• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vesper relay for life

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well some of the vendor are going up now but one of the vent next month vesper is hold is a relay for life to help fight cancer. not many remember but there was one dont by anne of O*S in 07 and i want to bring it back i my self have lost love to cancer and i still have a aunt fighting every day. and i know other have lost or won the fight and i think we as a shard should give make. show that we are all standing strong to help someone else see another Birthday

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly are we supposed to do with this event, Mare? Its not that clear. Just wear our sashes? Tell our stories?

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well the sash are the first step they will be sold throw out the month. on the 1oth we are doing a auction to kick it off all gold raid will be give to the relay and then at the end of the month the 31st we will be hold a race with a 10k enter feel that will go from the south gate to luna to umber

Last edited:

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and the auction will have item from the Musem that was gotten with the wood turn in and other item left over from the last time

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I helped Anne back in 07 ...it was a great time and raised lots of money. I still talk to her so I will let her know about it and see if I can get her to attend.
Last time we did a race, seems to me many ran naked ( except for their sash) with back packs empty. Old guys like me dont get naked in public so I just rode along ressing people.
Every one donated leet/ or semi leet items for the auction then we all show up and bid on them. We donated proceeds from our friday night hunts for the month.

I will search the back up drives and see what I have for pictures...and hit anne up to look too.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spoke with Anne Nomilly last night ....she was thrilled to find out that the relay of life event is going again. She commented on still having sashes and stuff from the original one she can donate. She also promised to look for pictures of the original event. I am working on getting her commitment to attend the run and auction. ( but she just bought a new house and is changing jobs too so she is a tad crazy just now) Actually I have known her for around 12 years...she is usually a tad crazy so right now she is freaking insane ! :)

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am been going throw some of the item for the auction. i will have to list put up soon but i am all so going to put everything on display at the vesper market/auction house for anyone to see to look at before the auction house

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the items are on display at the vesper market/auction house the house as you can see in the pic is right out side vesper by the vesper inn. The Display boxs are set to anyone but no one can take any they are lock down you can look but no touch :) these are just some of the items there is more to come i am just wait on some of the people to get with me

Attachments

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I helped Anne back in 07 ...it was a great time and raised lots of money. I still talk to her so I will let her know about it and see if I can get her to attend.
Last time we did a race, seems to me many ran naked ( except for their sash) with back packs empty. Old guys like me dont get naked in public so I just rode along ressing people.
Every one donated leet/ or semi leet items for the auction then we all show up and bid on them. We donated proceeds from our friday night hunts for the month.

I will search the back up drives and see what I have for pictures...and hit anne up to look too.
I am certain that Anne's expertise and past experience would be invaluable to the event.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would love to see anne again. i still have my sash from 2007 on kat and i wear it proud

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI = IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MY GOV EVENT BRING TO ME IN A PM. AND DON'T BOAST ABOUT IN IN LUNA. AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM DOING THIS, IS CUZ I HAVE LOST LOVE ONE TO CANCER. MY GRANDMOTHER IN 99 TO BRAIN CANCER, MY STEP GRANDMOTHER IN 2010 TO PANCREATIC CANCER AND MY AUNT FIGHT EVERY DAY STILL WITH LEUKEMIA.

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The First Vendor for the relay for life is up for our event that is coming up in aug, some of the sashs are up as well this is is set at the K^S vendor house right next to the lune library View attachment 22894
I have already purchased some sashes to wear and to stand and support this event! Kudos, and a big thank you Mare , K^S and all who stand with you. ~Blind Tom, [UP] and Jhakar, K^S

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are items for the Relay For Life Auction on August 10th : I will add more as I get the Info They are in no particular order...

1. Sword of Justice from the Vesper Museum
2. Mesanna Birthday Pie from Cats
3. I got my Bell Rung by Mesanna playing roulette : Auction will start @ 100 Mil - Buy it out now for 250 Mil
4. Thank You Catskills, I had fun ! Mesanna statuette
5. Frostguard Tailsman
6. Personal Attendant Token
7. Keeonean's Chainmail from the Vesper Museum
8. Unforgiven Veil
9. Brightblade (Gargoyle)
10. Storm Caller (Gargoyle)
11. Unicorn Mane Woven Talons
12. Soulstone Fragment
13. Mage - Tamer Jewelry Set
14. Staff of Sparks from Chesapeake 2010 4th of July celebration
15. Memorial Pie - Askua 15th Anniversary
16. Olmecian Access Orb from a Chesapeake EM Event a few years back
17 Stealable Statue & Vase set from the Stygian Abyss : 4 statues & 2 vases
18. Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak (Replica) +5 to Stealth - x 2
19. Breastplate of the Berserker
20. Resource Package 60k Regular Boards, 60k Iron Ingots, 60k Oak Boards
21. Jester Hat of Chuckles from Vesper Museum
22. Nystul's Wizards Hat from the Vesper Museum
23. Davie Jones Locker
24. Repond Slayer Spellbook
25. Spell Focusing Sash - x 2
26. Focusing Gem of the Virtue Bane - x 2
27. Hailstorm - Demon Slayer
28. Hailstorm - Arachnid Slayer
29. Legendary Detective of the Royal Guard Boots (Replica) +2 Int
30. Eldar Detective of the Royal Guard Boots (Replica) +3 Int
31. Replica of an empty Mysterious Crystal Display
32. Set of Mechanical Pets : Vollem/ Clockwork Scorpion/ Leather Wolf
33. 10th Anniversary Luck Statue - x 3
34. Forged Pardon - x 2
35. White Demon Skull
36. Replica of Lord British's Throne from the Vesper Museum
37 Red : Enormous Venus Flytrap

Last edited:

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you still collecting items for your auction Mare? I would like to gather some of my oddities and pass them to you for this cause.
Yes dear i am, can scream for me in gen chat or drop them off at the house's mail box if you like

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I proudly wear a TEAL sash (My Lt. Sash is dyed that color too) for Ovarian Cancer.

I'll tell you my personal story here.

I was just 16 years old when I found out my mother had ovarian cancer. A week into her diagnosis, she had exploratory surgery that ended with a fully hysterectomy, dual oophorectomy, partial removal of her intestines and a small part of her stomach. When she got out of this surgery, the doctor's were hopeful but still wanted her to undergo 6 months of chemotherapy as a preventive measure. During that time, it was evident she wasn't getting better. She was getting worse. I watched my mother die every day, a little bit more every day. She was diagnosed in April of 1991 and died on October 15th, 1991. Ovarian cancer is one of the most deadliest cancers a woman could get. Its silent... they call it the "Silent Killer"... and it absolutely wrecks your body (as cancer of any kind really), and those around you are left helpless to watch.

My mother was so kind, and so giving, and I was barely 17 when she died. And I learned more from her in those short seventeen years than I ever did in the rest of my life --- I turn 40 this year. So that alone can tell you how much she meant to me. I miss her everyday. Everyday there is something I wish to I could pick up the phone to tell her about.... every single day.

I work very close with the Ovarian Cancer Alliance: http://www.ovariancancer.org/ to eradicate this horrible disease and make women safer, live longer lives, and provide support to survivors --- whether they are survivors of the disease itself or those caregivers/loved ones that have survived the passing of someone close to them.

I thank you Mare Jade Sky (and in that extension Anne Nomilly) for creating such a great event!

Thank you!

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you are most welcome pandy. Cancer is the hard killer for family cuz you never know when the next day maybe your last when you have cancer, I was 15 all most 16 when my grandmother pass in 1999, and it was the hard thing i had ever gone throw to see a 74 year old women who was so strong and out going so loving, slowly slip away. even in 10 when my step grandma had past it was hard cuz i live so far away and couldnt say my good by see i was 7month along with my youngs, but i can stay i have my Aunt still she fight every day and we all stand behind her cuz unlike most the other cancer LEUKEMIA can not be removed by surgery.. So i do this in Real life and now in game to help those see another birthday another thankgiving another new years.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anything it just helps to put everything into perspective. For me it now reminds me of all the great things my mother accomplished in her short time on Earth; 54 years. She didn't let anything bog her down or get to her... and she let things go and didn't hold grudges. Life is short, let it go!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes dear i am, can scream for me in gen chat or drop them off at the house's mail box if you like
Excellent Mare, I will hop in tonight and gather some items. Then depending on the hour, will either give a shout out to you, or deliver items to your box. Um, where is your house?

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well my house is in fel not very safe for drops hehe but the vesper market house's mail box is all way open for drops and it a lot safer then fel hehe and it is just south of the vesper inn

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Mare, I dropped some items at the square in Vesper. I do have one other item I think might sell well, but would need the okay to offer it to the cause. If he agrees to it, I would like to offer Timberwolf's whispering rose. Not only is TW a reporter on Stratics, he is also a long standing and respected member of our community. I should think there would be many that would love to add such a treasure to their collection.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was never a reporter...........lol But I was a hated Moderator here on the Catskills forum, :)

I know a few people would like to see the rose burnt with a flame strike :)

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it ur name on the lovely rose then go for it Aedon i got ur item this morning and have place them out for all to see. the items i dont have as of yet are the slayer set one for throwing and one for swords

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok guy see there are so many item (witch i am SO thankful for) we are going to do some price bidding before the tenth if you see a item that is in one of the boxs and you want to make a privet bit for then please pm me for icq me thank you

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Rose actually has Timberwolf on it. I rescued it long ago from an IDOC. And yeah RW I forgot you were an evil Mod and not a trusted reporter. Either way though,. your name is a part of the history of this shard.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if he like to buy his rose out right that is fine i do feel everyone should have there rose with there name on if they can find them

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have offered TW his rose back. The choice is his, and I will not release the rose without his say so. Or maybe I will sell it to Flutter so she can torture the rose. Oh yes, a bit of ebil goes a long way. *winks*

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no way...she would want to spank me with it...and those thorns hurt like hell!
but seriously Aedon, put it up for auction and my opening bid stands. at 10 mill... it all goes to charity :)
Man of all the things to grab.....why didnt you grab the 7 soul stones and 10 frags full of skills...those I would have paid a princely sum for...lol
:O

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to grab what I could, but man those looters are so much faster than I am. I will be dropping the rose off later Mare,. You have a great opening bid on it.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to grab what I could, but man those looters are so much faster than I am. I will be dropping the rose off later Mare,. You have a great opening bid on it.
Ya it was a sad day when I realized a month later that I got my dates wrong and all my houses and items were forever gone! I cried and rode off thinking to never return.....but this game is like crack, and once an addict always an addict. Annie gave me my fix and got me hooked again :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya it was a sad day when I realized a month later that I got my dates wrong and all my houses and items were forever gone! I cried and rode off thinking to never return.....but this game is like crack, and once an addict always an addict. Annie gave me my fix and got me hooked again :)
This game is not so much crack as for the cracked. I keep vowing I will not be returning, and yet I still have my acct open and my house in Aegis.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here are items for the Relay For Life Auction on August 10th : I will add more as I get the Info They are in no particular order...

1. Sword of Justice from the Vesper Museum
2. Mesanna Birthday Pie from Cats
3. I got my Bell Rung by Mesanna playing roulette : Auction will start @ 100 Mil - Buy it out now for 250 Mil
4. Thank You Catskills, I had fun ! Mesanna statuette
5. Frostguard Tailsman
6. Personal Attendant Token
7. Keeonean's Chainmail from the Vesper Museum
8. Unforgiven Veil
9. Brightblade (Gargoyle)
10. Storm Caller (Gargoyle)
11. Unicorn Mane Woven Talons
12. Soulstone Fragment
13. Mage - Tamer Jewelry Set
14. Staff of Sparks from Chesapeake 2010 4th of July celebration
15. Memorial Pie - Askua 15th Anniversary
16. Olmecian Access Orb from a Chesapeake EM Event a few years back
17 Stealable Statue & Vase set from the Stygian Abyss : 4 statues & 2 vases
18. Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak (Replica) +5 to Stealth - x 2
19. Breastplate of the Berserker
20. Resource Package 60k Regular Boards, 60k Iron Ingots, 60k Oak Boards
21. Jester Hat of Chuckles from Vesper Museum
22. Nystul's Wizards Hat from the Vesper Museum
23. Davie Jones Locker
24. Repond Slayer Spellbook
25. Spell Focusing Sash - x 2
26. Focusing Gem of the Virtue Bane - x 2
27. Hailstorm - Demon Slayer
28. Hailstorm - Arachnid Slayer
29. Legendary Detective of the Royal Guard Boots (Replica) +2 Int
30. Eldar Detective of the Royal Guard Boots (Replica) +3 Int
31. Replica of an empty Mysterious Crystal Display
32. Set of Mechanical Pets : Vollem/ Clockwork Scorpion/ Leather Wolf
33. 10th Anniversary Luck Statue - x 3
34. Forged Pardon - x 2
35. White Demon Skull
36. Replica of Lord British's Throne from the Vesper Museum
37 Red : Enormous Venus Flytrap
@Lord Bytor will you please ICQ me to remind me of this event on the day of? I would love to attend. Thank you

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight's the Night ! Please join us at 8pm est for the Vesper Relay for Life Auction ! All for a good cause. Thank you for your support.