Very odd problem with KR

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

nateee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? I can no longer log into KR on Great Lakes shard with my desktop. I can however log onto Atlantic with the same computer. I can also log on with my laptop on both shards. Any Sugestions?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Snide comment above aside, make a copy of the User Data folder (My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online\User Data) as a backup and try deleting that folder then logging in. COnversely, copy that folder from your laptop to the desktop in the same place and see if that works.

nateee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 8, 2004
ill give it a try...I still find it odd that I can log into one shard and not the other.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Hi Natee,

I had something like this happen to me about a year ago where I could log on with one computer and not the other computer. There was a thread about it under the Kingdom Reborn Forum but I couln't find it. I think it was Miss Echo or some lady that had done alot of research because quite a few people were having similiar problems and she figured out what part of the problem was:

If I remember correctly the answer to problem lied in the files located In "My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online\User Data\accountname\shard\ character.

Basically for whatever reason the character files can become corrupt. So on their suggestion I deleted my character files which meant I lost my macros/toolbars etc but I was able to log back in with all the characters and set it back up.

This may or may not be your problem but it's worth a shot and if you delete them all your losing is the macros you have set.

Hopefully this works for you. Wish you luck.:thumbup1: