• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!) Fixing Connection Problems (Updated: 3:21 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alohaskills

Awesome! Looks like my siggy works, and even shows that at least someone at my house was able to log on tonight!! Guess I'll keep trying too

S

Sims2

I'm sure the dev's can't predict the exact time limit for the city being offline.
Unexpected things happen, and causes offline time to be longer than anticipated.

Honestly... they could take the game offline for 3 whole days, and as long as things got fixed... I really wouldn't care.

People need to realize that no one is forcing you to play this game... if you have so many problems with the way things are going... then don't play.
There are probably more than enough people who are dedicated to playing this game, and are greatful for everything the dev's are trying to accomplish... so I'm sure a few cranky people cancelling their accounts isn't really going to bother anyone.

There's just way too much negativity towards this game, and it's disgusting.
There are certain things that are going on with this game that, yeah... suck... but I still find ways to enjoy playing the game... and I'm sure there are others that agree.

IT'S A GAME... it's not the end of the world if you can't play for a day, or two, or three.

And I'm sure there are 2903847 people that are going to attack me for posting this, but I really don't care

I love this game... if I complained about it as much as some people... I wouldn't be paying $10 a month to play it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am gong to agree with you on this one it happens. will get fixed when it gets fixed.

if it gets rushed than problem not fixed than more downtime.

J

Jafo

I think reasonable people will handle a day or two of downtime to fix issues, but EVERY WEEK? I can see why these downtime threads are getting nastier over time.

I

ImNotaGoodSim

WELCOME TO EALAND WORLD PART 2
WHERE CONNECTIONS ARE BROKEN
SIMS ARE ANGRY
DEVS BEHIND THE SCENCE DO NOTHING

WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON TONIGHTS SHOW OF EALAND WORLD PART 2

STAY TUNE.......

G

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit messing with your keyboard and fix this issue, I wanna upload custom content

Just playin' ... My wife says I can use a night away from EA-Land. Pft, what does she know

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever Ea-Land is down my husband assures me that it's simply God's way of telling me to get a life.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just waiting for them Parizad to tell us that they didn't get anything accomplished and that they are gonna open EA-Land back up.

G

glass_angel

<blockquote><hr>

I think reasonable people will handle a day or two of downtime to fix issues, but EVERY WEEK? I can see why these downtime threads are getting nastier over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed...and if it is going to be days...just let us know? and if it is days...credit they paying accounts the extra days that were lost.....

G

Wow almost missed this post in the mist of all the angry ones....FYI... Well least server back up yes.. but still poofing after login goes to 100 so not anywhere better then was before they took it down.

G

Pari hunny my only question is since its down anyway can i have my cc they approved but deleted when we come back? I will be your bestest friend for life.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever Ea-Land is down my husband assures me that it's simply God's way of telling me to get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a life, but its down at the moment, hope to get it up and running asap.

NO ETA.

LOL im joking :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit messing with your keyboard and fix this issue, I wanna upload custom content

Just playin' ... My wife says I can use a night away from EA-Land. Pft, what does she know

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what my wife tries to say but, as much as she denies it, she's a TSO junkie too

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I agree Wolfprince! I've been playing TSO for almost 6 years and nothing like this has ever happened in that time. Even when the game does go back up it will be late and have to work tomorrow so there goes another lost day of whatever you call it these days, (TSO or EALAND)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure something like this has happened before! A month or so ago as a matter of fact!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget early 2003 when AV was down the better part of a week due to some unkown issue. Was one of the few times I actually got credit for the days the game was down.

I

independent117

i have one question ...( please dont bash on this question) somebody was saying that free players are just as important, i agree 100% but i guess i most have missed out when they were talking abt free players. why are the just as important IF they cant do anywhere unless its like in a res or welcome house. how does that make somebody wanna keep playing and pay for it? im NOT nagging i just was never told why they went abt it like that.

again im not trying to nag or be a smart a**

L

Luvkittys7

The servers are down right now. There is an easy way to tell if the problem you are having is your computer or a Sims problem. Go up and click on Sims Online Stratics to get to the home page. On the right top area of that page you will see an area that shows Server Status. If it does not show the name (EALand or Test Center 3) and a green circle beside it, then consider that game to be down at the moment.

If I'm wrong about any of this feel free to correct me. It's just what I've deduced in my short whirlwind of Sim Adventures.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i have one question ...( please dont bash on this question) somebody was saying that free players are just as important, i agree 100% but i guess i most have missed out when they were talking abt free players. why are the just as important IF they cant do anywhere unless its like in a res or welcome house. how does that make somebody wanna keep playing and pay for it? im NOT nagging i just was never told why they went abt it like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if all of us paying members are nice to them and can put up with thier rudeness, they might just become paying members

J

Jafo

Well, I have seen a little progress, I can login, but all the cities are down..

D

DjMacDaddy01201

ImNotaGoodSim the devs are doing stuff try fix the problem its people like you that sohuld try fix it but probley would crash the whole game give them time i know it sucks play something els I hope they get sick of people pancakes shut game down for week that would be funny

I

imported_Fire Dragon

I think Parizad or another helper said not too long ago that that green dot, for server status was not entirely accurate.

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

ImNotaGoodSim the devs are doing stuff try fix the problem its people like you that sohuld try fix it but probley would crash the whole game give them time i know it sucks play something els I hope they get sick of people pancakes shut game down for week that would be funny

[/ QUOTE ]

So would a mass subscription cancellation..

M

misstead

Has there been any new updates. I am telling you all they need to designate one person to update us more often. We are paying for this, I know it is beta, I know what beta means, I work with customers all the time, I know with out customers I wouldn't have a job. I wished they would think about that. Updates would be nice and the least they could do for their paying customers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

....I hope they get sick of people pancakes shut game down for week that would be funny

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats horrible, you're a bad bad person... bite your tongue... lol

G

I guess thats our answer !! if she dont say NO ETA for a while means not looking good in the year 2008

G

<blockquote><hr>

Because if all of us paying members are nice to them and can put up with thier rudeness, they might just become paying members

[/ QUOTE ]

very interesting comment,,,
anyways,,, anything recent,Pari ???

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I sooooooooo hope it comes on soon! If it dont I will literally DIE!!!

http://signature.ealandmania.net/TC3-02-05-16658.png

http://signature.ealandmania.net/TC3-01-05-8456037.png

[/ QUOTE ]

No you won't. I hope it comes back soon too!

To everyone: Still no ETA.

I'm gonna go work on the simoleans stuff and other things. Don't freak out if I don't say "No ETA" every five mins for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i love hearing the sound of devs typing/tapping on their keys

G

Sometimes it's a little delayed... but i usually check on both stratics AND tsomania for when the city is online.

Even though the city might be up a few minutes before the green lights come on, I find that when they're on, it's usually accurate.

A

ama1997

Ok it most likely wont be up tonight. Fine take a few days thats cool with me, but let us know why. A bit more detail would be great. I think thats all most of us want. Ok its a connection thing. Well what type of connection thing. Did the connection fairy come in because she was psst at someone. Someone unplug something they shouldn't have. Like most of the people Its not that big of a deal that its down. The thing is they want to know why or alittle more details on why. I pay for my internet if it goes down fine its not the end of the world. But I like to know why. If my cable goes out the same. I want to know why. I dont see what the big deal is we pay to play this game it is down we should have some detailed info on why its down.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

What's eta
(i'm a dumb newbie)

[/ QUOTE ]

Estimated Time of Arrival

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao aint that the truth lol

G

A young norwegian guy cant sleep, because he has to stay up and read Parizad's funny comments on the boards..

What a night, what A night I tell ya'll

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Because in TC3 we can do anything paying players can in EAL. Not to mention many of us are returning TSO players that paid for many months if not years, we should expect something in return for all that loyalty when the game really did go downhill and was hemoraging players every day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What's eta
(i'm a dumb newbie)

[/ QUOTE ]

ETA = Estimated Time Of Arrival... I think

K

Kellyn

Well I'm just going to go to bed after I watch Ghosthunters and hope that all is well when I get to play again tomorrow afternon. I am not even going to think about EA Land anymore tonight. Have a super night all!
Kellyn~

Ok I can't stop thinking about Ea Land, I need a Sim shrink.....

I

ImNotaGoodSim

Jafo.. lol your a weirdo.. im just having fun i aint bitchin or complaining.. its people like you who ruin the fun for everyone else so back off me [censored]. learn who n what ur dealing with be4 opening your mouth
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL... CUZ I KNOW PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO SO SHUSH

G

<blockquote><hr>

ETA = Estimated Time Of Arrival... I think

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks

G

getting out the pop corn popper, putting my feet up, this show is better then a comedy movie

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

Jafo.. lol your a weirdo.. im just having fun i aint bitchin or complaining.. its people like you who ruin the fun for everyone else so back off me [censored]. learn who n what ur dealing with be4 opening your mouth
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take things personal, I just destroy sims..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take things personal, I just destroy sims..

[/ QUOTE ]

The proper term is "Avatars"

G

<blockquote><hr>

well im downloading another update, hopfully the fix

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

At first we thought we had it, but we're stuck getting our Sockets sterilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.