• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vice vs Virtue on Siege - *important*

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Vice vs Virtue system has now hit TC and it is very important that we have Siege people looking at it and the possible consequences for our shard.

The battleground for the new system appears to be the Felucca towns, and when a conflict starts the guardzone is taken down. This is fine on production shards but is obviously problematic for Siege. Furthermore, from what I can see, only those people in the VV system are notified of when a battle is going to start or is ongoing, those outside the system are not advised of this and so would have no knowledge of which towns are currently unsafe.

The system appears to be incomplete at this point as there is no mention anywhere of what the rewards for victors may be, but this is also something we should keep a careful eye on in case we end up with some overpowered artifacts here.

So please, look into this and be sure to post your feedback here or, better still, in the UHall thread.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, M'Lady Hoffs.... There should be no reason for remorse later if we're not providing input when it is being actively sought. Both Kronix and Bleak have been in the thread already.
Everyone - please take the time to take a look at things that could effect us for a long time here. It's our Siege....

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not obviously problematic for Siege, in my opinion. I think its perfect for Siege for the GZ's to disappear when a conflict starts. Siege should be PERILOUS! It makes perfect sense that when the conflict ends the guards would come back. Just as when you go anywhere else on Siege, one should be careful. Plus, there are other towns that will be unaffected and people who are worried about the absence of guards in Fel towns can obviously bank or trade in those unaffected towns.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree. Siege is perilous and you can be attacked almost anywhere outside the towns and your homes. The fact that it is a lot safer these days is due to the reduced population, and having guardzones randomly disappearing without warning is not going to help that. For vets, all that will happen is, as you say, they will tend to use places like Zento, Umbra and (ugh!) Luna instead. For newbs, they risk being PKd in a town they thought they were safe in.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a global message about which town is in the battle might help solve this problem, unless someone logs in at a town in the middle of battle. I remember back when we had the invasion event it definitely created some issues for people to have those guard zones down, even when they knew about it.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plus, there are other towns that will be unaffected and people who are worried about the absence of guards in Fel towns can obviously bank or trade in those unaffected towns.
Yes, that seems to be an entire huge chunk of the problem Hoffs is bringing up - not knowing which town that is that's currently affected.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they could successfully bind the VV fights to the town criers then I think that would be a compromise good enough for Siege (and probably prodo as well).
Yes, someone would probably still fall a victim to a no-guard town but like with everthing else in this game there´s a learning curve.

I will read up on it more later.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
the raining terror of dying everywhere! YAY!!! I Just might win another death robe contest! But Seriously.. a warning would be nice atleast lol trying to bank something and next thing you know THWACK! this would happen.. :confused: confusion.. then.. :stretcher: oh noes! someone is dead.. get the healers!

Edit; I think they were trying to come up with a good idea.. but for Siege this is going to be a bit hard. I can just see this now every single red at each bank just waiting for a victim to arrive.. this is going to be one bloody mess. Looks like I'm going to have to find me a different spot to bank than usual.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my thoughts are they need to give a global anouncement for the people that arent in VvV

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix regarding Siege:

We are still actively developing the final implementation of VvV on Abyss rule sets and are in constant discussion with our focus group as well as internally about how all changes related to VvV will effect Siege and Mugen. Thank you very much for the feedback :D Kyronix, Today at 12:56 PM

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not like this in towns it should just be an instanced area that has nothing to do with the current landmass. All special items will only work in this instanced are. People not involved in VvV cant go into the instanced area. Hopefully they also make it obvious who's on what side such as colored robes you cant take off while in the instanced area. This whole thing screams instanced area for the above reasons and many more.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that seems to be an entire huge chunk of the problem Hoffs is bringing up - not knowing which town that is that's currently affected.
If the battlegrounds are Felucca towns it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Umbra and Luna are safe places to do their business. I suppose town criers and Sherry The Mouse statues could potentially help those who need a little more than basic common sense to get them through their day.

I will admit that I am not fond of losing my suit and other items unnecessarily, but I am all for keeping Siege a perilous place to play even when that risk applies to me as well.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Vice vs Virtue system has now hit TC and it is very important that we have Siege people looking at it and the possible consequences for our shard.

The battleground for the new system appears to be the Felucca towns, and when a conflict starts the guardzone is taken down. This is fine on production shards but is obviously problematic for Siege. Furthermore, from what I can see, only those people in the VV system are notified of when a battle is going to start or is ongoing, those outside the system are not advised of this and so would have no knowledge of which towns are currently unsafe.

The system appears to be incomplete at this point as there is no mention anywhere of what the rewards for victors may be, but this is also something we should keep a careful eye on in case we end up with some overpowered artifacts here.

So please, look into this and be sure to post your feedback here or, better still, in the UHall thread.
Not having prior knowledge of no guard zones, for those not directly involved in VvV is really exactly what this shard is supposed to be like, more of a challenge is it not ? Why do we always seem to be trying to protect the little ole innocents on a shard with the name Perilous in it ?

Reactions: Kat

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As much as we all talk in GC, I think as a shard we're all prefectly capable of alerting our young little frail nubiles which town currently has a "thing" going on in it. Hell IDOCs and fight zones already get announced in GC, why is it things like this are assumed to not get discussed as well ?

Reactions: Kat

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not like this in towns it should just be an instanced area that has nothing to do with the current landmass. All special items will only work in this instanced are. People not involved in VvV cant go into the instanced area. Hopefully they also make it obvious who's on what side such as colored robes you cant take off while in the instanced area. This whole thing screams instanced area for the above reasons and many more.
I don't want people that aren't going to be directly involved in VvV to be able to go into areas where it's currently taking place.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm setting up my house to kill people from inside! (or do they figure to not allow me to use my house during a battle)

T

Tazar

I really don't see why this fights have to be in towns
My guess is so the battles do not interfere with housing outside of the towns. I'd be upset if the area around my home were a regular battle scene limiting what I can do there.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am going to hire a bunch of Girl Scouts to come sell cookies.:lick:
Your looking at one of them.. So which will it be an order of caramel delights? maybe the thin mints? or perhaps you are more of a peanut butter lover.. of the peanut butter sandwiches. Also for every delivery of girl scout cookies on Siege we bring you a trap box that can be very deadly.. Now remember fellow girl scout troops wear green at all times! oh and Amber.. I only accept payments in piffle sticks :p Love ya Amber!!

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't want people that aren't going to be directly involved in VvV to be able to go into areas where it's currently taking place.
What's the problem, they get orange to VvV if they attack or heal VvV.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Was that a problem with faction? Maybe they just want to watch before they take the step to start PvP.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't think it's going to be shocking that i'm not a fan of loosing the town guards at least on siege. It would have a drastic effect on a few systems that we have here. I do not see how a warning from the crier will change that much either. It would be more like now knowing I will need to leave town... or log. Any event could be pulled in the middle or before it has even begun. So no... I would not like to see the town guards called off as it has been described in the forums.
I did see that the dev team have yet to make a statement about how the changes will be implemented on siege and mugan, so i guess it's a wait and see. I will withhold any other comment until i have a chance to see it for myself or the dev team gives more information.
Thanks for the post

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's going to be shocking that i'm not a fan of loosing the town guards at least on siege. It would have a drastic effect on a few systems that we have here. I do not see how a warning from the crier will change that much either. It would be more like now knowing I will need to leave town... or log. Any event could be pulled in the middle or before it has even begun. So no... I would not like to see the town guards called off as it has been described in the forums.
I did see that the dev team have yet to make a statement about how the changes will be implemented on siege and mugan, so i guess it's a wait and see. I will withhold any other comment until i have a chance to see it for myself or the dev team gives more information.
Thanks for the post
York, you're acting like we dont discuss in depth in gc when events are going to take place. This is a small shard, we can deal with it easier than a heavily populated shard can.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is turning off the guards going to change how anything works on siege? Are people going to be mysteriously revealed or something? Are chests of sending (or whatever theyre called) going to not work? Are the mysterious bankers throughout the lands going to be wiped forcing everyone back into the cities? Is ganking going to be abolished? We can't boat bank anymore? What's the fuss about OP weeps? We've had these for what, 10 years now? Or are there a WHOLE bunch of people on this "so-called" "PvP" shard that are really scared to the actual thought of having to actually fight once in awhile LOL? What does it even matter? I could care less :) Siege died many many years ago. Wait I said the "f" (fight) word!!! Ban me Kelmo LOL.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Siege is not merely a PvP shard...

At any rate... it will be figured out by the residents of Siege. I am not too worried.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe the worse problem with removing guards temporary will be for new Siege players, who don't understand the risk. Others will learn not to not logout in this towns and not go to them without checking if it is safe.

But still, it will give conflicts vs the Governor system and the new Traders Quests. Most optimal for Siege would be to find other spots for this fights. Now Buccaneer's Den are at a server line, else it had been perfect.

What about using the 3 towns where the Traders quest can be fenced to Slim the Fence, Nujel'm, Occlo and Serpent's Hold? This 3 towns will not be a problem vs Fishing Quests or the new Traders Quest. If someone want to fence the box, it's fair enough with a little more risk.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
York, you're acting like we dont discuss in depth in gc when events are going to take place. This is a small shard, we can deal with it easier than a heavily populated shard can.
We can't assume anything at this point. Currently I believe the fights last twenty minutes with a five minute gap between them. I am sure this will change, but at the moment each town can expect to be without guards six times per day.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the devs posts said the area affected would be the town itself, not outlying farms and buildings.

Guardzones have been off on Siege before. I did my banking in Zento that time.