• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendors

C

CommoMP

Hello and good day to any of you that choose to respond to the post. I have a first time trader and I'm not associated with any guild. I'm trying to have my Tradre publicly activated so that people will begin to buy things from me, but it seems that even after activating the functions for the vendor to do so, I am still not activated within the over head map. What do I need to do to go public with a vendor?
Thank you.

P

Penti

Re: Use of Vendors in SWG

I think its a skill you earn from the progression wheel as you level up your trader? There are several methods to get your goods flowing........

1) Be part of a player city and ask if you can place a merchant tent near the shuttleport, or place a vendor within the city "mall" if they have one.

2) Buy a droid with a merchant barker module (or make one urself), position it where there's alot of passing "traffic" and have it advertise your vendor, with a waypoint of course ;)

3) Advertise on your servers trade forums. Give some details on what you make, an idea on price and whether you do custom orders etc.

Whatever you do I wish you all the best mate ;)

B

BadgerSmaker

Hey CommoMP,

Your will need to select the following options on the vendors radial menu:

Register (Unregister) Vendor allows you to register your vendor on the planetary and radar maps.
Enable Vendor Search allows the vendor to be seen on Bazaar Terminals.

That should list your vendor on the Plantary Map and your goods on the Vendor Location tab of the bazaar.

C

CommoMP

Thank you for the reply. I did that, but am still unable to see my vendor in the menu. I'll look again, perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place.

B

BadgerSmaker

You may need to wait until the next server reset to see it, with todays 12 hour downtime you should see your vendor on the planetary map when you log in.