• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vet reward gump vanished - Jeremy please read!

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already wrote a bug report, but I´m interested if anyone else has the same problem.

Around the day when pub 55 went active, I was still able to choose my last veteran gift (I saved one up for future rewards), and some hours later the reward choice gump didn´t open anymore when I logged in with my chars.
I already checked uo assist´s "auto cancel reward", logged in on different shards, and also started the uo client without using assist.
Nothing helped, and as always I got a canned response from the gm´s.

Anyone has the same problem?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, but then again I don't use UOA. Try logging out and in without having UOA running.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*points at her first post*

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that already.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*reads again*

Ah, guess I didn't read that carefully, lol.

Best guess would be to suggest you contact Jeremy. I am guessing that perhaps UOA tinkered with something in the game, perhaps altered a UO file or something like that?

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea Viper. Uhh do you know how I can contact her? I think she doesn´t read pms, does she?

I really hope that assist doesn´t redo my whole uo...lol

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea. Think PM is the best bet. Don't know her Email, not listed in her info here on stratics.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Viper for your help :)

I am 100% sure that she stated that she doesn´t read pm´s, and searching the forum for maybe 30 mins didn´t bring up her email.
Would be great if anyone who reads this and knows it would pm me or post Jeremy´s email.

B

Budweiser

Thanks Viper for your help

I am 100% sure that she stated that she doesn´t read pm´s, and searching the forum for maybe 30 mins didn´t bring up her email.
Would be great if anyone who reads this and knows it would pm me or post Jeremy´s email.

She does read her PM's....She helped me and a friend out on an account that was banned a day after he bought it from someone....She reads her PM's...keep trying.

B

BartofCats

I dont know how many you have saved up... but to me it sounds like you picked a reward and are looking for the gumps again... im just throwing this out there, but is it possible that your account age has "updated" and your not as old as you are supposed to be??

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it looks like I just picked the reward, but I didn´t. I mean, I saved that one choice now for nearly a year, it´s just one month more to my 96th month, and I was sooo happy when I saw the publish notes with the treestump, potted catus and the bloody pentagram. I was planning on using my gift choice as soon as pup 55 came out, but the gump disappeared. And before I´d choose one of the old gifts, I´d buy them cause they are for sale everywhere (just saw a char statue maker for 2.5mils!)

About the account age... I thought that for the first second too, but then, I saved that gift for around 11 months now, so I doubt that this is be the case.

Thanks Budweiser for the info, I´ll try to pm her!

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have posted about this too. Same problem but I got no where. I absolutely didn't take a reward and was waiting to see what came out. Then I lost my gump to pick and never got it back. I have checked UO assist and I don't have the box checked either. It was just there one day and gone the next. Really stinks. There is no help either, believe me I have tried.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well before I´ve been gone to work two days ago, I sent a pm to Jeremy. No answer yet.
I´ll send her an email when I come home from work tomorrow, and I really hope that I didn´t loose that one vet reward choice completley!

C

Capricious

Just to double check. No one else has access to your account right? It would be an easy thing to swipe and blame on a bug. EA -CAN- give you the dates when choices were made, at least my friends have before along with what was chosen via a GM. However this was before GM service was carted off overseas, so it may no longer be feasible. Can't hurt to page and ask them to check.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still no reply from Jeremy... maybe she has alot of other things to do.

Capricious, thanks for your suggestion!
No one accessed my accounts, the choice I have on my other acc is still there (too bad that one is a bit too young for the treestump reward).
I even thought about if I had picked the choice by accident and searched all of my chars, but there´s nothing.

I´ll wait some more days in case Jeremy replies, and if not, I´ll send her an email. But tbh I´m already waving my vet reward good bye.