• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vet Rewards

• Thread starter Righteous
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Harb

Jeremy, it's hard to know where to post this, but based on the thread title... :)

Great work on the vet rewards for Pub 55, but... for those of us well past "claim years" for these items, can we possibly get a NPC somewhere to allow us to swap out previously chosen items for the new introductions. I won't whine about giving out additional picks based on timeliness, but there should be some means of empowering us to adjust the picks we've already used! Based on a previous "spoiler" thread, I guess we know what's on tap for year 11. Again, thanks for the good work on the rewards, just please provide some means for adjustment.

T

T_Amon_from_work

per year of active account ... 1st year you get up to 3. Each additional year after that you get 1 choice which can be items specific for that year or any prior.

L

Lord Drakelord

per year of active account ... 1st year you get up to 3. Each additional year after that you get 1 choice which can be items specific for that year or any prior.

When an account has been active for 72 months you will receive two vet reward choices (instead of the normal one choice per year), and another two for each additional 12 months in which the account remains active.
Each year after this you will receive two rewards per year.

L

love2winalot

It is kind of sad that new vet rewards get added to pre existing years, and you are not able to swap awards. I would love to trade in a 1 year statue, for a 1 year community deed box. As it is now, i will have to use an 11 year vet reward choice, on a first year vet reward, if i want to have a community deed box.

Or, pay millions for one in lune, or, find someone drunk, or high as a kite, and trade my monster statue for it. If vet rewards could be turned into, "1 yr token, 4 yr token, 11 yr token," and so on, it would be better.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If vet rewards could be turned into, "1 yr token, 4 yr token, 11 yr token," and so on, it would be better.
-----------------------------------------

Jeepers can u imagine the mayhem that would be created ....peeps running arouns buying up all the heaps of ''50k'' first year statues to redeed for the new com box or full soulstones ....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

NICE IDEA BUT TOTALLY IMPRATICAL!!!!

M

MYUO

Just sell the ones your have and buy new ones if you don't want to use your highly aged "nest eggs". Of course you will end up paying more gold but that is the reality - new shinny stuff is always in higher demand and commands a higher price.

G

galefan2004

It would be nice if they would change it to 4 for the first year then make it 2 for each year after that. Thats not that overpowering, and I don't think we have enough item selections in this system if they are going to keep adding items to all of the years.

E

Edina Monsoon

How about giving every account that is one year and older a "free" vet reward choice to take advantage of the new vet rewards as a "we're sorry the 10th anniversary was lousy and we were a year late on the vet rewards" concession.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

T

Tazar

How about giving every account that is one year and older a "free" vet reward choice to take advantage of the new vet rewards as a "we're sorry the 10th anniversary was lousy and we were a year late on the vet rewards" concession.

Great! Then I can save it till the 12th anniversary when they release the 11st year veteran rewards... :lick:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey you stole my idea I said that yesterday :lol::lol:

C

Connor_Graham

It is kind of sad that new vet rewards get added to pre existing years, and you are not able to swap awards. I would love to trade in a 1 year statue, for a 1 year community deed box. As it is now, i will have to use an 11 year vet reward choice, on a first year vet reward, if i want to have a community deed box.

Or, pay millions for one in lune, or, find someone drunk, or high as a kite, and trade my monster statue for it. If vet rewards could be turned into, "1 yr token, 4 yr token, 11 yr token," and so on, it would be better.
Simple solution. Choose one of the 10th yr rewards, sell it for 5x what the box will end up selling for, then buy the box from someone else and buy the other one in a month or 2 when the prices have dropped, and still have gold left over.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Jeremy,

what about 11th year veteran rewards?
There should already be a few accounts with 132+ months (thanks to the 3 months credited for free to everybody).
Are you waiting for the official anniversary to announce them, or did you just forget about them?

T

Trevelyan

Sir Bolo, seconded. I am a bit lost as to why, when effort has been put into this, 11th and 12th year rewards haven't been factored in?

This would give a sort of "goal" and would give people some hope - knowing that a year from now, UO will likely still be around and there are veteran rewards to look forward to.

An 11th year reward - Blackrock Robe! 3% resist distributed randomly. Or a gargoyle mining machine - produces ore (up to 10 per day) with a 1 in 100 chance of producing a piece of small blackrock (limit of 1 per day).

There we go.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still waiting for the horse and cart that deploy and move like a boat over land. Just no decay. Would be fair when deployed takes up 3 pet slots like beetle. Key is replace by a whip (blessed). Only the whip holder can release the brake to move it. Make up for the BoS so plp can harvest 3200 stones. Horse and cart not bonded so have to cart things away. If left deployed after logging, 5 minute timer will return it to backpack and drop bag like a packy gone wild. Give thieves something else to hunt for in fel - unguarded wagons. Also will need the wraith effect so cannot block area in fel when not mounted. Could make for fun fel events defending a real caravan.
Deployment window gives a choice of a horse pulling a buckboard and the color of the horse. Or, a bull or gaman pulling a large wooden wheel cart. Unicorn pulling an elven chariot. Undead steed with bone chariot. Ostard pulling a hovering flatboard. Container type replaces the ships hold. Like a boat wont pass through cast gate - could even make something like the serpent pillars for crossing long distances. What Ice Queen wouldn't want a polar bear pulling a sleigh chariot

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still waiting for the horse and cart that deploy and move like a boat over land. Just no decay. Would be fair when deployed takes up 3 pet slots like beetle. Key is replace by a whip (blessed). Only the whip holder can release the brake to move it. Make up for the BoS so plp can harvest 3200 stones. Horse and cart not bonded so have to cart things away. If left deployed after logging, 5 minute timer will return it to backpack and drop bag like a packy gone wild. Give thieves something else to hunt for in fel - unguarded wagons. Also will need the wraith effect so cannot block area in fel when not mounted. Could make for fun fel events defending a real caravan.
Deployment window gives a choice of a horse pulling a buckboard and the color of the horse. Or, a bull or gaman pulling a large wooden wheel cart. Unicorn pulling an elven chariot. Undead steed with bone chariot. Ostard pulling a hovering flatboard. Container type replaces the ships hold. Like a boat wont pass through cast gate - could even make something like the serpent pillars for crossing long distances. What Ice Queen wouldn't want a polar bear pulling a sleigh chariot
Awesome idea the horse and cart...im sure it would be very easy to do and the cart would just ask like a beetle and yes 3 slots would work...but certainly no or very little taming/lore reqd to ride

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i plan to pay the mills for most things rather than wasting picks

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

or as a way to say "sorry for letting the login servers crash for over an hour each day for 3 or 4 days in a row allowing you to miss some good loot at idocs since you couldn't log on"

H

Harb

My understanding of vet rewards is that they are a way to say "thank you" from the corporate/ dev side to the players for continued years of loyalty. This is a premise that at times seems lost. It seems to me that what should be important is taking a moment each year to say thanks. Or don't, I'm OK with that too. We say thanks by continued subscriptions and purchases, if EA/ Mythic/ Dev want to say thanks, rewards should be as unrestrictive as possible. I can accept the basis of years of play having meaning, but only because rewards can actually serve as an incentive for times to come. Remember this is the third time reward choices have lagged behind account ages, once everyone was given an additional pick, this seems to mark the second time no additional picks were provided. We'll have to see, we're not at the public release 11th anniversary quite yet. It actually does irritate me when items are backdated and our picks are already expended. It takes the sincere "you're welcome" out of the potentially sincere "thank you." No vet reward creates any form of play imbalance. Keep them or sell them, again, what difference does it really make? Who cares that a player vendor may sell a year 1 reward for less than a year 11 reward - it has absolutely nothing to do with EA saying thanks to an 11 year player. And while I'm ranting, random rewards that can't be redeeded - please :(

My view is 1) when pub 56 hits, give out an additional pick or two to everyone. 2) Establish an NPC that allows players to turn in any vet reward and claim another reward that the player is qualified to receive.

It seems no more complicated than that.

Oh, and for anyone caring to speculate about 11/12 year rewards, Kurgan posted a spoiler alert back in early July that seems to point to what these rewards may be, it's still in the database somewhere!