• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Voter Fraud in New Magincia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brittiania is run by a king and if he wanted someone to run his cities he would just appoint, there would be no votes.
Actually, no. While there is a King with supreme authority over the realm you have to understand that fiction wise Blackthorn was very close with many of the Earth natives who have visited/lived/ruled Britannia. He is surounded by books from Earth and Earth history. Not to mention the shattered nationstates that onces battled eachother in the dark times before Britannia united them all. He is very keenly aware of the Tyranny of Kings.

While he understands that Britannia needs a King and always has had a King he also doesn't trust anyone else with the throne. He isn't a tyrant he WANTS the people to have a voice, but also acknowledges that sometimes the people can be misled by popular opinion or a charismatic figure. Which is why he maintains the throne.

The governors are a way to maintain the appearance and function of a represenative democracy, while allowing the control and direct decision making that a monarchy provides. Voting is important.

In the case of this particular election, the decision was made above my head and is way out of my sphere of decision making. (This is why it says in the Governor information that the King is made up of 3 to 4 different aspects or people) This wasn't my decision to make, and to be honest, knowing how much grey area, drama and far reaching implications ANY decision would/will have. I don't know what side I would have come down on, I really dont. This isn't and wasnt an easy call, despite the tempers and black and white views of most involved. It affects much more than just Atlantic, it affects the entire game as a whole.

Taweret and I are now left with the difficult job of forcing an 'out of character' decision into an 'in character' environment. And honestly, I still don't know how it's going to work.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im pretty sure that 75 pecent of the votes Nails was supposed to get came from people on different shards as well, should that be allowed? They arent even actual citizens of the town on that shard. I don't think its even feasible to make where it won't be exploited in one way or the other. Personally I think 6 months is way too long for someone to control that as well. I don't even get involved with it anymore. The buff shouldn't even be controlled by the governer anyway as far I am concerned. Without the buff im pretty sure the scams would stop.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im pretty sure that 75 pecent of the votes Nails was supposed to get came from people on different shards as well, should that be allowed? They arent even actual citizens of the town on that shard. I don't think its even feasible to make where it won't be exploited in one way or the other. Personally I think 6 months is way too long for someone to control that as well. I don't even get involved with it anymore. The buff shouldn't even be controlled by the governer anyway as far I am concerned. Without the buff im pretty sure the scams would stop.
Not the point DC, and pure speculation on the percentages. If the plate-mail boot was on your foot, you would be just as upset!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if Buccaneer's Den and Ocllo have Governors? Would be cool to see Umbra and Luna introduced to the Governor system, or have a Good vs Evil system implemented to them.
Personally, i think it fits RP wise to have the Governor be what the city is most well known for. For example, the Moonglow Governor should be a Mage, the Jhelom Governor should be a Warrior, the Trinsic Governor should be a Paladin, Skara Brae Governor should be a Tamer, Britain Governor should be a Bard, etc.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We were told a while ago that Luna and Umbra would never have governors since the king only rules Trammel, not Malas, but if they could somehow add a Good vs Evil system for Malas that would be awesome, maybe they could somehow work it into the new Virtue vs. Vice system as well.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luna isn't a city or town, it is a trading atoll.

Im pretty sure that Nujelm, Malas, Ter-Mur, Ilshnear (not 100% on this one), anything in Tokuno and Felucca are not a part of the Kingdom of Britannia.

T

Tazar

Luna isn't a city or town, it is a trading atoll.

Im pretty sure that Nujelm, Malas, Ter-Mur, Ilshnear (not 100% on this one), anything in Tokuno and Felucca are not a part of the Kingdom of Britannia.
Nice to see you finally confirm the independence of Falling Waters Fortress. *grins*

Status
Not open for further replies.