• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virute Walkway

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I was getting REALLY upset because I was sick to DEATH of gozas to walk on. I thought Rugs but that didn't work. Then I thought maybe ill use pentagrams *To flashy*

So I did one last attempt. Virtue Tiles but THEN I couldn't walk on them then stumbled on how to do it and now I really love it. I think it goes best if you line them with the hedges but I'm SURE you can come up with more interesting ideas.

(This idea can be done in a classic house as well)

Just gotta find some Magincia Rubble steps.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, looks really good! Much better than having a bunch of gozas up there. I like the cannon in the second house pic btw, must be nice and intimidating to walk up to your front door. :p

I messed around with virtue tiles on test last year, there's some fun stuff you can do with em (I wish wish wish I had turned in more points for more chaos tiles, sigh):

This one I wanted to create an interesting virtue tile display for the 8 virtues (the pyramid thingy), and then the tiles at the bottom of the screen are actually "broken" tiles merged with other tiles. I really liked the mickey mouse looking one so I added in some black pearl for eyes, hehe:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sarsmi, you always crack me up... someone should follow you around at all times with the camera running

now...... why can't ya walk on the virtue tiles? I've only got one down and it's up on a roof section where I never go

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
You cant walk on a virtue tile that is raised up in the air. Unless you raise the Gozas up one space of where you want them to be. place the Virtue tile and then go load another house. Come back and lower the Gozas because they will go over the tiles and that makes them walkable.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both of these looks really nice.

I'm normally not into home deco, but both of those homes (together with a few homes in LS, including the Justice Island house Galen lives in) make me wish I'd gotten into it more.

-Galen's player

N

Nastia Cross

Brilliant as always, Gareth.

Sarsmi, I tried duplicating the red stairs with the Chaos tile in it when you first posted those images but was unable to do so. Thing you can post a tut for those? I'd be ever so grateful!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brilliant as always, Gareth.

Sarsmi, I tried duplicating the red stairs with the Chaos tile in it when you first posted those images but was unable to do so. Thing you can post a tut for those? I'd be ever so grateful!
I sure can, it may be later tonight or tomorrow though. Going to do dinner soon, and my stomach is still being a pain, so I might try to lie down for a while. *grumbles*