• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virus detected

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just opened Stratics on my Kindle Fire and a pop up said that it had detected an android virus on my mobile device, anyone else get this warning only thing that was opened was Stratics

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics is good, its one of the banner ads.. a pop up saying that theres a "virus on your tablet.. click ok to remove" and it will redirect you to some knock-off anti-virus malware.

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not getting the pop up now, I always open Uhalll first as it's bookmarked, I'm using Amazon's Silk browser (which sucks) figured it was a banner add but ya never know

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stratics is good, its one of the banner ads.. a pop up saying that theres a "virus on your tablet.. click ok to remove" and it will redirect you to some knock-off anti-virus malware.
I hate those. On a forum elsewhere that I help moderate, we recently got rid of an ad that claims the user isn't set up to read private messages, tricking the unsavvy into downloading a browser hijacker.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm. Yeah, I think you're right, it's a value click media ad. It doesn't show on Apple stuff either, apparently. I'll ask them if we can remove that.