• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV - Can't recall to my boat

Lucky Luke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started doing the fisher quests you can get from the sea emporium and i am enjoying that. Now and then i recall to my boat but whenever VvV is active in the city where my boat is docked at, i can't recall to it :( Dropping fish off at the house, getting fish at house to fill the crate, ...

Why not just do the quests in trammel? Because i love doing it in felucca! I'm even considering becoming a pirate! And you get double horned leather from any sea serpents!

Just give me a warning or whatever that i'm entering VvV area, but let that be my choice! Let me recall to my boat sigh :(

(On another note. I was using the old legacy boats untill today and it can sometimes be really hard to dock in a good spot and unboard using the plank... I had to resort to teleport to get off the boat ...)

T

Tazar

(On another note. I was using the old legacy boats untill today and it can sometimes be really hard to dock in a good spot and unboard using the plank... I had to resort to teleport to get off the boat ...)
The older boats are very easy to get off of... unless you have the "always run" option checked - or you are running (mouse far from you). Just turn off always run and put the mouse close to your character when you walk the plank and it will move you onto the land.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started doing the fisher quests you can get from the sea emporium and i am enjoying that. Now and then i recall to my boat but whenever VvV is active in the city where my boat is docked at, i can't recall to it :( Dropping fish off at the house, getting fish at house to fill the crate, ...

Why not just do the quests in trammel? Because i love doing it in felucca! I'm even considering becoming a pirate! And you get double horned leather from any sea serpents!

Just give me a warning or whatever that i'm entering VvV area, but let that be my choice! Let me recall to my boat sigh :(

Don't forget you can't use teleport spell to get off the boat if you're delivering a merchant's crate! (Ran into that very problem using a dinky boat to get across to Skara Brae a few days back and the plank wouldn't quite line up with the shore. Had to maneuver back to the dock.)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The older boats are very easy to get off of... unless you have the "always run" option checked - or you are running (mouse far from you). Just turn off always run and put the mouse close to your character when you walk the plank and it will move you onto the land.

Took me years to figure that out. Many still haven't. Best way I've come to explain it is this: You can't "run" off of a boat, you must "walk" off of it.

To the OP. You can usually find a spot near any town to dock which is out of the combat zone.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How about taking a short cut? There is a map on stratics called the server line map. All you have to do is be in the server area and you can gate to the dock where you need to be. The only ones you cant gate to is the fish market and Paupa