• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ventrillo...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Is it still considered the best voice program out there? Are there any others that have come along recently?

N

NoBuddy

Certainly the most widely used, and likely the best suited for most guild type functions due to individual channels, security, etc. Some people still use TeamSpeak as well as things like yahoo voice chat.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i swear to ventrilo myself, but many of my friends say ts3 is better.

R

RedMan99

Ive always known Ventrillo to be the best to use but after a 6-7month break(as a guild) we have come back and found that for some reason our new vent sever causes WTF lag sing out of vent and it goes away. The CS with vent has been very good changing the IP for the sever but it hasnt gotten any better.

One other program that we tried was mumble it worked great but since we were trying the free one random people could/would join in:cursing:

just my 2cents

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bit OT but we do have a public vent server with uo channel that everyone is welcome on, as long as you obay the simple rules listed in message of the day. :)

vent.knuckleheads.dk
port 3882
no password..

as i said.. offtopic :p

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ventrilo is fine but i defo need to disable the keypress sound or i go nuts :)