• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV Bug?

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So, I was wondering why and how (on Atlantic) certain people had 23,766,790 VvV points with 7 kills, 403 deaths, 6 assists, 0 returned/stole sigils and 0 disarmed traps. I was wondering how it was possible and why there are about 20+ names that match this description. My guildmates said it was for bragging rights but I could not believe they would waste that much time for nothing. Anyways, with some investigating and mana spikes I found out there are about a handful of accounts scripting towns. They recall right outside of the town, step inside and invis themselves. They do not claim altars. They just sit in the towns. I was really confused until I realized I was getting half the points for any action in a town that some other guild did. When an altar was captured I got 50 points. When someone killed someone I got 10. I got a lot of points when someone returned a sigil. These actions were not by people in my guild either. So, these stealthers have been running journal scripts to recall into towns and hide. While hidden they have been farming the points that we active players actually earn. Then they sell a crap ton worth of VvV items. They're probably making billions off supernovas by selling them to players who actually did the work.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Devs tried to make it so that people who didn't do well during VvV encounters still received some benefit so they could maintain their gear and mounts. Obviously us UO players are fantastic at finding ways to abuse the systems they put in place and that is exactly what has happened. For your reference:

Person claiming alters and sigils along with their guildes receive 100 VvV points.
Allies and non-allies receive 50 VvV points from the person claiming alter and sigils.
Kills are halved as well though you don't get nearly the amount of VvV points for kills either way.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So, I was wondering why and how (on Atlantic) certain people had 23,766,790 VvV points with 7 kills, 403 deaths, 6 assists, 0 returned/stole sigils and 0 disarmed traps.
Some times of the bay, noone may be doing VvV and you can get point and Silver easy as you do not have to fight for it. If you are not a great PvP'ers, you may very well die alot more than you kill if someone show up.
On Siege I have 9.406.290 point, 72 kill, 328 deaths, 26 assist and 1 sigel
The points was because I was hanging out in town and claiming alters to make silver for banners.
The Kills, I did earn them. The deaths was because I stayed and fighted, when someone tried to claim my alter. I do my best to PvP, but I'm still female and 61 years, so I die way more than I kill. The sigel, I did loot from a sweet Sigel thief I killed.
Now I do feel it is wrong, I still show points that is more than a year old, or at least let the leaderboard also show points for the last month, as some of the one on the Siege list had not logged into the shard for 6 months or more

I was wondering how it was possible and why there are about 20+ names that match this description. My guildmates said it was for bragging rights but I could not believe they would waste that much time for nothing. Anyways, with some investigating and mana spikes I found out there are about a handful of accounts scripting towns. They recall right outside of the town, step inside and invis themselves. They do not claim altars.
They do not get any point if hidden or death, they have to be visible and I guess someone found them se they do have lots of deaths or they just sucks as PvP'er like me.

They just sit in the towns. I was really confused until I realized I was getting half the points for any action in a town that some other guild did. When an altar was captured I got 50 points. When someone killed someone I got 10. I got a lot of points when someone returned a sigil. These actions were not by people in my guild either. So, these stealthers have been running journal scripts to recall into towns and hide.
If your alliance claim an alter or turn in a sigel, yes you get 50 silver. If you claim the alter or turn in the sigel and other not allied are in the town, you get 50 silver extra for claiming the alter for each other non allied guild in town.
Again, hidding VvV'ers do not count. The 10.000 point you get for being alone in a town until your blue bar are filled is for being visible, if you hide, your bar won't move and you get no point!

While hidden they have been farming the points that we active players actually earn. Then they sell a crap ton worth of VvV items. They're probably making billions off supernovas by selling them to players who actually did the work.
Only way to get silver while hidden and not claiming alter or turning in sigel is if other of your guild or your alliance are claiming alters or turning in sigel or killing someone

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Some times of the bay, noone may be doing VvV and you can get point and Silver easy as you do not have to fight for it. If you are not a great PvP'ers, you may very well die alot more than you kill if someone show up.
On Siege I have 9.406.290 point, 72 kill, 328 deaths, 26 assist and 1 sigel
The points was because I was hanging out in town and claiming alters to make silver for banners.
The Kills, I did earn them. The deaths was because I stayed and fighted, when someone tried to claim my alter. I do my best to PvP, but I'm still female and 61 years, so I die way more than I kill. The sigel, I did loot from a sweet Sigel thief I killed.
Now I do feel it is wrong, I still show points that is more than a year old, or at least let the leaderboard also show points for the last month, as some of the one on the Siege list had not logged into the shard for 6 months or more

They do not get any point if hidden or death, they have to be visible and I guess someone found them se they do have lots of deaths or they just sucks as PvP'er like me.

If your alliance claim an alter or turn in a sigel, yes you get 50 silver. If you claim the alter or turn in the sigel and other not allied are in the town, you get 50 silver extra for claiming the alter for each other non allied guild in town.
Again, hidding VvV'ers do not count. The 10.000 point you get for being alone in a town until your blue bar are filled is for being visible, if you hide, your bar won't move and you get no point!

Only way to get silver while hidden and not claiming alter or turning in sigel is if other of your guild or your alliance are claiming alters or turning in sigel or killing someone

I think you need to do some more research Freja. You may not acquire blue points on the little menu for being hidden but you are still acquiring silver points. I was hidden and opening the silver trader and my points kept going up every time someone claimed an altar.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think you need to do some more research Freja. You may not acquire blue points on the little menu for being hidden but you are still acquiring silver points. I was hidden and opening the silver trader and my points kept going up every time someone claimed an altar.
And these people are just getting points because they're scripting just to recall right outside of the town, step one tile into town, and hide there while everyone earns them points. They simply have trial accounts that do this (you can see all the names on the leaderboards) and farm probably supernova kegs and pardons.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Only in it is claimed of a guild member or a alliance member as far I know

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And these people are just getting points because they're scripting just to recall right outside of the town, step one tile into town, and hide there while everyone earns them points. They simply have trial accounts that do this (you can see all the names on the leaderboards) and farm probably supernova kegs and pardons.
If they have one of their accounts being visible and doing alters, other account will get point and silver, even when hiding, I can see that is bad. Not sure how to fix it without ruining it for the ones who do not cheat

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you get silver for just being in town. I don't think it has to be your guild capturing the altars.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All I'm saying Freja is I did some testing and found out what these scripters are exploiting. I was hidden. A random guild captured an altar. I received 50 points. They are just afk scripting to go into towns relying on other people to farm themselves points.

I was hidden. A random guild captured an altar. I received 50 points.

this translates to.

People write journal scripts to read what town and then recall to the town and hide so they can do this completely afk.
We active players (NOT IN THE AFK PERSON'S GUILD) actually do the town and compete occasionally and farm points.
The scripters are benefitting off the points just by being hidden in a random corner of the town.

They acquire points by not even doing the town just being their afk, hidden, and scripting to move from town to town.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And you 100% sure, that guild was not in alliance with your guild?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
vvv for me is the same old joke. we don't need vvv, its just an exploit for many
-people just killing their/or friends vvv guy for kills, points and possibly justice. just look at guys with lots of points but no kills and no sigil or anything.
- people leave vvv guy all night/day long for points in towns
- no freakin reds. things should be more fair for reds ect...
- non vvv get lots murder counts for defending their champ while blue vvv can just eat another royal pardon. should be one time use
- when doing pvm with vvv people u will turn orange, accidently attacking other people in your group. everyone not in your guild is enemy. this is a great way to piss off a lot of non vvv people.
I could go on but why, my best pvp was when there was no vvv/factions. I never needed a reason/advantage to fight. loved reds vs blues and blues vs reds. its called vice vs virtue but the is false, its u/guild vs everyone else. there is less pvp due to vvv in my opinion. there are some things I like about vvv but it has destroyed the fun I had. just my opinion

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
vvv for me is the same old joke. we don't need vvv, its just an exploit for many
Some will always exploit stuff but I still like VvV. Your post is a little twisted, it seem like you don't do VvV. You more sounds like an old noto PK, who don't want to go orange for attacking VvV, and can't find red to attack. I could be wrong.

-people just killing their/or friends vvv guy for kills, points and possibly justice. just look at guys with lots of points but no kills and no sigil or anything.

All will know, they are not PvP'ers, only problem I have with them is they block the list on leader board, so the ones who do play VvV as it was meant too, don't have any chance to get on the list. The list need to be reset once a month.

I don't know how to fix this, without ruin it for others

We are losing reds on Siege too. It's harder to be red in VvV town battles, there is a problem with the blue NPC's and there need red healers. Also we may need a kind of anti Virtue as reds can't use the Virtue system

- non vvv get lots murder counts for defending their champ while blue vvv can just eat another royal pardon. should be one time use
If defending vs VvV, non VvV do not get murderer count, they only go orange. The VvV defending their camp vs non VvV do take murderer count so it's all fine with Royal Pardon. They are easy to get. Are Roýal Pardon tagged VvV? If not, all can use them, so should not be hard to get them on an other char and give them to your red or buy them.

- when doing pvm with vvv people u will turn orange, accidently attacking other people in your group. everyone not in your guild is enemy. this is a great way to piss off a lot of non vvv people.
I guess that only happen in Felucca, where you already can be attacked. One way is to get the whole group in same alliance

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some will always exploit stuff but I still like VvV. Your post is a little twisted, it seem like you don't do VvV. You more sounds like an old noto PK, who don't want to go orange for attacking VvV, and can't find red to attack. I could be wrong.

All will know, they are not PvP'ers, only problem I have with them is they block the list on leader board, so the ones who do play VvV as it was meant too, don't have any chance to get on the list. The list need to be reset once a month.

I don't know how to fix this, without ruin it for others

We are losing reds on Siege too. It's harder to be red in VvV town battles, there is a problem with the blue NPC's and there need red healers. Also we may need a kind of anti Virtue as reds can't use the Virtue system

If defending vs VvV, non VvV do not get murderer count, they only go orange. The VvV defending their camp vs non VvV do take murderer count so it's all fine with Royal Pardon. They are easy to get. Are Roýal Pardon tagged VvV? If not, all can use them, so should not be hard to get them on an other char and give them to your red or buy them.

I guess that only happen in Felucca, where you already can be attacked. One way is to get the whole group in same alliance
I always thought there ought to be an anti-virtue system as well as Fel Town sort of system perhaps tied to VvV... Ruling a town and such ought to give the winning side a chance to enact some sort of town buff just like in Tram.

Not that I really care about PvP but I don't like to see it cheated either or left behind.

Problem is no matter what they do every system is fraught with cheats and exploits... remember when bounties were cheated and people would get big bounties and have their friends kill them and split the reward... Same with Factions also exploited. That's both part of the beauty of UO and it's fault is that there just is so very many ways of looking at things and doing them... that someone eventually ruins it for everyone.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
An easy fix for this exploiting of VvV points is just to only allow the guild that claimed/killed/ and stole the sigil to get points. There is no point for other people to get half the points for not winning. The only point it was put in so people could still keep up their gear. It's a dead system. Anyone can go farm 5 altars to re-obtain their crimmy at any time. If there is someone there just come back at another time.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
An easy fix for this exploiting of VvV points is just to only allow the guild that claimed/killed/ and stole the sigil to get points. There is no point for other people to get half the points for not winning
There is a point in it, I may be in town with a guild mate and maybe 2 allies, fighting some not in our alliance. One are standing on the alter, the other 3 try to keep enemies of the alter. All 4 work for that alter, so they should all have point and silver.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a point in it, I may be in town with a guild mate and maybe 2 allies, fighting some not in our alliance. One are standing on the alter, the other 3 try to keep enemies of the alter. All 4 work for that alter, so they should all have point and silver.
You seem to be missing the point entirely. A guild is claiming an altar, and an enemy guild is getting points for it. What you are describing is not what Aroz is saying.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You seem to be missing the point entirely. A guild is claiming an altar, and an enemy guild is getting points for it. What you are describing is not what Aroz is saying.
I agree an enemy guild should not have points but he said "only allow the guild that claimed/killed/ and stole the sigil to get points", he left out alliance.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That seemed to be implied to me. The entire post wasn't about preventing allied guilds from getting points, it was about preventing opposing enemy guilds.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I understand, I will test it later, if non guild/alliance get points, it sure seem as a bug

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You right, seem like they changed something. I did not get 50 extra silver for my alter with a non guild/alliance in town but she got 50 silver for just being there. That do not seem right. If we had been fighting over the alter, it would had been ok.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about with you. Please understand that diluting threads like this will make it less likely that a dev will pay attention to it and it makes it very cumbersome for the person reporting to have to keep validating their claim. I'm going to request that you take the effort to do the research and properly test the mechanics before you begin posting several times in a thread about it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know, and in this case, you are right :p
I should had tested it before starting to post

Last edited:

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Update on this : The scripting stealthers have implemented a sacred journey sub in their script and sacred journey away with atleast 2 fast cast or more whenever they get revealed or attacked. Nearly impossible to kill them or prevent them from recalling, one has had 120 resist. Threw a poison field and conflag and went for weaken disrupt and couldn't disrupt the fast sacred journey. Will someone tag Kyronis or something?

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Since we're all on the subject of the ******* from the WAR guild, that's who we're talking about btw, one jackass who multiclients on three accounts in nearly every city. If you don't see WAR up on the VvV board, there's a good chance he's afk/semi-afk in Fel Hythloth training dragons or vollems on Daemons. It's a lot of fun PKing him there and a good chance to loot the crap artis that drop there off his corpse for clean up points. I encourage ya'll to go grief him there. He's the main abuser of the VvV system on Atl. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Excuse me....
gender has nothing to do with it...
:lick:
Hmmm, think winning is way more important for males, so I may not put so much energi in template and gear as they do :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yep, that's all he has replied with since the 17th, and he hasn't posted since the 20th anyway.
But
Kyronix was last seen: Today at 7:42 AM
Kyronix did read this thread.
Mesanna was last seen: Wednesday at 5:47 PM

So they had not forgot us :p