• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Vote Escaflowne for Lord Protector!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I feel it best to represent myself properly here due to the biased nature of reports against me and the slander i am receiving from other candidates! It is because they fear me! They fear my propositions of freedom! They fear change!

My Introduction
[Escaflowne]: People of Sosaria!

For those of you who don't know me, My name is Escaflowne
Also known as the bearman
Or the catman
For those of you who do know me you will know that i am a polite and reasonable man. Fynn talks about Experience; that i can safely say i have. For three years i lead the armies of the Republic of Vesper into battle. I know how to make the tough choices. I know how to form battle plans and tactics. And i know how to lead troops. For a year after that I was Chancellor and overall political leader of the Republic, So when it comes to the politics side of the position, I also have experience within that department. Now i know alot of people will shout about me being a citizen of Vesper, and the wars we have had with the Kingdom. But i ask you not to be so quick to Judge. I come to you not as a citizen of Vesper today, but an honest man. Throughout my campaign i will try to open your eyes and sway you from all this hatred towards myself and Vesper...

You want someone to unify the kingdom? Vesper and the Kingdom have not been united for over ten years; What better chance than to have someone like me who knows Vesper and has the attention of its people to bring them back in unity with the Kingdom?

We are not the bad people alot of folks make us out to be...

I look forward to speaking more throughout my campaign, So please I simply ask of you to come and listen to what i have to say, And give me a chance

Vote for Escaflowne!
Chaos and Lord Blackthorn

Most of you already know that i am a keen follower of the principle of chaos and strive to follow in the footsteps of the late Lord Blackthorn, founder of Chaos.

Definition of Chaos - The defense of one's freedom of belief, individuality and difference.
The people must know that they have a choice! They do not have to follow the virtues, they do not have to be sheep, they do not have to be subjected to the tyranny of the Kingdom and order whom utilize the virtues as a form of control.
I vow to defend your freedom, your freedom of choice and your freedom to believe what your want; for our differences and individuality define us.

Campaign Speech At Castle Blackthorn

Now i would love to read a lovely prepared speech word for word, But i prefer to go with the flow and just go off notes.
Do you know whoms castle courtyard we stand in here today?
Tis the Castle of the mighty Blackthorn!

Many folk beleive Blackthorn was an evil man and that the principle of chaos is all about death, murder and crime. Well i can assure you it is not and i hope by explaining it now, you will come to understand it better, understand Vesper better and our way of life, for so many discriminate against us without knowing the facts.

Lord Blackthorn was corrupted yes, by Exodus a being of immense evil but before that he was a great man; Lord British's closest friend and advisor. It was he who created the principle of Chaos, which does NOT stand for crime! The true definition of Chaos is the defense of peoples freedom of beleif and individuality. See Blackthorn wanted to grant people the freedom to choose wether to beleive in British's Virtue. I follow this principle of Chaos, and wish to follow in the footsteps of Blackthorn and his teachings, for when Blackthorn perished chaos fell silent upon the kingdom and it was Vesper that took it up.

People say Vesper and the Kingdom will never work together, I say that is non sense. The Kingdom is already taking a step in the direction of our life with public free elections which we have hosted for many years. So we are not very different as you can see. If Lord Blackthorn and British were close friends! Played Chess together! Debated Philosophy! Yet they were so different. Then why can Vesper and the Kingdom not be friends? There isn't a good one besides the old wives tales and hatred created over so many years.
A vote for me will be a step in reversing this and uniting the two once more. Vesper HAS worked hand in hand with the Kingdom before, we have aided one another, such as the great nests scenario where all armies rallied together to fight against the great nests and we won. This is proof we can work together, and proof that i can bring the two together just like i did back then.

Some people may question my military capabilities, my ability to act but I can assure you i have fought many wars in my time. Be it against the Kingdom, the two wars against the Ophidians, Civil wars, ears against Drow; the list goes on. I will be more than capable to share my experience with the united armies of Britannia if you were to vote me to lead them.And most if not all of those wars i fought ended up in Victory or a stalemate.

The hard choices i have no problem in making but even in Chaos there is order or we would all be animals wouldn't we. I pride myself in trying my hardest to keep a balance between the Iron Fist and the Reasonable Man; I have never been a tyrant and never will, but if something needs to be done, i will get it done. If the lands come under seige I will lead the armies into battle with an Iron Fist and crush any that oppose our great nations, but at the same time try to understand other intelligent races and such. Just because they are different does not make them the enemy; Lord Blackthorn taught this in his book "On the Diversity of our Land".
Whilst making the tough choice and crushing other races may be whats needed sometimes, the gain from peace and the sharing of technology and culture can be of greater benefit in some cases. Our friendship with the Gargoyals proves this.

I wish to see a rise of the Principle of Chaos within the Kingdom again
More freedom
Should people be told what to think?
Should people be told what to beleive in?!
Should you be slaves?!
No you shouldn't!
A vote for me is a vote for Change!
A vote for me is a vote for more Freedom!
And a vote for me is a vote for Victory ALWAYS on the battlefield or the political halls!
I thank you for listening.

Questions

Jessica - If as you say follow Lord Blackthorns philosiphy like you say then what say you to this?
Thou shalt confess to thy crime and suffer its just punishment, or thou shalt be put to death
I completely agree. Should criminals not answer for their crimes? Or take their punishment? THIS SHOWS I am the man to get things done! Not to hestitate, not to beat around the bush. If criminals are not willing to take their punishment then they make their choice. Of course there will be investigations to prove their innocence or guilt; just like there always has been in Vesper, I am accustomed to this with the amount of trials we've had.

Iljian - I think motht know that Blackthorn had political ideath about freedom and that he meant well. But everywhere that it wath actually DONE, it ended in chaoth, war and crime. Vethper more than thome. How can you thtill hang on to what never worked before?

Whilst Blackthorn was around did the Kingdom end up in ruin? Because he preached it then and spread it, no it did not
Did Vesper fall to ruin? No it did not, it has stayed strong for over 10 years. But tell me this Iljian, do the virtues actually work? When they oppress people, when they force themselves upon others, turn them into slaves making them follow them. It takes two to tango; in the order and Chaos wars Order was just as much to blame, so don't be too quick to judge and place the blame so easily upon chaos.

Heimlich - With all your talk of war and victory can we assume that you would rather deal with the problems as they become a real threat rather than use preventative measures beforehand?
Of course preventative measures would be used, I don't doubt for a second that any candidate here today would not use them were they to win. If i can save lives then i will and always will choose that over pointless war.

Aron Swordsmaster - My question is this; Sir, you give a good speech, but do ye also know how to be quiet? Fair or not, ye must admit that Chaos is a controversial philisophy, and the fall of it's founder still a painful wound? Do ye know how to be Protector and not preacher?

Order and the Virtues are also controversial policies, it depends how and who looks at them. And to answer your preacher question, this is the first time i have ever given the preacher role a try to be quite honest with you. You know my experience and background from my introductory speech. I lead a grand army for 3 years at its helm and served in it for 4 years before that. I have a proven track record of military tactics, strategy and prowlness on the battlefield. And what is the Lord Protectors main duty? To lead the military and I have the experience to do that.
I want nothing more than for all our great nations, states, whatever you want to call them; to be united to tackle far greater evils. For if we stand apart we will fall one by one. We cannot leave eachother in the dark because yer turn will come if yer do. Armies of evil spread like the plague.

In a war between demons and Sosaria we are in danger of losing one of our cities (as we did Magincia) As Protector you have a choice between 2 paths.

1. A group of innocent citizens are about to be eliminated by the Demons, by diverting your forces you may save their lives but will subsequently lose the city.

2. Alternatively you can sacrifice the citizens and by destroying the demons stronghold be victorious and win the war.

There are NO other alternatives an immediate choice is necessary, as Lord Protector which path do you take?.
*Reads the Question and rubs chin*

Option 2 without a doubt! The hard truth is that sacrifices have to be made in times of war and there will always be collateral damage. Some may call me emotionless for this but those that beleive it not to be true are only fooling themselves with false pretenses of a peaceful land filled with rainbows; the world can be a cruel place.

By destroying the Demon stronghold and winning the war it will prevent future loss of life and in doing so only the lives of a few have been lost to save the lives of many. Sacrifice for the greater good as it were.

This is but a mere example of the tough choices that need to be made as Lord Protector.

Vote Escaflowne!

Who (and maybe what) do the candidates believe they would be 'protecting', what do they consider there is a need to 'protect' against, and how will this 'protection' be provided?
Well i beleive we would be protecting the united nations of humanity and all that they stand for; their populace, their culture and years of history of grand civilisations of man and elf alike.

There is a need to protect all of this from threats internal and external. Such as armies of evil undead, demons and any other darkness that threatens to engulf the land. Wars with other advanced and intelligent races such as orcs, ratmen, ophidians who threaten to conquer the realms of man. Last but not least internal civil wars which need to be prevented and stopped should they arise to cease damage to our nations and not leave us in a vulnerable state to the threats mentioned above.

This protection would be provided politically with strong policies and the works of councils/advisors to keep the peace diplomatically or with the Iron Fist of the united armies of our nations to crush any opponents.

A citizen of Sosaria is alleged to have committed a crime (let us say murder) in one of the rebel territories. He then left and returned to Britain. As Lord Protector you are told of the allegation. What action could or should you take, if any?.
All criminals must pay the price for their crimes and accept their punishment or face death! I absolutely agree with your comment on jurisdiction. The criminal must be charged under the laws of the lands in which he commited the murder or crime for any other case. In this case he would have to be detained and deported back to this rebel territory and face trial there under their laws; and under the terms that representitives from Britain or wherever the criminal may come from oversee the trial to ensure that it is done fairly.

Should the murder have been a death on the battlefield though by soldiers from two warring nations then the punishment should not lay with the soldier who commited the killing; he would have just been doing his duty and acting under orders. The responsbility would be that of the commanding officer and if anyone were to be trialed for it, it would be them and their punishment to take.

I feel this answer does not fill the requirements see -

'Sosarians would be unhappy if one of their number was dragged off to an independancy for an alleged crime where Sosaria could not guarantee a fair trial. No mechanics for extradition exist and are unlikely to ever be as this would entail recognition of a rebel rule. An even greater degree of diplomacy?.'

I agree that in normal cirumstances what you suggest is the norm but here we have abnormal problems. Sosaria does not recognise the rebels so would certainly not be willing to hand over a citizen. One reason being that they would be UNABLE to ensure a fair trial. If the trial was deemed to be unfair there would be no way to enforce a reversal OTHER than a military one. Another reason is that a tacit admission of the legality of the rebel territories would be implied by any agreement.

Let us not foget too that the citizen is only accused of a crime making it even less likely he would be given up to any Justice but that of the Royal Courts. The charge could be false, would any land offer up one of its citizens to a foreign justice in these circumstances?. I think not, here lies the dilemma, whilst everyone would like justice nobody is likely to compromise.

The answers to this question may well lie outside the remit of a Lord Protector but fine words about Justice and Diplomacy are within the speeches.

Congrats to the two candidates who have attempted a reply, as I said I have no answers, only all the obstacles.
Hrmmm a good debate indeed my friend.

This is why i stated that representitives from the kingdom would watch over the trial to make sure it was a fair one, and if it wasn't then as you say perhaps military action would be needed to retrieve the accused.

After reading your response and giving it some thought i beleive the main issue here is the Kingdoms failure to acknowledge the legality of independant states which would cause the problems. Are the lands not big enough to have seperate nations independant from the kingdom? Is it not possible for these nations to be allied with the kingdom and work together as friends?

The Kingdom fails to acknowledge these clearly functional independant states such as Vesper and wishes to control the whole realm and force everyone to follow the Kingdoms way of life and it's culture. Many times the Kingdom has invaded and used military means to try and accomplish this. This is nothing short of Tyranny and Power hungry! Trying to control everything and everyone, enslave people to the virtues and force folk to bow down to the soveriegnty.

People should be free to choose the way of life they want to live, they should be able to choose if they want to follow the virtues, they should be able to choose if they want to live in the kingdom or a different independant state! I have no problem with the Kingdom and their way of life, I DO have a problem however with it trying to force its will upon others and consume the entire land! I just want people to have the freedom of choice and freedom of beleif! Such is the Principle of Chaos!

Tigurius - As Lord Protector, if elected, what will you do to combat the GIANT sodding turkeys outside my home? and many others?

Slaughter them humanely and put a turkey on everyones dinner table. Even the poor people across the lands so everyone gains a good mean from it.

Phineas - what if it is discovered it was our actions that caused this mutation?
Then prevention measures will be taken to ensure it doesnt happen again until mages of the greatest calibre have studying the cause and mutation fully then perhaps if it is safe, it can be used in controlled environments. Bigger turkeys feed more people than normal sized ones so it could become a benefit.

Michael - why do we need a lord protector and why should we vote for any of them to be it?
A lord protector is needed to unite the nations military forces to deal with threats both external and domestic.
If vast armies of evil were to plague the realm once more we would stand stronger together than apart and also if internally we have civil wars then we would be left in a vulnerable position.
So a lord protector would be put in place to keep the peace between all of us too and i believe you should vote for me because i have military and political experience.
I bring something different to the table such as the teachings of Lord Blackthron and the principle of Chaos. Plus I wear a bear mask.

Leadership Test

The other night the lands came under siege from three threats: Savages rallying armies in their camps, demons attacking the ethereal fortress Reg Valom and Dragons flying over the sea about to siege Minoc from the North.
There was alot of confusion as all leaders tried to out shine each other and all lead at once, but my reasoning in how to deal with the situation was as follows.

Minoc was the immediate threat and as such our forces be deployed there to defend, the reasons being:
  • That the force of dragons were nearly at their target and we only had a short time to set up a suitable defense.
  • We must protect our own first before others, whilst i am not afraid to admit i did mistake Reg Valom for the ilshenar gargoyal city the same theory still applies. The ethreal warriors are not part of the Kingdom or realm of man and elf. Always defend your own realm and race first.
  • Minoc is a very important asset to the our lands for its great production weild of raw metals from mount kendall. Were it to fall then it would be a devastating blow to the kingdoms/united states resources and thus leave us in a weakened state.
After we had defended Minoc then my plan would of been to aid the Ethereal warriors, they are a very strong race and Reg Valom is heavily fortified so im sure they would of been able to hold off the attack anyway.

The savages were still only rallying their armies and thus not an immediate threat, there was time to take care of the two above more urgent matters before they started to march upon us.

My contigent of forces that followed me to defend Minoc were successful and fought with great skill. I received slander from other candidates over not joining their event channel of communication, i do not regret this and nor would i do it any differently. I made the tactical decision to stay in the general chat channel so as not to leave anyone behind in the dark and to recruit more fighters to the cause, which worked a treat as more turnt up to Minoc after i had communicated to them.

Campaigning

*Various pictures of campaigning throughout the lands*

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't help but notice the shot of you gloating over the corpse of your opponent Alaster..how do you explain this?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can assure you it was not gloating, Alaster is not the enemy, the dragons were, i actually came along to heal him but the dragons bite was too hard; i was helping him up not celebrating his fall *smiles*

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would vote for you if I still played Esca. But I see there is still the favourism from EMs towards RPers, its great for the RP community sad for the other players on Europa. But there is always the other shards for them.

Good luck with the election, atleast you didnt have to ask for Campaign money :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Esca... will get my votes...i like the effort/time he as put in during many years on our beloved europa.....bring it on....

Has for EM Events..they petty well suck... events are about taking part...each person taking part should get a memento if they see a quest through... the stupid 1 in 10 drop shat is just so 1999/2000...it just encourages out of shard players to come in and bag the goodies for resale!!!!.....alas back then then really did openly take the p***

C

CheesePlant

Great post, the bear with the shield definitely gets my vote!

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't vote for a bear !

Didn't you know bears eat childrens ??

Vote for a sane candidate, vote alaster ! pants for everyone !!

(Free pants for the 100 first voters - This advertising is not contractual - do not throw on public way)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alastar steals pants from the poor starving children of Sosaria! This is fact! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?! :D

K

Kayne

Can vouch that Alaster has never stolen a childs pants. He has stolen pants from men and women but never from children.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can vouch that Alaster has never stolen a childs pants. He has stolen pants from men and women but never from children.

And has, on occasion, tried to steal pants that aren't there ;)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I beg to differ! But this still shows that Alastar is a thief!!! And molests unsuspecting victims judging by Callieachs comment! :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I beg to differ! But this still shows that Alastar is a thief!!! And molests unsuspecting victims judging by Callieachs comment! :D
Last time someone decided I'd be an 'unsuspecting victim', it was a decision that, on reflection, they rather regretted making :p

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
News just in!

Alaster has been spotted breaking into peoples homes, punching their Nan's in the face, boiling their goldfish and farting on their cereal!

Is this who you want as lord protector?!

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello yer lot!

Since I still wasn't made Lard Reflector, I herewith announce my retirement as such! It's yer own fault, and yer surely will live to regret this.

So, to make things worse, I am with the pants man. I didn't have a change of underpants in 12 years, and from what I smell around me, I am not the only one. So the more pants the merrier. The last bear I met got a bit too friendly, and my poor squirrel is still confused by the encounter.

Now, I am off to Shame and lie in the mud.

Yers crusty
Scrumpy Jack