• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Veteran's of Siege

• Thread starter Stealth Caster
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Stealth Caster

First I want to say to KAT and Elmer, that I want you two to know I have nothing against either one of ya. I really don't know ya. I do see you posting on the forum a bit and you both stick up for your guilds which is great. That is what I was doing by sticking up for the alliance of JSV that we just joined up with. And Elmer from what I have heard you have been around UO from damn near the beginning. So you have seen many things come and go along with game plays and styles. So I can see your frustration. But have you and others forgotten how hard it is to build up since it was many years ago that you had to do it? I am playing a tamer template now out of necessity. Remember it takes time to build up on Siege and maybe people are playing tamers or templates most veterans dont feel worthy as pvpers just to survive? I am not playing my tamer to pvp. Just to be able to survive at this time.

I just wanted to say to all the veteran's of siege. I have seen recently numerous posts on the board about people leaving for this reason or that reason. And people are starting to worry about the population of Siege. So if people are worried about Siege dying, what is the solution? I say it lies in the hands of the veteran's of Siege. The only way you are going to build up the population on Siege is to get new people to come over. I hear people say that hey, if a noobie gets killed then "Welcome to Siege" and if they leave because of that well good then. No that is not good. UO has been going on for like 10 years now right? I feel the makers of UO have done about what all they can do to keep the game alive this long. So it is up to the community of UO/Siege to make people want to play and continue to play Siege. These are just my thoughts and opinions.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

But have you and others forgotten how hard it is to build up since it was many years ago that you had to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]I joined Siege first time ~7 months ago. I had an 18x18 after one month and all the supplies I needed. Its not hard to build up. Go kill some polar bears while training your taming, put the hides in a small house on ice island, ship it back to banks via giant beetle, then sell. At this point those hides should sell for more than the 30gp per that I got long ago. You should be rich in no time. No excuse.
<blockquote><hr>

I am playing a tamer template now out of necessity. Remember it takes time to build up on Siege and maybe people are playing tamers or templates most veterans dont feel worthy as pvpers just to survive?

[/ QUOTE ]Soooo... I am not sure why you chose to make the longest/hardest to train template if you are whining about how long it takes to build up in the game. And then u claim u did it out of neccessity? But, that makes no sense? How is it neccessary to choose the hardest to make chracter type because it takes long to build up? This confuses me. I'd think you would make a warrior if thats your excuse, because they are easy to train and you would be ready to go quickly.
<blockquote><hr>

I am not playing my tamer to pvp. Just to be able to survive at this time.

[/ QUOTE ] so I shall expect to never see you noto'ing with jsv? Cuz once I see you willingly participating in a fight against red faction people (TnA/AO) I will be sure to get a screen shot and call you out.

<blockquote><hr>

I just wanted to say to all the veteran's of siege. I have seen recently numerous posts on the board about people leaving for this reason or that reason. And people are starting to worry about the population of Siege. So if people are worried about Siege dying, what is the solution? I say it lies in the hands of the veteran's of Siege. The only way you are going to build up the population on Siege is to get new people to come over. I hear people say that hey, if a noobie gets killed then "Welcome to Siege" and if they leave because of that well good then. No that is not good. UO has been going on for like 10 years now right? I feel the makers of UO have done about what all they can do to keep the game alive this long. So it is up to the community of UO/Siege to make people want to play and continue to play Siege. These are just my thoughts and opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]But if all the vets leave, how will they get new people to come/stay?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hear people say that hey, if a noobie gets killed then "Welcome to Siege" and if they leave because of that well good then. No that is not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not defending anyone that kills newbies but perhaps you need to look at this from another point of view. If a newbie comes here, dies with in the first 5 mins, is dry looted and says this shard sucks, I'm going back to my home shard. Guess what, they were never Siege materials as anyone that has been here more then 2 hours can tell you. You will die LOTS, you will be looted lots and more often then not these days dry looted. So if someone can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen err I mean off Siege

G

I aggre with you 100%. I joined Siege 12 days ago and for the first time in a long time I felt like a neewbie again, however in those 12 days I have played maybe 2 hours per day and accumulated enough gold to place an 18x18 house. How you ask? it was easy realy. FOLLOW THE FAQ ADVICE. I made a Sammy and started by shearing sheep in Yew, the killing Hinds and other crittters for skill and leathers. Finally I have moved on the lizzard men and rat men. After hording my precious leathers for a week I sold them to the wondeful Enigma for a tidy little profit and promtly placed my house. Now guess how many times in the last 12 days I have been PKd and dry looted.... exactly ZERO. I have run into many Reds and other guilds that I have read on this board that will kill me on sight, simply because I am new, and they have seen my NEW Guild Tag, Welcomed me to SIege and let me know that someday I would die graciously at their hand. Honestly I expected it to be much worse ( like the old days when the road to Brit was littered with bodies) but it hasnt. I have truly enjoyed Siege so far ( except for RoT) and look forward to developing my running skills while trying to re-learn PvP and finishing off my Sammy

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

You will die LOTS, you will be looted lots and more often then not these days dry looted. So if someone can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen err I mean off Siege

[/ QUOTE ]
When i meet a true newb not yet in NEW i tell them two things:
1)look up NEW, they will hook you up with equipment, lrc, safe zones, a tag many people respect, etc.
and more importantly
2) DON'T MIND DYING. take it in stride. Reequip, and don't worry when you just get killed again. You will die a lot. A LOT. (and then i proceed to spam "A LOT" until my spam filter stops me).
thats it. I dont bother to talk up my guild or alliance, I dont bother to talk down my enemies. Last night a newb I met in Moonglow asked about guilds, I did mention there were three big guilds/alliances active in pvp. he asked if mine was good. I laughed and said "don't ask that, of course I'll say yes".

I find that most newbs I find have been PKed multiple times before I talk to them and before they ever heard about NEW. Yet they were still on shard. They were made of the right stuff.

I am sure there are many newbs that show up, get pked, dry looted, res killed, manage to reequip, only to get pked and drylooted three more times and then proceed to say "f this im going back to [insert shard here]". They were not the right stuff, and quite honestly, I don't miss them. There is a reason many people moved to Trammel when it came out: many people don't like getting killed. They dont appreciate the risk and danger and rush. So they dont face it. Whether we like it or not, those people are not appropriate for our community and would not be a good fit. They would just leave eventually.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

If you have not noticed yet, the Veterans of Siege Perilous have rejected your
thoughts and opinions. Please realize the Veterans are not a means for change.
They simple want what they want and nothing else but Pvping and they rule
Siege Perilous. No new ideas need apply except that supports Pvping.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I hear people say that hey, if a noobie gets killed then "Welcome to Siege" and if they leave because of that well good then. No that is not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not defending anyone that kills newbies but perhaps you need to look at this from another point of view. If a newbie comes here, dies with in the first 5 mins, is dry looted and says this shard sucks, I'm going back to my home shard. Guess what, they were never Siege materials as anyone that has been here more then 2 hours can tell you. You will die LOTS, you will be looted lots and more often then not these days dry looted. So if someone can't take the heat get the hell out of the kitchen err I mean off Siege

[/ QUOTE ]
You have committed the number one sin!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

You method of handshaking does not work with me. Stay away from me.
[AO] is a corrupt guild in Yahaxithonix view inside the game.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

Yahaxithonix, at what times do you play?

I'd like to rez-kill you over and over one of these days.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I am online at random times, and rez-kill has been done dozens of times by
others, get in line! But, you like WyRm and others must find me first!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I noticed that most Pkers on this forum do not sign their in-game name at
the bottom of their posts. Cowards!!!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to put you on my list as well...though rather than rez kill you I propose we partake of Ale at the inn.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

My forum name is my in-game name.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

My forum name is my in-game name.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting name, not in my book! Obviously, we just do not cross paths!
Behave yourself when you see me, I always behave well!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to put you on my list as well...though rather than rez kill you I propose we partake of Ale at the inn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting offer! Usually ppl just kill me and that ends the conversation!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

quote] so I shall expect to never see you noto'ing with jsv? Cuz once I see you willingly participating in a fight against red faction people (TnA/AO) I will be sure to get a screen shot and call you out.

I have no doubt of that, in fact if one of us kill you or all the others like you there will be a post of how we use a gimp template, or are a speed hack. I know I cut your power while we fought. No matter why yall die you have a reason other than you lost. I have not won much of any pvp fights on this shard. My character is still building and I have a little more time before I can effectivily jump in the fray, but I have died many times.

Everytime I died I did not get one here to talk about how someone cheated me, no I lost. They were stronger, or the situation was bad for me. It happens.
And will he use his pets on you when he gets the chance I hope so.
Cause it honestly used to get on my nerves to read this whining but now its my chief entertainment during dead time at work. And I would love to hear you cry some more.

I

imported_Goron

lol, dr house, I can tell you don't know me well.
I smack talk on the board, I don't whine. There is a big difference.
If I came here to whine and make excuses everytime I died, I'd probably get banned for spaming. I am in the positive for kill points (faction thing) for the first time ever with one of my characters. It took me 7 months but I finally managed to kill more than get killed for a short period of time. what does that mean? That means I die a lot. Ask your new alliance mates, see if they are afraid of strangelove, my bet is they will laugh and say F no, i kill him all the time.

I wouldn't come to complain about you killing me, I'd come to point out your hypocracy.

S

Stealth Caster

1st of all Goron I never said I wouldn't pvp with a tamer. If my guild or alliance is in a battle with anyone and a tamer is my strongest character, then hell yea i will fight with it. I am saying this, I will not kill a blue character unless they are KOC. I will kill anyone from KOC at anytime by any means necessary. Hell if I could make a nuclear bomb and dessimate them I would. But I haven't figured that out in the game yet? LOL.

I will play as any character template I want and I could really care less what anyone had to say about it. I just think that if Siege is a dying breed it is not entirely at the fault of EA, if none of the players take the blame then we are doomed.

I like Siege, I like the fact that the forum board is so active. I mean at any given point in the day you can find around 20 or more people viewing the boards. In all this is a great community. If it weren't for the passion of the players like Kat, Elmer, Puffy and many others that are on these forums and playing the game, it would have died years ago. That was what this post was about.