• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

vorpal bunnies

Xoos

Journeyman
I hate the pay to play aspect of the game. I will admit, I have used it ONCE, and only ONCE, attempting to skill up characters from and ANCIENT account.
But, easy is not the easiest thing to do without the SUCCESS RATE of 100 %, available in the UO Store for approx 10 bucks.
View attachment 142225

If you would, with your most crafted Imbuer, show you "Success Rate" without using this tool. Please make it a piece with ALL the other items you would add to it. NOT easy without tool.

I mean no disrespect here, just looking for yourself, or anyone else too post the "Success Rate" without this tool.

Thanks, be safe.

Hazel of LS
Some folks are happy to craft max luck suits. Can always purchase from us ;). I make 6 piece medable luck suits with max resist and always one 3 over max to account for minax sandals, with 100 lrc and 40lmc. 150 mil on Legends. Vendor also sells 190 shields with sc and fc penalty removed, the store jewels and talismans.

Just added 3 shields and two new suits today, one with 3 extra poison and one with 3 extra energy. Pop on by and buy me out so I can make more!

I also accept trades in the form of bulk materials or random things that you can't get on Legends. Bring me 1000 taint and 200 ilshenar ranger hoard maps and I'll set you up with both max luck suits, the jewels/talis and a couple 190 luck shields. Can even make you a couple 190 luck weapons if ya want

Last edited:

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also ran a sample. 20 thorns = 1 egg.

Waste of time.
Just saying what has been said but luck is super important below 2500 not many eggs, over 2500 a few more, over 3000 better yet, 4000 egg every time. Seriously this is easy. Get luck suit and try again

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Party works so you only have to open 1 corpse.

Planter tells pet to guard, Rabbit will attack planter. Pull pet off at 1/3 or so damage. Put another pet on, pull pet off at another 1/3 damage, put last pet on. 4K luck is almost guarantee drop for that player.

I guess it would be easier in EC since it shows mob bars. I just chase the rabbit around until I can get bars up.

We are sharing the 4 field plot in Moonglow. 3 groups on their own little square, we have been able to just kill our own.

Probably better if you use your crappy pet. Very low resists on the bunnies.
Yes because good pet they are dead fast

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just saying what has been said but luck is super important below 2500 not many eggs, over 2500 a few more, over 3000 better yet, 4000 egg every time. Seriously this is easy. Get luck suit and try again
Again it's nice that they're including more builds and suits but will we ever get to something for everyone? And Allen just bother..

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can get 150 luck by reforging, then enhance. Run with a +60 hammer, and a 25/25 talisman, and you wont destroy gear as often.

The forged metals are going for about 90 mil on atl, if your buying materials, your gonna spend hammer and materials on the atyemps to get there. About 9 mil per attempt. May get lucky and use less, may burn more.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get 150 luck by reforging, then enhance. Run with a +60 hammer, and a 25/25 talisman, and you wont destroy gear as often.

The forged metals are going for about 90 mil on atl, if your buying materials, your gonna spend hammer and materials on the atyemps to get there. About 9 mil per attempt. May get lucky and use less, may burn more.
150 luck metal items don't fall from the sky. If you get one you want 0 chance it will be destroyed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2780 does not get an egg every time.
I am averaging 2.84 Eggs per thorn min luck is my Tamer/Miner/Smith/tailor just cant bring myself to take his 140 Luck mining gloves off LOL so 2730 for him 2780 on 3 toons per shard on 6 shards. Average varies a bit per shard but averaging the averages gives 2.84. Some of the suits are really good in MR MI LMC and Resist, Some are OK and some are really bad but they all have 2780 Luck except for this one.

Had plenty of time to collect bronze hammers and horned kits to make a lot of 150 arms/legs/glove/head to enhance to 190. Used my mempo and Armor of fortune stashes and had a ample supply of compassion eyes and brac of Primal Consumption to work with. Had a box full of 150 luck loot shields to enhance. I was gone during the quiver and yukio events, so bought a couple of quivers and yukio earrings but finished the suits off with egg turn ins. I am just not going to have Marks..... I simply won't pay what the going prices are for that additional luck.

Renamed the Navrey Mongbat to Big Bunny Slayer and that change in name increased the egg drops by 30% (Joke)
average luck suit.jpg

I have ran different ranges of luck and seems to me is you are running less than 1800 you are just wasting thorns....... the averages at 1800 and below are just not worthwhile IMO. Not that expensive to build a 2400-2500 Luck Suit and be getting a good return on thorns invested.

Thorns are going to be a problem, if I am almost out of thorns and yes I gave a lot away and sold a lot...... And the demand for thorns does not seem to be declining. Between Atlantic/Origin/LS I have 165 beds that will be ready in 14/15 days with another 11880 thorns next harvest. Then another 37 beds on Siege that has been ready to harvest for a week now but I am at raised bed harvesting burn out levels of insanity :) Sounds like a lot of thorns........ I sold that many every 45 minutes until my huge hoard was gone. If someone had told me a year ago I would make 25plat selling my green thorn hoard, I would have told them they had been smoking too many orange petals! But a lot of 1000 thorns = a long day of egg farming........about 16 hours if you are using 3 toons, less if you are using more toons to keep a bunny up constantly. LOL I only play 2-3 hours per days so I am not burning through my personal stash of thorns so fast 120-180 per day. Its a long event and I can't see a reason in the world to grind myself to exhaustion day in and day out. I may or may not place the beds and plant them that I decided would drive me totally over the edge harvesting. I may place them and do crop leases with 4 floors of 20 beds per floor in a couple of houses. Can co own someone to a house and the co owner can plant and harvest what they planted but not beds they did not plant. Or I may just leave in the bags in the factory farm house LOL.

Anyway I already have people wanting to reserve the thorns from my next harvest in 14 days. I suspect everyone that had a big hoard of thorns has or is selling them and close to running out if not already out. I don't think there are that many people with 90+ beds and even fewer with 300+ beds. LOL you can visit the Factory Farm on LS at the Homare gate, it is public and it is nothing but raised beds inside. Could fit 3 more in it. But what it produces next harvest is all I will have available on LS. I have not done the math but what 3-4 more harvest before the event ends? Funny thing is I do so many beds for the 200-220 seeds of renewal per house each harvest and the thorns turned out to be more valuable than all the years worth of seeds of renewal were worth combined............ Didn't see that one coming LOL.......... well until they announced thorns would be required. Pretty sure Kryonix knew the thorns would run out in pretty short order and what would be ready to harvest after the hoards were depleted would be a fraction of the demand. I might be wrong but either way its going to be interesting at least for me to see how the supply/demand/economics of this event play out.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tyrath My vendor is giving out around 100 thorns a day. I can use more soon LOL.

Ya A crafted Luck suit that has 2500ish luck will be able to get almost 100% eggs during the Luck Statue hour.
Good design IMO.

I think the corpse drop is 1 of 10 or so. Luck does not make it more. What do you experience for that stat?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have noticed the vorpal's drop luck 100 items very frequently. armor and jewelry i mean. helpful for EJs to put together a decent luck suit

Xoos

Journeyman
I've actually been looting and saving luck items from bunnies for anyone who shows up at Moonglow on Legends while I'm doing eggs. If you see Filch, ask him what he's got. Never hunt vorpal bunnies without your lucky gear!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tyrath My vendor is giving out around 100 thorns a day. I can use more soon LOL.

Ya A crafted Luck suit that has 2500ish luck will be able to get almost 100% eggs during the Luck Statue hour.
Good design IMO.

I think the corpse drop is 1 of 10 or so. Luck does not make it more. What do you experience for that stat?
2730 + Statue + Fel about 1 in 4/5 corpse drops 2730 straight in tram 1 in 7 2200-2600 seems to be in the 1 in 10/12 range. I am pretty much convinced at this point that it is the same luck mechanic/equation as mining for niter deposits. Which is probably the same mechanic for loot intensity. The luck factor is just very noticeable with the eggs and the Niter deposits. You see a lot more perfect 4 eggs drops with 3 character with max luck, you see a lot more max yielding niter deposits with max luck. A lot faster to get 4 eggs though than to mine out a couple 100 use shovels on a niter deposit at max yield.

I did a little test just to satisfy my own curiousity and use a very crappy melee toon with a fairly low damage weapon to see if the perfection luck would play into it on top of suit, statue and fel luck. Was seeing 1 in 2/3 corpse drops. Planted thorn, hid, honored bunny, killed bunny and hit low enough to achieve perfection before bunny died. Not the most efficient way to farm them vs 3 tamers or mage/mystic toons farming them but it does look like perfection luck sends it to a higher level. Did the same with the same next day without using honor/perfection and the number of eggs at the end of luck hours was lower than the day before by about 8 eggs.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have noticed the vorpal's drop luck 100 items very frequently. armor and jewelry i mean. helpful for EJs to put together a decent luck suit
Got my new favorite hammer from a bunny the first day the thorn planting went live. I have since enhanced it to 190 and put it on my tamer/smith character. I mean shouldn't a Smithing tamer have a high luck Smiths Hammer. I have picked up another dozen or so 150 luck pieces from the bunnies and yep lots of less than 150 pieces that could be enhanced to make decent starter luck suits.
sniths hammer.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good design IMO.

I offered you 4000 thorns a couple times in GC and you never responded or came and got them. So I transferred them to Atlantic and sold them when my hoard there ran out. I put a lot on the Homare Gate Factory farm vendor 100 for 100 gold and they disappeared about as fast as I put them on the vendor there went through around 7500 that way. Had the deed with 4,000 thorns in the bag behind the vendor set to anyone for 2 days before I transferred them :)

I am not going to give anymore away though. People have either figured out to make potions and use old school plant pots or to buy some raised beds or field beds and grow them or they have not. I figure giving them away the first couple of days or week would help the slow ones get up to speed. Don't want to help create a thorn welfare system and dependence on free thorns.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
2730 + Statue + Fel about 1 in 4/5 corpse drops 2730 straight in tram 1 in 7 2200-2600 seems to be in the 1 in 10/12 range. I am pretty much convinced at this point that it is the same luck mechanic/equation as mining for niter deposits. Which is probably the same mechanic for loot intensity. The luck factor is just very noticeable with the eggs and the Niter deposits. You see a lot more perfect 4 eggs drops with 3 character with max luck, you see a lot more max yielding niter deposits with max luck. A lot faster to get 4 eggs though than to mine out a couple 100 use shovels on a niter deposit at max yield.

I did a little test just to satisfy my own curiousity and use a very crappy melee toon with a fairly low damage weapon to see if the perfection luck would play into it on top of suit, statue and fel luck. Was seeing 1 in 2/3 corpse drops. Planted thorn, hid, honored bunny, killed bunny and hit low enough to achieve perfection before bunny died. Not the most efficient way to farm them vs 3 tamers or mage/mystic toons farming them but it does look like perfection luck sends it to a higher level. Did the same with the same next day without using honor/perfection and the number of eggs at the end of luck hours was lower than the day before by about 8 eggs.
Kyronix said fel luck bonus wouldn't affect

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kryonix also says my bugged character still partially in Minax factions is fixed as well and it is still partially in Minax Factions :) Can't get around the fact that most people are getting more eggs in fel than they are tram side.
After 1.5K+ eggs from a mix of both sides... I found no difference.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After 1.5K+ eggs from a mix of both sides... I found no difference.
Same for me (not as many eggs as you though; I have about 500). I did an hour or so in Tram early AM and I did an hour or so in Fel (both during my luck hour) and roughly seemed about the same outcome.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
another fel vs tram lol thread haha jk

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another fel vs tram lol thread haha jk
Not my intention :) I do both sides and Tram I average the 2.84 eggs in fel I average 2.97 mainly because of a lot more eggs on the corpses in fel from my experience. Not talking a massive increase. At least not like the 30% egg drop increase in changing the Mongbats name to Big Bunny Slayer......... Amazing how changing a pets name increased the egg drop rate!!!! If you are not using a Big Bunny Slayer Mongbat as your primary Bunny Hunting Weapon yer doing it all wrong!

Bunny Slayer.jpg

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I know I was just being funny !