• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) VESPER blind auction MOVE TO FEB 15TH @ 5:30PM EST TIME

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this auction is going to be a little differnet there are bag full of item and you will be bidding on the bag you will never know what you get till you pay for the bag, and not a hit there no blackrock or trash in any of the bags

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mare Jade Dear, why is the event for tomorrow cancelled? We were able to get UORadio, with the help of Queen Mum, to push back the event by one hour to accommodate the Vesper Auction and I was so looking forward to attending. Please do not refrain from posting the reasoning for cancellation to the forums. I am sure we would all like to know why the event was cancelled or delayed as I know myself and others were looking forward to attending.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do to something said to me i have move it to another day it will be at 5:30 on FEB 15 2015

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to hear about the move of the Auction I was looking forward to attending this one. Other players who set up events need to read the schedule of events posted by Lady Pandy before choosing a date as Gov. Mare had this date well before any other event was posted to Stratics or Facebook. Bot events play a big role in Catskills and there was no need to double book a date when there was other dates available that could be chosen from. I'll look forward to Feb 15th to support Vesper

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I don't know exactly what happened. And I'll not speculate because it wasn't my guild. I can tell you from personal experience.. my guild knows about a month ahead of time.. if not more that I'm doing an event even if I haven't posted it yet.. we communicate. Or try to as best we can. It sounds like lines just got crossed and people didn't hear each other. Again, not my guild, not my chosen night, not my discussion...But I know all the events on this day.. were set by the same guild. Might want to look into that.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its all a misunderstanding that can be easily fixed by throwing folks into a room maybe towards the end of the month and saying "Okay guys, what we got going on this coming month?" Would that help folks out in event-planning? To have a meeting once a month, after the mid-month, to coordinate with each other? I have TeamSpeak or Skype available for this. I also have WebEx through my company. :)

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok first it wasnt just inkboy it was DJDoctor saying my event was a piss poor planing use time wise, i do talk to my guild about the upcoming event i want to plan be for i post them, and it not my fault if no read the event before they post there event and they only move there event back a hour when not one of my auction have only been a hour, my relay for life was over 4 hr long befor i had to call it a nite, this is not my fault but i am fixing it i move the data and i am sorry it have made people up set so i am but it will be okay, feb 15 will be a great day to fix it too

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
First off Its not the same guild who set up these events Only one person in common was Inkboy who was not the one who sets the dates for DOND or PIR its Queen Mum Mare does everything in her power to communicate her ideas to the guild and not her fault if someone overlooks them We use Facebook, Stratics, Ventrillo, and a weekly guild meeting to communicate. Queen Mum does not have access to these forms of communication so what happened here was they did not read the schedule of events before posting their own event, yes they did try to accommodate Mare's event by move the time to 8PM but all that does is put a rush on an event to finish before the next event starts and we all know you can't put a time limit on an Auction. Mare did her best to resolve this by compromising and moving the date of the Auction, there is no need to make her feel bad or guilty here.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DJDoctor saying my event was a piss poor planing use time wise
An Apology will go a long way for this !!!!

Mare you did NOTHING Wrong. You Posted the Event Dec 22nd 2014 the Bully Event was Posted on Dec 30th. I guess 8 days is not enough time for the people, who feel they are empowered not to read the Forums.

Last edited:

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
First off Its not the same guild who set up these events Only one person in common was Inkboy who was not the one who sets the dates for DOND or PIR its Queen Mum Mare does everything in her power to communicate her ideas to the guild and not her fault if someone overlooks them We use Facebook, Stratics, Ventrillo, and a weekly guild meeting to communicate. Queen Mum does not have access to these forms of communication so what happened here was they did not read the schedule of events before posting their own event, yes they did try to accommodate Mare's event by move the time to 8PM but all that does is put a rush on an event to finish before the next event starts and we all know you can't put a time limit on an Auction. Mare did her best to resolve this by compromising and moving the date of the Auction, there is no need to make her feel bad or guilty here.
Okay let's start by.. wasn't making anyone feel guilty. From an outside view.. Every one of ya, save Queen Mum is K^S. It was an observation. No need to get your panties in a twist, really. Especially since personally, I've (and the rest of the Rangers) have always attended as many of both Inks and Mares events as possible.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its all a misunderstanding that can be easily fixed by throwing folks into a room maybe towards the end of the month and saying "Okay guys, what we got going on this coming month?" Would that help folks out in event-planning? To have a meeting once a month, after the mid-month, to coordinate with each other? I have TeamSpeak or Skype available for this. I also have WebEx through my company. :)
No, I don't think it would really be worth doing that. We have maybe 4 players that run consistent events and have never really had an issue with scheduling before. I'm really sorry that Mare's event got overbooked but we now know when the UORadio people are doing their events. Let's just be glad they're here doing them again and remember not to book the 2nd Saturday of the month.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, folks.... I've known QM a long long long time... I've invited her to several of my events and she comes and gives us cookies. She's like the sweetest human being on the planet!!! Honestly... she's not a bully. QM is not one of those people. Understand that NO OTHER SHARD runs as much player-events (save for many Atlantic) as we do, we're a special shard that way. Its easy for them to situate their events on Sonoma and Pacific and Chessy and etc. etc. because those shards don't have an almost FULL calendar, so to her credit she's only going by her own experience.

Before any panties are twisted in this issue, let's take a step back... BREATHE.... and talk to each other, politely.

(On that note, am I really the Voice of Reason today?!?! It will be short lived I am sure... hehe)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I don't think it would really be worth doing that. We have maybe 4 players that run consistent events and have never really had an issue with scheduling before. I'm really sorry that Mare's event got overbooked but we now know when the UORadio people are doing their events. Let's just be glad they're here doing them again and remember not to book the 2nd Saturday of the month.
Thom, collectively they are doing 3-4 events a month plus other events that Inkboy's doing, plus this... plus that... its not just one day.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thom, collectively they are doing 3-4 events a month plus other events that Inkboy's doing, plus this... plus that... its not just one day.
I can see 2 days really that they are doing, Deal or No Deal and Price is right on one day and find the DJ on another. Unless im mistaken Inkboy is affiliated with them but that doesn't make all his events theirs. And let's not forget that Inkboy's own event was scheduled over as well. I think I may be one of the few that realizes that this month they did find the dj half an hour before his auction started last night. Maybe instead of bothering with a meeting we should just ask if there's a set schedule and make the little bit of extra effort it requires to schedule around the multi shard events ran by UORadio. I for one am glad they are doing them.

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I by all means am not saying I don't like DoND, the PIR, or UORadio I love them it just they overlooked this months event schedule it is a minor oversight but the things that were said to Mare in General Chat was uncalled for IMHO and she deserves to get an Apology. Mare felt instead of rushing her Auction to change the dates to avoid any overlap or anyone missing an event that we all love. Ink Boy has done nothing wrong, but try to have UORadio reschedule their event, but understandably since these events are multi-shard it is hard for them to change things without advance notice. We all know now that UORadio will hold their events on the second Saturday of each month on Cats so we can schedule accordingly. I in no way have my panties in a crunch I just do not like it when someone puts blame on a guild member or my guild I am in.

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It saddens me that this situation has become such an issue. Despite any disruptions it may cause, I am extremely pleased that we were able to maintain UORadio back on our shard and yes I am affiliated with them as a DJ when my crazy schedule allows. They are by no means bullies, but they have been doing events for over ten years on the shards, despite their recent return to Catskills. While I apologize that Saturday's events had some overlapping, Queen Mum was accommodating in pushing back Deal or No Deal and Price is Right by one hour to accommodate the Vesper Auction.

As you all know now, UORadio holds Deal or No Deal and PIR the second Saturday of every month. I host my events on the second and fourth Friday of every month at 8:30pm ET. The Catskills Lottery is drawn every Saturday at 10:00pm ET but does not require a physical presence to win.

That being said, as some of you know, I am building an additional game show studios to the East of The Community Center to add on two, additional, Elven Song sponsored game shows -- however before I publish these I will post to ensure that we all communicate on dates/times to ensure they do not conflict with anyone else or any Tavern crawls.

UORadio was also nice enough, yesterday, to end Find the DJ earlier than usual and to also enter into our auction which benefits not only our free raffle and other events at Elven Song, but which has a portion of funds going to benefit the Brit Library, as Mare Jade's event was specifically focused on the Vesper museum.

I hope we can move forward, past this, without any hard feeling or ill intentions. As for DJ Doc, I know him rather well and while he may be a bit 'blunt' in how he expresses himself it is not done so in a malicious way. We really need to remember, at the end of the day, despite how much time and effort we put into Ultima it is indeed simply a game and we should not allow others to impact us too greatly.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not seen where UO Radio's events were posted for Catskills stating that they are doing them EVERY 2nd Saturday before Mare Jade's post in December 22nd, so no one really knew that. I think that's where its confusing for many of us. No one's fault!!! Just lack of communication between parties on how Catskills events work here. That's not anyone's fault. And Inkboy has confirmed to me personally that he sponsors UO Radio here on Catskills by paying the fee to host it here.

I love ALL the events, just want better communication between all the folks that run events so we're:

A) not trampling over each other by posting events that are so close in hour to each other (I could see events being held same day, but we should give folks a break in between in my opinion) and,
B) not forcing our small, but growing, population to have to split between events ~OR~ have to block out 4-5 hours of their time because events are held back to back, sort of speaking.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, things were moved and that was very kind of you guys. Thank you. I had planned on going to both and rather enjoy these Events UO Radio puts on. With that being said, everything was still a go with the Events and everyone was happy. Now the tricky part -- As for DJ Doc, I know him rather well and while he may be a bit 'blunt' in how he expresses himself it is not done so in a malicious way. --- Then a simple Apology for being so blunt would do just nicely and go a long way. Just sayin ...

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I would like to say more. I accept the "um, you want me to say I'm sorry. Um I'm sorry" I consider this matter closed. Thank you all.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at the bigger picture folks. Catskills is so busy and bustling with activities that we have now actually reached the point where it isn't so easy to not overlap events. That is the good part behind this. Now we will just have to implement a little communication among the event holders and we will be able to move on from this and hopefully prevent it in the future.

Ink, I have know you a long time brother, and I know that this wasn't intentional on your part. Your work since you've returned has been immeasurable. You have not done anything wrong. That being said, let's double, triple, quadruple and even quintuple check that schedule as much as we can ahead of time to allow for any potential mishaps in the scheduling to be addressed.

Mare, your work has also been immeasurable, and I ask you to please not hold this against anyone (save for the unprofessional comment about your time management skills). Anyone who has any sort of connection with Catskills knows how careful and cooperative you are when it comes to setting an event so that it doesn't conflict with anyones else's. That sort of talk was unwarranted and came out of nowhere. The double booking was an oversight and is not the end of the world. Let's learn from this and move on more educated and better equipped to handle this situation in the future... should it arise.

Moving forward, let's keep frequent tabs on the event schedule frequently so that ample time is permitted to communicate and possible conflicts of time are avoided.

And again guys! We have so many events going on that there are not nearly enough days in a month to hold them all! This is a good thing. You all should be proud of yourselves!