• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtuoso suit and basic bard skills

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am not a pro, and I just completed my Virtuoso suit as well. But I am lead to believe that it only effects the masteries, not the basic skill. I may be wrong. :)

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Actually, I think you're right, Adeka... But I'm hoping one of the Mods here or someone that knows for sure can verify what we think... Trying to figure out how I can ever Disco those dang UEV's in Shame... They have 160 bard ability, and at 120 Music/Disco I can't seem to ever disco them...

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Great link! The suit gives 10% mastery bonus to your barding skill with the mastery that you have and 5% to the other bard skills. So if your mastery is prov, then you will have a 10% bonus to prov and a 5% to the other skills. You will have a 10% better chance to bard a 150 barding difficulty mob then without the suit. The pieces are imbue-able and here is a link showing some different ways to imbue it to make it more useful.

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify.

The virtuoso suit effect, doubles your current mastery bonus effect to use of the barding skill.
It has no effect on the mastery abilities.
So if you haven't completed any mastery quest, or none of your barding skills are high enough to obtain a mastery it doesn't help you.

The Mastery effect to skills, is a 10% increased success chance to the skill you have chosen mastery in, and a 5% increased success chance to your other barding skills success.

The virtuoso suit, will double that to 20%/10% respectively for the mastery skill and other skills.

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Omg... I'm hearing something that I had not considered... And that is, using the Bard Masteries without the suit...

So I can get a 10% better chance at Provo just by using the Provo mastery, even if I'm NOT wearing the suit? And if I AM wearing the suit - AND - if I have have evoked the Provo "mastery", then I have an additional 10% chance to Provo - which increases my chances to successfully Provo something by 20% ? Is that correct?

And I can furthur increase my chances by using the proper Slayer instrument by an additional how many % ? I've got to find a Slayer instrument on Pacific...

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does just wearing the suit help? Or do you have to activate it? Because if my understanding is right, the bonus last for a whole ONE minute with a pretty extensive cooldown period?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra you are correct. You do have to activate the virtuoso suit in order to receive its bonus.
Cant remember if the slayer bonus was 20% or 10%.

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So... if I'm max'd out Bard, ie. 4x120 real, with Virtuoso Suit fully activated and current Mastery is Disco - then I should see an expected 20% increase in my chance to Disco a UEV in Shame.. Correct?

And, assuming that the above IS correct, IF I have used an Air Elemental Slayer instrument to do the Disco - then, according to UOGuide: "Slayer instruments will increase your success chance by 20% when used on the creatures it is meant for." I can add to that an additional 20% chance at the Disco attempt?

If the above is correct, then if I do everything I can right - I can take my Bard there and expect to have my normal 120 real skill chance to Disco, plus an additional 40% chance from all the above... Correct?

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds right. (though I've never looked at the slayer instrument code to confirm if it provides a skill bonus or a %bonus to the attempt.) The mastery and suit work as a 20% increase to the current chance.

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you can I wish you would look at the code... If the UOGuide is not correct, then we should find that out...

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't work there any more, so i have to guess at the stuff that I didnt look at.