• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

very worried........

S

sallie

i have'nt read all the posts, I just got home the vets hospital AGAIN!!!
But I was looking for anything from Dor...I hope and pray she is ok.....

S

sallie

it's not that we missed anything...it's just that she goes and sets up a kiosk or table at a lot of street fairs like the one in Santa Monica to sell her art work and I was just wondering if she was there....

G

Ah phew, got me a bit worried as well. Just hope she wasn't there then.

[edit]
As i just checked her last post is only about 4hours old i guess she wasn't there /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif.
[/edit]

P

Peaches

My uo friend and his father were there at the market having lunch 15 minutes prior to the accident. They were truly very lucky to not have been there when it happened.

B

bug

does she live down that far?? i was under the impression she lived more upstate around vacaville or fairfield area???

D

Dor of Sonoma

*hugs* I'm fine, hon...thanks for your concern! :)

I am currently working the Forest Faire* in Marin County, California (North Bay Area), through August 10th...which is why I've been scarcer here than usual, of late. I do be paintin' Pirates, these here days...whole heaps o' Pirates an' Jack Rackham flags an' such. HAR!

*grins around blade clenched in teeth*

(by the way, I do not have cable TV...what happened?)

*http://www.forestfaire.com

S

sallie

WHEW!!!! *hugs DOR* . There was a car driven by a senior citizen that went through one of the blocked off streets killing 9 ppl and injuring several others. It happened down in Santa Monica. I don't know If you go that far south, but struggling,starving artists will go just about any place.... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif very glad your ok... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

D

Dor of Sonoma

*wry grin*

Struggling, starving artists only travel as far as their funky old cars will take them. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

How are you doing? I am sorry to hear you were back in the hospital...grrrr. :-\

G

Glad to hear ye are ok, Dor. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Ye should do an art show in these forums one day so we all could see ye work ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

hehe well see IF a teen may drive bad , can be lack of experience or youthful exhuberance gone amuck drag racing..ie that what got me into trouble at 18 drag racing /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif But ye see..often they still live with parents, so they can ground ya take away the car keys etc.

lemme tell ya I WISH I coulda done that with my elderly uncles ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif lol I had 2 of em..at one extreme was UNKA Tony..he never went over 20mph even ON the freeways. Boy did I hate to have to have HIM pick me up at the airports to visit my mom after my dad died. Then there was UNKA Paul..speed deamon from hell in his youth and HE never changed. Now frankly there is no way u can take away the car keys or ground a 79 yr old man LOL WHEW DOGGIES..as his vision failed and reflexes he still did mach 10 on the streets even where it said 45mph he was doing 90 ! SHEEESH. Ya can not TELL the old ones NOT to drive no more ..nor take away their car keys nor ground em..but sure wish I could have a few times !

Luckily there ARE people whom drove all their lives when they do get older still use common sense and realise that maybe they are not having reactions as fast as they once did ..nor seeing nor hearing as well, or that their meds can screw up their vision and they opt NOT to drive no more they still have sense to know when they can endanger others...but ya take some like my two uncles dunno if it a guy thing or not and even pushin 80 they still think they stud muffins and can drive like when they were 25 or 40 or even 60 lol NOT !

In many an insurance office the rates for new teen drivers are sky high till they hit 25 ie some insta maturity level they thought up ..they see the same problems at the other end when we all are about to check OUT of life and driving but they do not DO anything about it really ! Not sure why that is..guess they figure it be some insult to them all to up their rates as being riskier drivers past 70...but I am from the baby boom generation...OMG some day like 20 yrs from now the USA will have like THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of senile old foggies ON THE ROADS and I may be one OF EM ! so LOOK OUT YALL !

Its sad when 9 people loose their lives with any car or driver somehow flying out of control thru a crowd like that. COULD be some mechanical failure of the vehicle..could been maybe some one may be TOO old to drive ! I hope in 20 yrs they sort of solve that dilemma of what exactly to say or do when WE all get too old to drive ! Personally I think I wont drive when i get way older,..but many prob will keep on driving when they get up there in age 20+ yrs from now...and it will be that ex pot head HIPPIE generation, i belong to doing the driving, lol god help us all ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif jk

W

Walker of LS

Glad to hear you're having fun painting pirates!! Do you have any pics of the pirate stuff on your web page yet?/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I loved Pirates of the Caribbean. I want a Jolly Roger (is that what its called) flag for my car's antenna. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif