• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

virtue artifacts question

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hear these are found by farming monsters in anti virtue dungeons.

my question is whether or not it matters if i farm for these items in trammel or felluca or do they drop in both

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hear these are found by farming monsters in anti virtue dungeons.

my question is whether or not it matters if i farm for these items in trammel or felluca or do they drop in both
They drop in both, but the drop rate in Felucca is much higher.

And indeed, the drop rate in Trammel is far too low given that the devs' stated intent for these items is for the post-New Haven crowd who are wondering "what's next," after they've gotten the noob artifacts.

Most people say that the best way to get one is by killing great numbers rather than by killing high-fame creatures. But for me what's worked best the last time I was seriously trying to get them was to alternate between the two.

-Galen's player

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait wait wait.

You're saying that even after collecting a set of blessed New Haven rewards, new players shouldn't dare to enter Felucca?

R

RichDC

When the spring cleaning was on id farm these in fel at the dungeon spawns...

With aroun 1k luck i used to get 3-4 drops in the first 2levels of spawn and then nothing after.

So, in my opinion the amount of monsters Vastly outweighs the fame.

(oh btw this happened near enough every spawn i went to...rarely id get one of the 3rd level spawn and i was doing this nearly all day long!)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait wait wait.

You're saying that even after collecting a set of blessed New Haven rewards, new players shouldn't dare to enter Felucca?
Well, no I wasn't saying that, but I actually do agree with that statement.

I wouldn't advise anyone go to Felucca until and unless they have a fully-developed character, and respectable equipment. Anyone who's still going to find most of those Virtue Artifacts useful likely doesn't have either.

Others might disagree I guess and take a "throw the baby in the tank to teach it to swim," or "throw the new Doctor in a busy ER and have him stay up for a week straight to see all kinds of medical conditions" approach. I cannot deny that this approach does indeed work sometimes.

But for my part I wouldn't advise that.

-Galen's player

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would advise a new player to aclimate himself to felucca as soon as possible. be comfortable with loss in game and the only effect the game has on you is the fun and enjoyment derived from victory not the whiney approach i see from so many these days.