• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtue armor

G

I thought today I would start to collect a set of virtue armor. I know the dungeons I need to fight in. what I don't know is what I have to fight to get a full set. Can I just stay in one dungeon killing one thing or do I have to go to all the sin dungeons and fight everything? I have already started the cloak quest.

G

Just whack on stuff, altho if I recall correctly, the harder (higher fame/karma) the mob the more your chance for a drop is increased. The main objective is to take out as many as fast as you can in many instances.

I got 1 drop off Dragons in Destard and the rest off Lizardmen in Despise. <shrug> Good luck!

D

drew1

Yes, the higher fame monsters bring your points up faster. The way it works is you get points for every kill, giving you a higher and higher percentage chance for a drop until you get one. Luck does help. What I used to do is kill dragons in Destard for about 10 or 15 minutes, then go to Deceit and kill tons of skeletons and so on in there till I got a drop. Then I would go back to Destard and do it all over again. Beware however there are a number of different items that drop besides virtue armor. It can get very frustrating trying to get a particular piece and you keep getting shields or crooks or that stupid map. I ended up just buying a breastplate because I couldn't get one, then as soon as I did, I got 2 in a row.

It makes no difference what you kill, as far as what you get for a drop. It is totally random.

Oh and one other thing. As a mage, if you drops EV's or BS's remember you need to stay within a certain number of tiles. I believe it is 3, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. If you don't, you won't get points for the kill.

G

after over 4 1/2 hours in 2 different dungeons today I came up with nada. no arties, maps anything worth keeping. I even got stuck on the OL island bridge in despise and got killed. I got trapped where the bridge meets the island and couldn't move. Tomorrow is another day to try again.

G

you are not hiding or running off screen while your evs fight are you?

because I do not believe you are getting any points if you do.

G

I was in hide mode at times to avoid being targetted by the OL. I was getting some fame so I thought I was getting points too. I was one or two tiles away from the ev's if that makes any difference? How do you guys do it if you can't hide?

G

well I do not take my mage.

I use my paladin, but if you want to use your mage on orge lords and you feel you are not that good a mage, just head south (lower left of your monitor) from the orge lord isle, down there is just 1 OL and like 5 normal orges just cast evs down there.

I would just run circles around them til my mana comes back up, if you do not have alot of mana regen.

G

I can give it a try. Maybe I should just try something a little different for this character? My Sammy isn't as high skilled as the mage. I thought the mage would be a better choice for this.

G

well if you really want to take your mage, go upstairs in despise to lizardmen.

or maybe dugeon shame, kill earth elementals. first floor.

yes they are less points, but you can kill them quicker with your mage and you should not have to hide, if you can reasonably cast evs, also use poison/fire fields.

cause its a point system, so the quicker you can kill even lower point monsters the faster you get to the total points you need to spawn a drop. And EAMythic has never said what to point total is or how many points each creature is.

G

I got most of my drops in Fel dungeons farming fame for the Sacrifice Virtue. The average was one drop every 2 hours or so. I was lucky and got no duplicate drops on armor pieces but got other items in multiples (mainly Janna's Staff). BTW this was with my tamer, so I don't see why a mage with summons would not do as well.

J

joblackjon

You know that one of the items is not to be had in a dungeon but through a quest and some are available as 8th Anniversary rewards. That might speed up your collection a bit.

Copied from
web page
Set Pieces:
Cloak of Humility - Obtained through the Gareth the Emissary of the RBC quest, once per character
Gauntlets of Valor - Obtained from PvE combat in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons or as an 8th Anniversary reward
Helm of Spirituality - Obtained from PvE combat in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons or as an 8th Anniversary reward
Gorget of Honesty - Obtained from PvE combat in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons and once, but no longer, through the Seeker of Truth Quests
Arms of Compassion - Obtained from PvE combat in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons
Legs of Honor - Obtained from PvE combat in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons
Breastplate of Justice - Obtained from PvE combat in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons
Sollerets of Sacrifice - Obtained from PvE combat in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons

G

I got the cloak and thought I would try for the rest of the suit.

G

I had my stealther go mark a rune in that single OL area today. I took my Sammy and fought there leng enough to make several trips to the bank, and gain back my title, Still no drops. I must have terrible luck tomorrow or Thursday I won't have any chance to play. Friday will be my next play day I hope then maybe I will get a drop of some kind.
I like the single OL area much better than the island area.

G

I finally got a drop this afternoon of virtue armor. It was the helm and I didn't even know it dropped until I was home cleaning out my pack. I killed OL for about an hour then went to despise for the lizardmen. It worked like a charm. Thank you for all the advice I received.

G

Congrats!

on your first piece. Now you just need 6 more.

While I think the drop rate has been turned too low, I also felt the initial drop rate was too high.

This is very typical of EAMythic, they can not seem to find a decent balance for any drop rates, they have introducted over the years.

But at least with this type of drop system, even a causal player will eventually get an item.