• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vine cord dupe! See the rares forum.

G

The shoes that sold for upto 700 mill have been duped to hell on Pacific, if your thinking of buying beware!!!

G

Yes saw that along with a few other things but not know if from an IDOC or a new dupe so it could do some big damage again to the rars market DAM!

S

StarlaUO

According to the story its from an IDOC and its not only vine cord sandals but other rares were found in mutliple copies. So far vinecord sandals got all the publicity because of its value and its an atrractive item. Others that are on sale include rot gut wine, dye tub that dyes leather cloth colour, mista ciders. Not sure if there are other rares present only time will tell when they offload them. The last time Lake Superior and DF also had some IDOC drops to almost the same effect. They dropped the values of scaffolding, wind spirit, pullies, etc.

The rares market has become like a dupes market, no one knows which is real / duped anymore. And some buyers will not care and will buy them because they are cheaper or have resale value. There are people already reselling vine cord on Pac for 100-200 mil when they are bought for 1 mil.

Just stay away from buying rares....

G

<blockquote><hr>

dye tub that dyes leather cloth colour

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the issue with these that they've been duped or that they're bugged? I was told they were "illegal to make/legal to own".

S

StarlaUO

These are bugged leather dye tubs that dyed normal dye tub colours. I don't think its possible to obtain them anymore and prior to today whereby mutliples of them are found on Pacific (not sure if the mutliple copies of these tubs are exploited items / dupes) , they used to be rare and can go up to 250-300 mil. And there is no official statement they are legal to own.

G

Ah, okay, sorry I misread that. I've got the reverse, a tub that dyes cloth in leather hues.

S

StarlaUO

I think tub that dyes cloth with leather dye tub colour is legal. Not sure why can't the leather dye tub has more colour in the first place like a normal dye tub. It will give more variety in coordinating leather armor and clothing colour.

G

Yup, I sell bolts of ore-hued cloth reasonably cheap because I'd like to see more co-ordinated clothing out there. That way, tailors can put their own mark on it, also I don't have to stock every type of clothing in every colour (yeesh!). It's not a high-demand item but it's nice to see the occasional bolt being purchased.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if your thinking of buying beware!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... nah.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

How much do they cost? For real and dupped?

[/ QUOTE ]

600m-ish i think they were pre-dupe. The idiot who sold them on Pac sold 15 or so of them for 1mill each tho (not realizing, he 'found them'), so jack squat now since they not special no more and will likely be turned into something like the duped shrouds were (pending EAMythic getting off their asses rofl, so like 6 months time min
).

D

Dalecti

items like that should never be made anyway. creating such (for what it is) a powerful item, and making it so rare, they instantly create an increased reason for people to dupe items.

i beleive they are an event item? no event item should be anything else than some intangible or decoration reward. that title that some tc i cant remember had on their char of 'grandmaster pvp' is an excellent event reward (even though in that particular case it was a total joke.).

the problem is a total lack of foresight - a systemic issue with uo, from the top on down. noone seems to have any idea what theyre doing.

but as hokuto said (its scary how often i agree with this guy) - oh no, not the uo rares market. lol.

G

I was offered a few pairs for the Oceania PVP Champ robe but I am pretty sure thats a one of a kind.

Dupes become commons once they are duped enough, my guess is that they will bring out a craftable pair of shoes with mods to even up things.