• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!) Fixing Connection Problems (Updated: 3:21 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

well im downloading another update, hopfully the fix

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

At first we thought we had it, but we're stuck getting our Sockets sterilized.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's going to leave a mark.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds painful.

G

All right Adam.. fess it up how you getting these...lol each time you post I follow right after.. and nothing.. uuggggg. send me the secret dude... Im getting to login.. but still poofing at 100%..lol

J

JesseLeeIt'sME

I'm going to stomp my feet cry like a baby and throw stuff in about a few secoonds. I'm just not going to make sure its NOT my Laptop.... I wanna PLAY WAAAHHHHHH lol

For all your cooking Creativity and Charisma needs please gome see SweetRain and I at CreativityNBooksNCharm Free Food and lots of Love

We are looking for a roomate that can stay on past 11pmCentral time if your interested please Instant Message me.

Love Ya my Sim friends<font color="purple"> </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for the Teen rating.. does the ESRB know about this?

W

WolfPrince

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jafo.. lol your a weirdo.. im just having fun i aint bitchin or complaining.. its people like you who ruin the fun for everyone else so back off me [censored]. learn who n what ur dealing with be4 opening your mouth
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL... CUZ I KNOW PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO SO SHUSH

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take things personal, I just destroy sims..

[/ QUOTE ]

The proper term is "Avatars"

[/ QUOTE ]
your a buncha bull youd be calling it sims if it wasnt stupid EA LAND &lt;.&lt; and still TSO so shush lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

to be fair my sockets were sterilized years ago, have you seen a doctor about that?

I

Isimsalotta

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try pouring the rum on thee Sockets ~ just may work!

I

ImNotaGoodSim

well im all tso player ealand that ealand this avatar that avatar this.. it wil always be sims for me.. n you destroy sims is right LOL

People take this game way too serious sometimes..

im all for people with this down time bs... but for people to take out on others you guys need a life seriously lol

J

jasminemoon

Well, I slept most of the day..I'm recovering from walking pneumonia, doesn't that stink?

Anyhoo, I didn't even attempt to log on until like 8pm CST so I suppose my frustration level hasn't reached it's highest level...yet..and like others have proclaimed they are, I tend to be a very patient person (a lot more than most people and I've had others tell me so). So if I had been attempting to log on since the beginning of the "down time", I'd probably be losing it right now, too, fortunately, I'm not there.. yet ---&gt; "never say never"

BUT, the reason for my post is really this:

I know from past experience that the devs won't come on and tell us even an approximate time of when the servers will be back up OR what they are working on, because from THEIR experience, they know that if they do, and if it doesn't happen in that time period, or the way "we expected". "We" players get even more cranky and even begin horrible flaming posts.

So, yeah, it's likely they won't tell us anything.

BUT, since I haven't tried to logon all day, when I login it gave me a small update, and then attempted to install another update that it couldn't access because the servers are down. I figure that if it's taking THIS long to get the servers back up and running, it must be something pretty big? Right?

Because I'm a re-sim (from the long ago TSO days) and haven't been back very long now: I'm curious, what happened after you all logged in after the servers being down an entire day last time? Was something great added within that week?

Being an optimistic, I'm hoping that, even though this was posted only yesterday, that this has something to do with it:

"We will be doing various pieces of the gifting and amnesty over the next 2-3 weeks. And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week. When we are sure an aspect is working we will let you know via the blog.

Thanks,

Greg"

It is "this week" ya'll, even though it may be a lot sooner than expected, they may be preparing to do just that, right now, while we are all having withdrawals.

I'm not saying that when we log back on that it will be there, but I'm sure it takes a lot of time and preparation to attach the right things to the correct accounts...so this downtime may be likely more akin to something much greater this week, we HAVE been told that things will happen THIS WEEK. AND they aren't going to tell us what exactly they are doing, because if it doesn't happen..same thing as above...

So, I am going to assume that they are doing just that! That they are working on some big stuff that they said was going to begin this week.

In the meantime, although I'm looking for the silver lining, I'm as bummed out as ya'll are, I want to play the game, NOW
..but I'm not going to let it upset me too much if I can help it.

I'm not saying that you guys shouldn't vent, I would probably do the same if I had been waiting all day..I'm just trying to add some hope to those that are feeling hopeless/helpless.

I just checked to see if I could get on the servers and I see that we are getting an 11.4 MB update...sounds like a big one to me...although, like I said, I haven't played in awhile *shrug*

Wuv to all,
Jasmine Moon

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jafo.. lol your a weirdo.. im just having fun i aint bitchin or complaining.. its people like you who ruin the fun for everyone else so back off me [censored]. learn who n what ur dealing with be4 opening your mouth
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL... CUZ I KNOW PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO SO SHUSH

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take things personal, I just destroy sims..

[/ QUOTE ]

The proper term is "Avatars"

[/ QUOTE ]
your a buncha bull youd be calling it sims if it wasnt stupid EA LAND &lt;.&lt; and still TSO so shush lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a bright lil' ray of sunshine arent you?

G

another update? 6.8mb?

maybe the fix ?

maybe me just be silly?

maybe shes seen a doctor about her sockets?

I

ImNotaGoodSim

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the noise is hurtin my ears!!!!!

lol i dunno im just here to make fun of whats goin on

me personally dont care how long it takes cuz theres always tomorrow

but seriously EaLand World Part 2 was awesome lmao

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

another update? 6.8mb?

maybe the fix ?

maybe me just be silly?

maybe shes seen a doctor about her sockets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not getting any update here..

G

now an 8.4mb update.

ive been updated more times then well urmmm.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

i have one question ...( please dont bash on this question) somebody was saying that free players are just as important, i agree 100% but i guess i most have missed out when they were talking abt free players. why are the just as important IF they cant do anywhere unless its like in a res or welcome house. how does that make somebody wanna keep playing and pay for it? im NOT nagging i just was never told why they went abt it like that.

again im not trying to nag or be a smart a**

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone may have already answered this but in TC3 free players have access to all areas...that is where most free players play - and TC3 is down as well as EA Land so even though we don't pay we are missing out on as much as you are as a paying player. I personally am frustrated but I don't think the devs are sitting there laughing at all our posts thinking "ha ha we got them didn't we", obviously there is a genuine problem and I am sure the are working diligently to get it fixed. I am sure that they will be just as glad to get EA Land as well as TC3 back online.

G

I'm getting to the screen for avatar selection, but there is no city in the box and it boots me when I click, lol. Don't think its there yet

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I got the 6.8mb update hours ago. I just figured it was them removing all those old emails they put in my inbox from the first 11.4mb download.

G

This thread is closed now - please follow the link to Lee's new thread that updates the connection problem:

click me!

For the brand-new venting thread, please click here here.
Thanks (and hang in there),
Aster

Status
Not open for further replies.