...think about it..I'm sure you did though :/ and how do you even check it honestly
- Put upcoming battle and time maybe in the guild menu..
- Add a kill counter in and out of cities (showscore, punkte)

..I'd personally like to see the K/D/A that's used on test center but I digress.

Yeah, their leaderboard is a similar disaster much like the first attempt at revamping factions and the bases.

VVV is about PVP, not thieves or how many sigils or platforms you stand on.

I recall they wanted to add points for stealth and healing.

Then they couldn't figure out why the pvp crowd were upset and they subsequently scrapped the whole thing.

I am in favor of the points system we had before, 1 kill is 1 point.

If be okay with the K/D/A though too, as long it didn't display the rest of
It like test center.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, their leaderboard is a similar disaster much like the first attempt at revamping factions and the bases.

VVV is about PVP, not thieves or how many sigils or platforms you stand on.

I recall they wanted to add points for stealth and healing.

Then they couldn't figure out why the pvp crowd were upset and they subsequently scrapped the whole thing.

I am in favor of the points system we had before, 1 kill is 1 point.

If be okay with the K/D/A though too, as long it didn't display the rest of
It like test center.
The one thing I think would be beneficial to the K/D counter is making kills only count once per 2 hours. To avoid the res kill aspect of things.

Network

Visitor
How about removing guards during a battle?

Getting guard whacked trying to reveal stealthers with conflags is beyond stupid.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The one thing I think would be beneficial to the K/D counter is making kills only count once per 2 hours. To avoid the res kill aspect of things.

The way it was handled previously you had to kill 5 other people before itd count that person again.

The negative limit for scoring was -5.

I think this system would be fine, and the code already exists but i admit I don't know how hard it'd be to combine into VVV terms.

Regardless, the board needs wiped and adjusted to score k/d/a.

They should probably consider wiping it clean once or twice a year.

They could hand out some sort of personalized trophy for the top 3 people.

And titles for the top guild(s).

PVP has always been about bragging rights, and the way they have it currently, it doesn't capture that.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played on a free shard years back that had a Kill/Death/Assist/Friendly List..if you killed someone on your own isp(dual client) or someone in your guild. You wouldn't get kill points you'd get friendly kill points. You could view players kill and death screen that showed the last 10 you killed and last 10 you died to, and kills only counted every hour, so it was pointless reskilling to farm points like on test.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
K/D/A/F-K = much better. I never have been a fan of killing my own or friends characters just to cap out justice for spawns, it would be even better for systems that kept track of this from a leader-board perspective. +1, I like.

There's no Leader-boards.... What we have right now is a joke it hasn't been reset since you could gain 200+ points per second just sitting in an uncontested VvV town waiting for the timer to expire... a PvP system that rewards people for NOT pvping.. it's unbelievable.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
K/D/A/F-K = much better. I never have been a fan of killing my own or friends characters just to cap out justice for spawns, it would be even better for systems that kept track of this from a leader-board perspective. +1, I like.

There's no Leader-boards.... What we have right now is a joke it hasn't been reset since you could gain 200+ points per second just sitting in an uncontested VvV town waiting for the timer to expire... a PvP system that rewards people for NOT pvping.. it's unbelievable.
Gaining justice should include alternate methods to raising it.

Hell, give VVV players justice for x amount of kills, say 1 dot for 5 kills?

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding more cities to the mix would be nice. Vesper, Nujel'm, Serpents Hold, Cove and Buc's Den would make for some more diversity during VVV battles.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding more cities to the mix would be nice. Vesper, Nujel'm, Serpents Hold, Cove and Buc's Den would make for some more diversity during VVV battles.
I guess he/she wants everybody on his/her shard to have their own VvV city all to themselves.

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess he/she wants everybody on his/her shard to have their own VvV city all to themselves.
Because having more then what we have to fight in is bad?...I don't understand your logic...if only 1 town is still active for the battle what's the difference?....it's not like adding bucs or serps would make moonglow or minoc completly disappear...just give us more places to fight

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because having more then what we have to fight in is bad?...I don't understand your logic...if only 1 town is still active for the battle what's the difference?....it's not like adding bucs or serps would make moonglow or minoc completly disappear...just give us more places to fight
Like anybody is doing this but yet you want more town added so more will go unused, right.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly it doesn't matter if there 2 or 40...it's the same outcome. City is VvV you go or you don't. The real problem is the convoluted ways of finding the active cities. Logging out and in and searching through the journal. That's where it becomes redundant and stupid.