• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!) Fixing Connection Problems (Updated: 3:21 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

This has been going on ALL day today. Seems like everytime i get time to play EALand it's down, it's happening a lot more than usual
If it aint lag it's down for some reason or another. Sorry i'm just venting and tired of everyone saying have patience. I do have patience but really, enough is enough.
and my patience has worn thin

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that emotion..

G

I think Parizad jinxed us with the original post of server going down for update and shouldn't be more then an hour.... I thought that when I read it.... but here we are 7/8 hr later... LOL.. NO MORE JINX.... but yea would be nice to know what type of issue.. connectivity issue isn't very clear I mean we all know we can't connect.. but not why we can't... Was it the update? can it be rolled back??? Will we be up tonight.. will they leave and go home and let us wonder? I mean everyone has questions... we all just looking for more clarity? Don't think that's alot to ask.... but us not getting it.. makes us all uneasy and jittery and all that.. since we are all sim attics..

G

glass_angel

<blockquote><hr>

This has been going on ALL day today. Seems like everytime i get time to play EALand it's down, it's happening a lot more than usual
If it aint lag it's down for some reason or another. Sorry i'm just venting and tired of everyone saying have patience. I do have patience but really, enough is enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

starting to agree...just the other night was same thing. evenings only time to play and its down

i think we should get 247% skill speed for the same amount of time as we are down once it goes back up to make up for lost time lol

good thing is, i think i completed my first re-patterened chair for cc during all this down time!

W

WolfPrince

<blockquote><hr>

and my patience has worn thin

[/ QUOTE ]
enough is enough they shouldnt have messed the game up in the first place ehh? i can care less about free accounts and about custom content as too it seems they made it sucky and there is not enough help to even get you started unless your some computer freak or something :/ I WANT TO PLAY THE SIMS ONLINE NOT SOME EA-LAND THAT SUCKS &lt;.&lt; wtf are they even thinking anyways? Sure im glad they are trying to fix it for us... but if they never messed it up in the first place... WED ALL BE HAPPY CAMPERS IM SURE!!!!

J

jenee

lmao ya it would be nice.but they never give us sh&amp;&amp; after they are down 4 hours n hours.i mean damn whouldt they be pist off if they where us.DEVS JUST WALK IN ARE SHOES AND YOU WILL SEE WHY WE ARE UPSET.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think Parizad jinxed us with the original post of server going down for update and shouldn't be more then an hour.... I thought that when I read it.... but here we are 7/8 hr later... LOL.. NO MORE JINX.... but yea would be nice to know what type of issue.. connectivity issue isn't very clear I mean we all know we can't connect.. but not why we can't... *Was it the update? can it be rolled back??? Will we be up tonight.. will they leave and go home and let us wonder? I mean everyone has questions... we all just looking for more clarity? Don't think that's alot to ask.... but us not getting it.. makes us all uneasy and jittery and all that.. since we are all sim attics..

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it matter if we knew what type of issue? What can we do to help?
*The main answer to many of the questions in bold above are: "Who Knows?" Also, read a few posts back on what I said about timeframes.

They would let us know if they were going to keep the game closed throughout the night as they have done in the past.

R

rockyswifey

When will it be back up?"?? does anybody know?? How much longer

D

Doxie02

enough is enough they shouldnt have messed the game up in the first place ehh? i can care less about free accounts and about custom content as too it seems they made it sucky and there is not enough help to even get you started unless your some computer freak or something :/ I WANT TO PLAY THE SIMS ONLINE NOT SOME EA-LAND THAT SUCKS &lt;.&lt; wtf are they even thinking anyways? Sure im glad they are trying to fix it for us... but if they never messed it up in the first place... WED ALL BE HAPPY CAMPERS IM SURE!!!!

I agree Wolfprince! I've been playing TSO for almost 6 years and nothing like this has ever happened in that time. Even when the game does go back up it will be late and have to work tomorrow so there goes another lost day of whatever you call it these days, (TSO or EALAND)

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometime soon

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody knows, and part of me feels they want it this way.. Drives more traffic here.

D

Doxie02

Been hearing sometime soon all dang day
so that's not the truth lol

R

Riley-

Hang in there Devs. Have a good night all
See ya's tomorrow. *waves and stuff*

I

imported_herk1287

Probably not tonight, they will probably keep off till maintenance like last time, anyone agree?

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Been hearing sometime soon all dang day
so that's not the truth lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometime in the near future

G

<blockquote><hr>

l.DEVS JUST WALK IN ARE SHOES AND YOU WILL SEE WHY WE ARE UPSET.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the same could be said for them, im sure they are just as commited to getting this right as we want it, you have to remember that this is a game and that like ALL games when updates happen there can be issues we can moan for hours and hours but its not going to get them moving anyfaster or get you anywhere, so if you are super unhappy and are paying then i suggest you stop paying use the free account option on TC3 and when the game is out of BETA status then maybe you might want to start paying again.
I am commited to EA-land as i was commited to TSO, and will love the game always and i thank all the guys that have worked so hard and getting to where it is, Yes there is down time but if you would rather them take the game offline untill they have it ready for full no beta version then im sure then can arrange that.

G

Not that it matters, nor could we be able to help.. but it would keep us from feeling as most are in all the previous post.. UPSET... it would calm peoples tempers.. just more info is all anyone here ever asks for.. as paying customers.. we should know what is going on... Sorry.. I'm not trying to whine here.. just want clarity is all.. I know they are working on it.. we all know that.. and we all know they work there butts off for us.. but, as most have stated in the past when it comes to INFO... we don't get much when there are issues like this.. it might help... as to calm peeps down some...

4LadyJ

After several attempts and reading blogs on here and EA-land. It's another day of simaholics to find something else to do.

<font color="purple"> </font> I know it's getting late in CA...but an update would be great.

R

rockyswifey

<blockquote><hr>

Go to sleep and play fresh tomorrow
))

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Some people dont like sleeping early they like staying up playing LOL..

J

jenee

WELL IM NOT GOING TO STOP PLAYING BUT THEY COULD AT LEAST ANSWER US OR LET US KNOW SOMETHING.I THINK ITS JUST MAKING EVERONE PIST BECAUSE ITS BEEN HAPPEN ALOT THESE DAYS.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

psstt Danny... In 2008?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much so in 2008

Dontcha worry!

C

Cashew

I am not a cheerleader by any means, I can whine and complain with the best of them. I quit back in 2005 because I had had enough but I am going to come to the defense of the Devs on this one.
I am guessing that the connectivity problems aren't something that is their fault. Devs are just what the abbreviation suggests....Developers. They are not server gurus. All was supposed to go well when they moved the servers something obviously didn't. The server guru's or a 3rd party that EA hired screwed up.
I am married to a server guru in another state that has absolutely nothing to do with EA, he has nothing to do with any part of development of anything anywhere. His job is to keep people's servers up and running.
The situation here may be completely different, but the dev's #1 job isn't to keep the servers up, they are probably pretty frustrated by something somewhat out of their control right now and they are trying to do the best they can.

You can choose to completely ignore me, I just had to listen to my husband vent about his job. He just went back to work after medical leave and had to listen to customer complaints all day because he works with so many incompetent people. It just got me thinking about all the things that go on behind the scenes that we don't understand that keep us up and running.

P

Pixified

It's 'pissed' not 'pist'.
Sorry I couldn't hear you say it one more time...lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree Wolfprince! I've been playing TSO for almost 6 years and nothing like this has ever happened in that time. Even when the game does go back up it will be late and have to work tomorrow so there goes another lost day of whatever you call it these days, (TSO or EALAND)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure something like this has happened before! A month or so ago as a matter of fact!

G

Can you change your day off to Thursdays...lol..

Wow was it me.. or did someone just get censored off the board? I know I was reading it.. refreshed and poof that was gone too...

M

maximumNugget

Well Boys / gurls / freaks / and all inbetweens

i am going to go to bed, tc and have a get rest of the night,

Hugs and Peace

Max

&lt;---- i'll be open TOMARROW
( LOL )

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand how everytime you guys take down EA-Land something goes wrong and it ends up taking all day long. I don't believe you guys have ever told the truth about how long the city will be down for.

N

NickelNik

14 pages later tons of people upset angry sleepy, ticked off, oh my what fun, well it's been like 4 hours since i noticed the problem, and patiently waiting, well paitiently waiting in bed now, it's like 1030pm here and still nothing, C'mon dev's i know you's can do it! i have had my moments pages back about this being down. when i started out i think there was only like 3 pages my how fast it grows. I think they are doing great they created this game, now have it free so for those of that do pay, yes i think something should be done for us, we pay for our time to play. i'm 2nd, 3rd, 4thing, and so on the skill spike... i'd say a min of 2 hours(more would be nice) in the early morning, later afternoon and the evening and really late nite to accomondate everyone that plays different times, unlike some i'm a stay at home mom and play the most while little one is in school and there is others in time zones that would benefit too at the differnt skill spikes, i'd really like to wish for the all day skill spike but i know that won't happen.. but i think uping the skill speed is the best idea to help ease everyone's frustration when it comes back on. I'm on for the vote of giving us a couple skill(ALL DAY ::crosses fingers::)spikes, i mean the payouts are already low, and currently skilling is the most besides jobs and some houses that keep there reg visitors and what not. Ok i feel as though i'm typing and making no sense, but yes another point too i agree with while i'm thinking about it, some kind of idea of what happened would really ease alot of people as well...

<font color="red"> </font>
SKILL SPIKES
AS MUCH AS THEY WOULD GIVE WOULD BE SO AWESOME, PLUS THINK ABOUT A COUPLE OF THEM AS TO NOT EVERYONE IS ON AT THE SAME TIME! <font color="red"> </font>

Ok this is it most likely for me unless i can't sleep, but i'm hitting the hay... Good Nite everyone, hope when it does come back on there is still people awake to play.... Praying it will be all a ok when i try to get on in the morning...

Nity Nite everyone, sweet dreams, dont let the bed bugs bite.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why does this always happen on my day off lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Murphy's....err.... Maxis law?

G

continuos down time, countless server outages, but they sure want their subscription payments on time... just got a email, im due in 7 days, shouldnt that read 8 days, now that i lost another one where i cant play LOL

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

WELL IM NOT GOING TO STOP PLAYING BUT THEY COULD AT LEAST ANSWER US OR LET US KNOW SOMETHING.I THINK ITS JUST MAKING EVERONE PIST BECAUSE ITS BEEN HAPPEN ALOT THESE DAYS.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this comment. but im trying to think possitive tho...but im having TSO withdrawls.....am i the only one lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

i dont think she means like 1 hour or 2 hours, nail them down to an exact time but....it would be nice if we knew it was going to be a few hours possibly? probably less than a few hours? we all want to play but if it is going to be a few hours, i want to go to sleep lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No ETA. Go to bed. Sweet dreams.

B

__BaNsHeE__

Of course there is no ETA. Funny how though when it comes to charging our cards, it is quite instantaneous.

Well, sweet dreams. Maybe in the morning it will all be sorted out, and after you and the other devs have a nice warm cup of java, you might, JUST MIGHT, answer my dozen or so unanswered emails I have sent over the past month regarding ongoing issues with my accounts.

Regards,

BaNsHeE

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

JUST A QUICK NOTE: MY CAPS LOCK KEY WORKS TOO!! WHEE!! I HAD TO CHECK IT OUT.

OKIES, I'M DONE BRAGGING NOW.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why does this always happen on my day off lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, Twisted Soul.

Like, seriously. All joking aside, I'm really sorry that you can't play on your day off.

G

I'm sure the dev's can't predict the exact time limit for the city being offline.
Unexpected things happen, and causes offline time to be longer than anticipated.

Honestly... they could take the game offline for 3 whole days, and as long as things got fixed... I really wouldn't care.

People need to realize that no one is forcing you to play this game... if you have so many problems with the way things are going... then don't play.
There are probably more than enough people who are dedicated to playing this game, and are greatful for everything the dev's are trying to accomplish... so I'm sure a few cranky people cancelling their accounts isn't really going to bother anyone.

There's just way too much negativity towards this game, and it's disgusting.
There are certain things that are going on with this game that, yeah... suck... but I still find ways to enjoy playing the game... and I'm sure there are others that agree.

IT'S A GAME... it's not the end of the world if you can't play for a day, or two, or three.

And I'm sure there are 2903847 people that are going to attack me for posting this, but I really don't care

I love this game... if I complained about it as much as some people... I wouldn't be paying $10 a month to play it.

S

Stikswifey

yes because they are so into fixing it when certain ones are making just rude and smart alack comments on here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

JUST A QUICK NOTE: MY CAPS LOCK KEY WORKS TOO!! WHEE!! I HAD TO CHECK IT OUT.

OKIES, I'M DONE BRAGGING NOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit messing with your keyboard and fix this issue, I wanna upload custom content

Just playin' ... My wife says I can use a night away from EA-Land. Pft, what does she know

H

hollythor

Thank you, prolly should not have looked. It took four years to just recolor a ground marker. Very sad actually, no comparison to a tree or cannon. How about a tree instead? LOL Does this landmark actually do anything? Thanks so much.

G

glass_angel

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

i dont think she means like 1 hour or 2 hours, nail them down to an exact time but....it would be nice if we knew it was going to be a few hours possibly? probably less than a few hours? we all want to play but if it is going to be a few hours, i want to go to sleep lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No ETA. Go to bed. Sweet dreams.

[/ QUOTE ]

good enough ...ty !!! just dont come up in 15 mins pls, or else i'll hafta...hafta....i dont know what...lol
good luck and good night : )

G

Dont know about you guys but atleast i can login now and see my sim
altough the citys offline

getting somewhere

ty devs

Status
Not open for further replies.