• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vice vs Virtue Review

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another publish cycle squandered on something nobody was ever going to use. @Kyronix was still pretending people use Refinement last time I checked, maybe he can get those imaginary people to play VvV too.

At least we got that trade caravan crap that everyone quit talking about five seconds after it came out. That was a godsend for people who think a few million for some trade deals is a lot of money but who want to raise the cash as slowly and awkwardly as possible.

I would seriously trade everything they've done in the last two years for a meaningful permanent Doom revamp.
T
I do like the statue reward. It could come like a vet statue but in VvV colors.

I don't like being a bland VvV player. I would actually like to see a Vice tag or a Virtue tag. You could do this by having sign ups in towns. A vice Brit guild, virtue brit guild, repeat for other towns. I would enjoy fighting for my town of choice.

The last part irked me. I think this is TOO much guild based. I shouldn't have to just join up with random people to become successful in this system. While I don't approve of piggybacking I also don't like the idea of fighting an entire shard by myself.

@Kyronix some players have shown interest in taking the fight to all facets while other players have shown negative arguments due to the healing factor. Would there be anyway to please both sides by not allowing VvV players to be healed by non VvV? Also that play by play menu...too big. Is there anyway to remove it for good?
Early on in VvV development we weighed the pro's and con's of opening up fights to all facets, and ultimately the con's outweighed the pro's. We also did not want to create a highly complex aggression web, as would be the case in dealing with the non-VvV healer issue.