• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Voting Where You Live

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As much as I would like to take credit for this idea I can't, its not mine but that of a well known and well respected player from LS. During a conversation after the recent elections she stated "Its so Simple, Just Code the Game so that you can only Vote Where You Live" Meaning to vote on a Shard you must have a House placed there. Established Residents so to speak. This makes perfect sense to me, I know of no where that a people that doesn't live in a Land have voting rights there. I certainly would'nt expect someone from California to be able to vote in Texas. Why would anyone be allowed to Vote on a Shard they don't live on? If you don't live on the Shard you have Zero vested interests there and no given right to Vote there.
IMHO this is a perfect fix and though I am no Dev. I don't think its would be that hard to Code.

I welcome all feedback on this topic and thank you for your time

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have developed characters and play on 15 shards, and have substantial interest on 4 of those shards.

"less interest" would probably be a better word than "zero interest"